Seminole 35 Cocoa 29 F/OT

KeemD321

Seminole 29 Cocoa 14 Halftime 

Game started off back n forth in the 1st. Cocoa got a pick 6 on first defensive series. Seminole comes back moves ball downfield and scores on a busted wildcat pass. All in all good game so far but Cocoa is killing themselves with personal fouls. Game is a little chippy. Both QBs threw 1 interception each. A lot of self inflicted penalties by both teams.

Seminole will be kicking off to start the 2nd half.

• KeemD321 changed the title to Seminole 35 Cocoa 29 F/OT
1 hour ago, KeemD321 said:

Helluva game. Seminole 35 Cocoa 29 F/OT

I was impressed with Cocoa's QB. He made some clutch throws and is also deceptively mobile. Seminole started off hot, but late in the second you could see their rhythm was off and that persisted in the second half. I feel for Cocoa. To time the game with no seconds on the clock only to lose it in overtime hurts. 

Seminole's offense is better than last year. However, their defense is not as good particularly against the pass. 

50 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

I was impressed with Cocoa's QB. He made some clutch throws and is also deceptively mobile. Seminole started off hot, but late in the second you could see their rhythm was off and that persisted in the second half. I feel for Cocoa. To time the game with no seconds on the clock only to lose it in overtime hurts. 

Seminole's offense is better than last year. However, their defense is not as good particularly against the pass. 

I definitely agree. In my eyes this game they showed that they still have that fight in them that they had last season. Still got some work to do with the run games and have to cut down on some of the penalties, but you could see the leadership stepping up and holding everyone accountable. They made some big time adjustments in the secondary to slow down Goldie Lawrence. After they lost their leading tackler you could see the middle linebacker guiding and breaking down assignments to the backup.

I feel bad for the rest of their district because with the way they played tonight if they are able to play controlled and limit penalties, they will cruise into a big time Brevard matchup with Rockledge. 

Here's better highlights and I saw something odd during a kick return that got whistled dead in the middle of the return for offsides on the kickoff. Which should've got blown right away. With the camera angle from the live stream I thought the returner was pushed out of bounds. 

8 hours ago, KeemD321 said:

Here's better highlights and I saw something odd during a kick return that got whistled dead in the middle of the return for offsides on the kickoff. Which should've got blown right away. With the camera angle from the live stream I thought the returner was pushed out of bounds. 

The Cocoa Head Coach should be grateful that he did not get charged with an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty on the Tigers INT return. The Coach clearly interfered with the official's path along the sideline and that official showed great tact in simply pushing the Coach's arm down. I commend the official and that particular Coach better be more careful in the future. 

41 minutes ago, Jambun82 said:

The Cocoa Head Coach should be grateful that he did not get charged with an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty on the Tigers INT return. The Coach clearly interfered with the official's path along the sideline and that official showed great tact in simply pushing the Coach's arm down. I commend the official and that particular Coach better be more careful in the future. 

Pretty sure it was an assistant. I'm just glad the officials let the players play. Some of the stoppages or indecisiveness on placement seemed to throw off the flow of the game for both teams. But all in all no complaints from me and didn't have any bearings on the outcome of the game. Just was pointing out things that seemed odd. 

Like on a Seminole punt return, the returner signal for a fair catch, let the ball roll then took it for a pretty good return. After a refs discussion they placed the ball back where he first touched it. I get why they did it due to the fair catch signal, I just don't get why they didn't blow it dead after he touched it.

They definitely did a better job officiating than what occurred during the Palm Bay vs Melbourne game. That game could've got ugly real fast.

1 hour ago, Jambun82 said:

Also, they got a sideline warning on that interception return. But as far as the punt and kick returns I mentioned, should they have been blown dead immediately after the returner gained possession of the punt and immediately after the infraction on the kickoff respectively. Or should the returns have continued? 

On 10/9/2022 at 12:27 PM, KeemD321 said:

Hey you know anywhere I can see HLs of the Cocoa STA game?  been looking everywhere.

On 10/9/2022 at 12:27 PM, KeemD321 said:

Damn that is some nice HD content right there!

On 10/9/2022 at 10:15 PM, KeemD321 said:

Pretty sure it was an assistant. I'm just glad the officials let the players play. Some of the stoppages or indecisiveness on placement seemed to throw off the flow of the game for both teams. But all in all no complaints from me and didn't have any bearings on the outcome of the game. Just was pointing out things that seemed odd. 

Like on a Seminole punt return, the returner signal for a fair catch, let the ball roll then took it for a pretty good return. After a refs discussion they placed the ball back where he first touched it. I get why they did it due to the fair catch signal, I just don't get why they didn't blow it dead after he touched it.

They definitely did a better job officiating than what occurred during the Palm Bay vs Melbourne game. That game could've got ugly real fast.

The fair catch signal might not have been seen initially, so the play was allowed to continue and then the after discussion, the ball was placed back where the returner possessed it. There also is a 5-yard penalty for delay-of-game on the returner for advancing after making a fair catch signal. What happened with the officiating during the Palm Bay-Melbourne game? 

24 minutes ago, Jambun82 said:

The fair catch signal might not have been seen initially, so the play was allowed to continue and then the after discussion, the ball was placed back where the returner possessed it. There also is a 5-yard penalty for delay-of-game on the returner for advancing after making a fair catch signal. What happened with the officiating during the Palm Bay-Melbourne game? 

What about the kick return where there was the offsides?

In the Palm Bay-Melbourne game it almost got out of hand and could've ended badly for a couple players.

During a interception or fumble return for Palm Bay, Melbourne was penalized for a holding but also during that same play there were 3 egregious blindside blocks by Palm Bay. Was obvious to everyone from the broadcasters to the crowd. One Melbourne got the worst of 2 of them, was demolished by one pirate and after he got up another Palm Bay player ran behind him and launched into his upper back dropping him again. There were literally about 4 or 5 on the play but 3 were absolutely obvious. 

23 hours ago, KeemD321 said:

What about the kick return where there was the offsides?

In the Palm Bay-Melbourne game it almost got out of hand and could've ended badly for a couple players.

During a interception or fumble return for Palm Bay, Melbourne was penalized for a holding but also during that same play there were 3 egregious blindside blocks by Palm Bay. Was obvious to everyone from the broadcasters to the crowd. One Melbourne got the worst of 2 of them, was demolished by one pirate and after he got up another Palm Bay player ran behind him and launched into his upper back dropping him again. There were literally about 4 or 5 on the play but 3 were absolutely obvious. 

The free-kick play should have been whistled dead immediately. Thank you for the other information.