@ Nulli Secundus

Beek

How about them Broncos!   Poinciana has been disrespected for a long time. There was a lot of trash talking on social media and complete lack of respect from their players and coaches. One of their coaches put it out there that they were going to drop 50 on us!  This lit a fire in our kids that couldnt be put out! 

We went on defense first they lost 13 yards. Then our offense went to work, dropped a 20-0 first half. Came out in the second half went up 26-0 off a 60 yard pic 6. They scored 26-7 then we immediately answered it 32-7. their other 2 touchdowns came in the last 4 minutes of the game. 

We know who we are. But could this be the new beginning of things at Poinciana? 4-2 so far!

2 hours ago, Beek said:

How about them Broncos!   Poinciana has been disrespected for a long time. There was a lot of trash talking on social media and complete lack of respect from their players and coaches. One of their coaches put it out there that they were going to drop 50 on us!  This lit a fire in our kids that couldnt be put out! 

We went on defense first they lost 13 yards. Then our offense went to work, dropped a 20-0 first half. Came out in the second half went up 26-0 off a 60 yard pic 6. They scored 26-7 then we immediately answered it 32-7. their other 2 touchdowns came in the last 4 minutes of the game. 

We know who we are. But could this be the new beginning of things at Poinciana? 4-2 so far!

Congratulations on the win!  That damn social media is one of the Bains of society, lol.  Davenport ain't been around long enough to call out scores against anyone.  Coaches need to set the tone, not participate in the foolishness.  With their remaining schedule, they have 3 big losses coming and could just as easily not win any more games to close out the season.

Again, congrats to Poinciana.  That is one program I would love to see finish strong and continue building on the recent success.  

3 hours ago, Beek said:

What is the potential that the Eagles will finish .600 or better with the games remaining?

9 minutes ago, Nulli Secundus said:

What is the potential that the Eagles will finish .600 or better with the games remaining?

I am not one for chest beating and wild predictions. But if we continue to play at the level we are and our opponents play at the level they are currently we have a great chance of winning out. We take no games lightly. Just 1 game at a time. But I feel Davenport was the best team we will face for the rest of the year. No disrespect intended for our opponents. 

Just now, Beek said:

I am not one for chest beating and wild predictions. But if we continue to play at the level we are and our opponents play at the level they are currently we have a great chance of winning out. We take no games lightly. But I feel Davenport was the best team we will face for the rest of the year. No disrespect intended for our opponents. 

Understood and no need.  Again, having been around long enough to know that Poinciana was everyone's guaranteed win and to see them dropping W's now really feels good to see, even at the expense of a still wet behind the ear Polk County school.  Between Lake Wales, Auburndale and Ridge, Davenport has some ass whoopins coming.  I wonder is the social media blitz will continue when it's time to face those squads, lol. 

6 minutes ago, Nulli Secundus said:

Understood and no need.  Again, having been around long enough to know that Poinciana was everyone's guaranteed win and to see them dropping W's now really feels good to see, even at the expense of a still wet behind the ear Polk County school.  Between Lake Wales, Auburndale and Ridge, Davenport has some ass whoopins coming.  I wonder is the social media blitz will continue when it's time to face those squads, lol. 

The buzz was all about 4 player transfers and 2 former coaches who are now at Davenport. Arguably our #1 player from last season was one of those who transferred. Add into the fact we lost to them last year. Close proximity etc.... (neither of those coaches were the ones talking)

1 minute ago, Beek said:

The buzz was all about 4 player transfers and 2 former coaches who are now at Davenport. Arguably our #1 player from last season was one of those who transferred. Add into the fact we lost to them last year. Close proximity etc....

A story as old as time.  Last year's results don't dictate this years outcome, lol.

On 10/8/2022 at 11:08 AM, Beek said:

Are you guys open to playing a bowl game after the regular season? Windermere Prep I believe is an independent and at 4 wins as well. You obviously need 5 to qualify but I would assume both teams will get it. 

I think Beachside would be a good fit due to both being public schools and are similar in skill set. 

Have you had conversations about a bowl game at all with your team?

• 2 months later...
On 10/8/2022 at 2:23 PM, Beek said:

I am not one for chest beating and wild predictions. But if we continue to play at the level we are and our opponents play at the level they are currently we have a great chance of winning out. We take no games lightly. Just 1 game at a time. But I feel Davenport was the best team we will face for the rest of the year. No disrespect intended for our opponents. 

8-2 is nothing to sneeze at.  Congratulations!!

14 hours ago, Nulli Secundus said:

8-2 is nothing to sneeze at.  Congratulations!!

Appreciate that!  At the county level we still did not get any real recognition. Our players were passed over for the all county team. We did have a silver lining though. We played a senior game osceola vs lake county. we lost the game by special teams. But our QB threw 3 TD passes and our receivers caught 3 td passes, not all the same. We were involved in every score. I know we impressed the other county coaches then! 

