OSCEOLA KOWBOYS DOWN DAYTONA MAINLAND 33-6

Ray Icaza

13 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

Obviously I will be at the OHS vs TOHO game if you can call it that (Tsunami Warning and not in TOHO favor), but the Poinciana game Coach Beek highlighted or even better the Harmony vs Heritage game in St. Cloud will be better. 

I am not saying how our game is going to be. I refuse to say anything before we play. We all know what karma is!

6 minutes ago, Beek said:

I am not saying how our game is going to be. I refuse to say anything before we play. We all know what karma is!

That’s coach speak for we bout to give these boys a West Texas ass whooping!!!! 

Poinciana is coming to do 2 things Friday. Chew bubble gum and whip ass. And as of this post, Poinciana is fresh out of bubble gum!!!!! 

1 hour ago, Perspective said:

Nolebull, I was 'just kidding' about you being the coach at TOHO -- although since I posted, you have acknowledged that you  "might be in Kissimmee this Friday" and, if so, you're "gonna have to hit up the Osceola/Toho game," so now I'm not so sure.  (I'm at a loss what acronym/emoji/emoticon to put here to let you know that I don't really believe you are the coach, but that there is a certain amount of irony going on here). 

Admittedly, I have a somewhat different 'perspective' than you do when it comes to running up the score on an out-matched opponent.  If I remember correctly, you seem to be of the mindset that it's more insulting to an opponent to take your foot off the gas and that if a team is consistently getting blown out, that team should just give up the sport. 

I, on the other hand, believe that football karma is the ultimate bitch.  As such,and recognizing there are some exceptions to the rule, when you are the coach for a superior team playing against a clearly-outmatched opponent, it pays to show a certain degree of sportsmanship and allow the other team to maintain some semblance of their dignity.   The greater the talent differential, the more creative the sure-to-win coach has to be.   This is especially true when neither team has any control over the scheduling.  

Obviously, based on my recollection of your prior posts, I thought of you when I read Beek's accounts of the JV game and my post was simply my attempt to humorously connect your philosophy with that of the TOHO coach.  So, now that I made this much of an effort to explain (but not defend) myself, I'll ask you this question:  what do you think of Beek's account of the TOHO coach?  Assuming everything in Beek's post is true, are you OK with what the TOHO coach did? 

As I have alluded in the past, I am thankful our HC (EP) believes in pulling starters out early (mid 2nd qtr.) when playing an outclassed teams thereby giving backups (and their parents) reward for their efforts in practice.  I do not have a problem with this group attempting to move the football, get 1st downs and even score as that is what they are supposed to do.  The big benefit is you are providing these kids with valuable game experience in the event of injury and for subsequent years to come.  Very short sighted to keep starters in for any reason when the opponent has no chance for victory.  

7 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

As I have alluded in the past, I am thankful our HC (EP) believes in pulling starters out early (mid 2nd qtr.) when playing an outclassed teams thereby giving backups (and their parents) reward for their efforts in practice.  I do not have a problem with this group attempting to move the football, get 1st downs and even score as that is what they are supposed to do.  The big benefit is you are providing these kids with valuable game experience in the event of injury and for subsequent years to come.  Very short sighted to keep starters in for any reason when the opponent has no chance for victory.  

I get district games that are forced on you, but you shouldn’t be scheduling out manned teams just for the sake of getting the backups playing time. That’s actually a backward way of thinking because the starters suffer. The guys who put butts in the seats, and checks in the coaches pockets should be rewarded with competent competition to play 4 quarters against.  I know Osceola plays one of the toughest schedules so I don’t see that from them, but your backups are backups for a reason and the starters who are better shouldn’t have playing time taken from them by intentionally scheduling bad teams. 

40 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

I didn’t think you thought I was the coach at Toho. But ask yourself this. Have you seen me and the (alleged) coach at Toho in the same room at the same time? :ph34r:

I can't say that I have.  But, since I don't know what either of you look like, that's not a very strong statement.  :D

5 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

I get district games that are forced on you, but you shouldn’t be scheduling out manned teams just for the sake of getting the backups playing time. That’s actually a backward way of thinking because the starters suffer. The guys who put butts in the seats, and checks in the coaches pockets should be rewarded with competent competition to play 4 quarters against.  I know Osceola plays one of the toughest schedules so I don’t see that from them, but your backups are backups for a reason and the starters who are better shouldn’t have playing time taken from them by intentionally scheduling bad teams. 

Honestly, for as long as I can recall we have never scheduled bad teams for the reasons you enumerate.  We schedule St. Cloud due to a long standing tradition (no longer a real rivalry) as the fans want it.  The games you describe are always assigned district matchups.  We may schedule teams we are favored against, tossups or slight underdogs as well as those ranked significantly ahead of us.  If you want to truly compete in the playoffs it is what you MUST DO!

15 hours ago, Beek said:

An 0-7 Celebration beat TOHO tonight...I was there!

WHAT!

the run it up guy?  the guy who set the state record for td passes in  a game at 10 vs celebration?

the I coach the most prolific pass game in the state(fwd pitch handoffs and fwd pass jet sweeps if you call it a that pass offense)

lost to celebration????

thats 3 in  arow with the kowboys being #4 friday and a tough haines city next week.  could be 5 straight losses for those fellas.  ouch

2 hours ago, h8r said:

WHAT!

the run it up guy?  the guy who set the state record for td passes in  a game at 10 vs celebration?

the I coach the most prolific pass game in the state(fwd pitch handoffs and fwd pass jet sweeps if you call it a that pass offense)

lost to celebration????

thats 3 in  arow with the kowboys being #4 friday and a tough haines city next week.  could be 5 straight losses for those fellas.  ouch

Anything can happen on the field.  However, barring some miracle I expect Osceola and Haines City to handle business.  It won't be pretty either.

2 minutes ago, badbird said:

@Jambun82  I believe this is legal now and you don't have to be under center to spike the ball

it is legal now. I was informed by a referee and he showed me the actual rule. This still, in my opinion should be considered or could be confused as intentional grounding

If a spike (to stop the clock) is now legal from a shotgun formation, the ball would still have to be caught cleanly by the QB and then immediately thrown directly to the ground.  In essence, this is an exception to the intentional grounding rule.  If the QB does not catch the snap cleanly or hesitates or moves/scrambles in any way, the spike-to-stop-the-clock exception will not apply and grounding, if appropriate, can then be called. 

At least that's the way I would write the rule.  ;)

8 hours ago, badbird said:

@Jambun82  I believe this is legal now and you don't have to be under center to spike the ball

That is correct badbird. The immediate throwing of the football to the ground to conserve time by the player directly positioned behind the snapper that has neither been muffed nor touched the ground previously is a legal exception.  

On 10/24/2022 at 1:15 PM, Ray Icaza said:

Obviously I will be at the OHS vs TOHO game if you can call it that (Tsunami Warning and not in TOHO favor), but the Poinciana game Coach Beek highlighted or even better the Harmony vs Heritage game in St. Cloud will be better. 

The Harmony vs Heritage game is a big district matchup for a possible playoff spot.