Now we just have to back that up next season, To prove we werent a one hit wonder. We added Toho and Celebration and Foundation academy to our schedule, dropping Parrish community, LaBelle and Ambassadors Christian. No disrespect to them, scheduling just didnt work out!

2 hours ago, Beek said:

Appreciate that!  At the county level we still did not get any real recognition. Our players were passed over for the all county team. We did have a silver lining though. We played a senior game osceola vs lake county. we lost the game by special teams. But our QB threw 3 TD passes and our receivers caught 3 td passes, not all the same. We were involved in every score. I know we impressed the other county coaches then! 

Now we just have to back that up next season, To prove we werent a one hit wonder. We added Toho and Celebration and Foundation academy to our schedule, dropping Parrish community, LaBelle and Ambassadors Christian. No disrespect to them, scheduling just didnt work out!

Again Coach, congrats on a successful season and as always I respect your opinion on HS football matters.  However, your best player Perry Garrett actually made first team all county, not as a WR or RB or DB but as an athlete who could do it all just like you utilized him.  He was one of your 3 players that did shine in that senior game.  Your RB Davrell made 2nd team all county, as like Perry was a back-up on our team so who should they have kept off the 1st team?  Taevion, the 2 very good RB's from Harmony?  You and I both know that would not be just.  Lastly, you probably have a good argument for your QB statistically plus leadership and other factors but he also made the 2nd team.  I don't get a vote or have a dog in the hunt but still not sure why they gave the 1st team honor to the SC QB.  If it was based on the stats your kid had a few hundred yards more thru the air and was better as a runner.  But if that was the overriding factor they should have given it to Sabby from Toho as he had over 1000 more yards than either and he only got an honorable mention.  Remember, all year I hammered Toho not for their strength of schedule but for running up scores on those inferior teams.   At years end their strength of schedule was a -2 while yours was a -19, so that may have also been a factor.   So factually all three of your players you say were passed over actually made either 1st team or 2nd team. 

2 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

Again Coach, congrats on a successful season and as always I respect your opinion on HS football matters.  However, your best player Perry Garrett actually made first team all county, not as a WR or RB or DB but as an athlete who could do it all just like you utilized him.  He was one of your 3 players that did shine in that senior game.  Your RB Davrell made 2nd team all county, as like Perry was a back-up on our team so who should they have kept off the 1st team?  Taevion, the 2 very good RB's from Harmony?  You and I both know that would not be just.  Lastly, you probably have a good argument for your QB statistically plus leadership and other factors but he also made the 2nd team.  I don't get a vote or have a dog in the hunt but still not sure why they gave the 1st team honor to the SC QB.  If it was based on the stats your kid had a few hundred yards more thru the air and was better as a runner.  But if that was the overriding factor they should have given it to Sabby from Toho as he had over 1000 more yards than either and he only got an honorable mention.  Remember, all year I hammered Toho not for their strength of schedule but for running up scores on those inferior teams.   At years end their strength of schedule was a -2 while yours was a -19, so that may have also been a factor.   So factually all three of your players you say were passed over actually made either 1st team or 2nd team. 

Honestly, it is a vote amongst the head coaches in the county only!   In my opinion it can be a popularity contest at times. I was there, I voted, I saw who voted for who. I saw who didnt give almost a single vote for a particular school, no matter who the athlete or accomplishments were.  I wont go into particulars, but it is way more than stats. (Honest stats) Not bashing anyone, not calling anyone out. Not saying anything bad about anyone. I voted honestly using statistics as a basis, did figure in strength of schedule and players true ability. Just because a team doesnt have a good record, doesnt mean that the player is not of a certain caliber. Have to take a lot of factors into account. 

I am not saying that the players who received the awards were not deserving, or even better than our players. It was the lack of respect in the actual voting, which you would never see. 

4 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

You are 100% correct, you were in the room and I was not but what you are now describing is a whole separate issue than your original statement that not a single player made all county.   We both know 3 of your players in fact did.  

What I was saying was taken out of context, mostly I didnt choose my words exactly correct. I was implying that as a team we were passed over, not every single player. But only 1 of our players, was awarded 1st team out of 30

First team is what matters, it is a medal and major recognition. Second team is a certificate, honorable mention is well, 3rd team I guess. In shear numbers overall Poinciana was given a lot of second teams. But those kids didnt get maybe 1 or 2 first team votes. There are things I would like to say, but i wont.

Again, please understand I am not trying to take away from other players accomplishments. Just commenting on how some teams and their players accomplishments are viewed. 

5 hours ago, Beek said:

What I was saying was taken out of context, mostly I didnt choose my words exactly correct. I was implying that as a team we were passed over, not every single player. But only 1 of our players, was awarded 1st team out of 30

First team is what matters, it is a medal and major recognition. Second team is a certificate, honorable mention is well, 3rd team I guess. In shear numbers overall Poinciana was given a lot of second teams. But those kids didnt get maybe 1 or 2 first team votes. There are things I would like to say, but i wont.

Again, please understand I am not trying to take away from other players accomplishments. Just commenting on how some teams and their players accomplishments are viewed. 

Your feelings are completely understandable as I imagine Liberty, Celebration and Gateway coaches getting just a few feel the same way.  Keep the program moving forward consistently and I bet those things will take care of themselves.

Celebration is really bad so that’s an auto win. Toho is a good team for Poinciana to play for sure. Foundation is hit or miss because they are a very small private that can get really good or really bad very quickly. Right now I’ll say that’s an even. 

Celebration went 1-9 and beat Toho. Not using hyperbole but that’s gotta be the biggest upset in the entire state. Please let me know of a bigger one 

I was at that game. Toho was honestly outplayed. The score would have been worse if Celebration didnt have their best receivers ejected for being stupid. Upset, yes. But it wasnt like toho was missing players or  made 1 bad mistake. 

We have played Foundation 2 times since I have been at this school.  We lost both games 2017 22-21, 2021 52-0. But I totally agree with your assessment of them. 

22 hours ago, Beek said:

I was at that game. Toho was honestly outplayed. The score would have been worse if Celebration didnt have their best receivers ejected for being stupid. Upset, yes. But it wasnt like toho was missing players or  made 1 bad mistake. 

We have played Foundation 2 times since I have been at this school.  We lost both games 2017 22-21, 2021 52-0. But I totally agree with your assessment of them. 

@Beek coach I need your help. I was updating my 2022 results and noticed in 2021 I was missing a potential score 

You guys were scheduled to play Lake Region Sept 17, 2021.

maxpreps say Lake Region won 12-0

scorestream says it was 0-0 implying the game was never played 

and I can’t find any mention on Twitter 

what say you????

On 1/6/2023 at 7:30 AM, Beek said:

qb transfer from another state

2 wrs transfers from osceola

those 3 kids are not real poinciana kids that yall developed.  

need to be honest about it and not sugar coat it......

h8r

On 1/6/2023 at 11:57 AM, Beek said:

Honestly, it is a vote amongst the head coaches in the county only!   In my opinion it can be a popularity contest at times. I was there, I voted, I saw who voted for who. I saw who didnt give almost a single vote for a particular school, no matter who the athlete or accomplishments were.  I wont go into particulars, but it is way more than stats. (Honest stats) Not bashing anyone, not calling anyone out. Not saying anything bad about anyone. I voted honestly using statistics as a basis, did figure in strength of schedule and players true ability. Just because a team doesnt have a good record, doesnt mean that the player is not of a certain caliber. Have to take a lot of factors into account. 

I am not saying that the players who received the awards were not deserving, or even better than our players. It was the lack of respect in the actual voting, which you would never see. 

hmmm......interesting

1 hour ago, h8r said:

h8r

Just to be factual, those 2 kids from Osceola referenced here plus another player that excelled for them (DJ Cummings-WR also) were zoned for Poinciana but didn't return there till their Senior year (22-23) when the realization of playing time came into the equation.   Coach Beek has acknowledged as much complimenting on the discipline, work ethic and other positive traits these players exhibit when they returned to their zoned school.

1 hour ago, h8r said:

h8r

Those were / are poinciana kids. The 2 kids you mentioned are, and have always been zoned for poinciana. I made no proclamation that we developed those players. (Osceola did a great job of that, those are remarkable kids, all around some of the best kids and most respectful that i have had the pleasure to coach.)  Did we coach them? yes, Did we set the stage for them to have successful senior seasons? Yes. Did we get them college offers? Yes.  The quarterback transfer is a poinciana kid, his older brother played for and obviously attended poinciana. He came to us for one reason. He had played for a state championship caliber team (New Bern N.C.) They ran a triple option offense and he wanted to be developed into a passer. He had thrown for 1258 yards as a starting QB in all of his first 3 years in high school. He threw for 2213 yards in one season with us. I know we developed him as a passer! We took another transfer who was a Junior on jv and a varsity ball boy and developed him into a running back that averaged 5.8 yards per carry! Please dont question our ability to develop players!

So what I am taking from this is we get discredited for having transfers. So that is saying that no school develops transfers. Or just poinciana? When other schools have big name transfers everyone praises them. When we have transfers we are sugar coating it? I am not sugar coating the players abilities. The point of my comment was that because they played for poinciana they did not get as much recognition as they deserved for what they accomplished.