SOUL BOWL: BLANCHE ELY (8-0) @ #9 DiLLARD (6-3)

THIS_IS_DILLARD

The time is here , SOULLLLLLL BOWWWWLLLLLL! One of Florida’s fiercest most hated rival of all times DILLARD VS ELY. Many in Florida call this game the “MINI FLORIDA CLASSICS” With the crowd, the most anticipated half time shows, the stand & 5th Quarter battles it’s most def a atmosphere to experience atleast once in your lifetime. 

Blanche ely tigers (8-0) - The tigers Are statistically having one of their Best season in the last 10 Plus years. 

The tigers are calling this year their “Redemption year” Aka their “Revenge year” All year Long They Have Been Begging To Be Respected While reciting the Old Ely Is Back. 

Dillard Panthers (6-3) - After A Slow Start To The Season Against Some Of The Nations Best , The Panthers Have Reeled Off 3 Consecutive Dominating Wins. 

in Fact In All Of Dillard Wins They Won in fairly lopsided fashion

Vs (7-2) Plantation , Dillard 42 Plantation 6 

Vs (7-1) Miramar , Dillard 35 Miramar 7

Vs (6-3) Rock Creek Christian (BALTIMORE) Dillard 35 Rock Creek 0

Dillard Vs (5-4) Ft Lauderdale Dillard 35 Ft Lauderdale 0

Dillard Vs (5-4) Lincoln , Dillard 35 Lincoln 10

THE GAME: literally the ENTIRE city have been talking & building the fire to this game for weeks! , Will DILLARD win Their First “BIG GAME” this year & Put A Stop To Elys Undefeated Streak ? , Can Ely End their 5 Year Losing Streak To Dillard ? 

ATTENDANCE: This Game is Expected To Be Well Over 5,000 in Attendance & Will Have The Entire Dillard Neighborhood Community inaccessible due to the traffic overflow. 

BLANCHE ELY LAST VICTORY OVER DILLARD?: the tigers last victory over Dillard came in a upset back in 2016 at the old Lockhart stadium where Dillard was favored by 14 points. 

FUN FACT: that win Also Marked The 5th Year in A Row That Ely Had Beaten Dillard.

PLAYOFF IMPLICATIONS: With Both Teams in 3M it’s ironic that it’s Coming Down To this Game For The #2 Seed in The 3M Playoffs. Right Now Dillard is Ahead Of Ely by 0.04 Points For That #2 Seed Even Though Ely Won Their District & Dillard is A Runner Up. 

PREDICTION: On Paper This Should Be A Blowout in favor Of Dillard. More Talented, More Battle Tested, At Home, But the Funny Thing About These heated Rival Games , Records Go Out The Window & it Comes Down To Pure Grit & Who Wants it More THAT NIGHT. 

i see this game being hard hit with a lot of adrenaline, penalties & A lot Of Defensive Stops early. In the end I See Dillard making the play’s & adjustments necessary to Win This At Home 28-13

what Do You Guys Think Of This Matchup @VeniceIndiansFootball @ColumbiaHighFan2017class @DarterBlue2 @nolebull813 @Jullian

22 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

In that case I hope he has a terrible game. Lol lmao 

He's a good kid. Came to Apopka from Deerfield when his mother died tragically to stay with relatives up here. But I guess he was just a South Florida kid at heart so he decided to play his senior year at Ely. 

Personally, I think he should have gotten more carries last year as I thought he complimented our other back. But what do I know. Maybe if he had, he would still be here. 

3 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

He's a good kid. Came to Apopka from Deerfield when his mother died tragically to stay with relatives up here. But I guess he was just a South Florida kid at heart so he decided to play his senior year at Ely. 

Personally, I think he should have gotten more carries last year as I thought he complimented our other back. But what do I know. Maybe if he had, he would still be here. 

I feel you on that, what’s your take on this game overall. ?

39 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I feel you on that, what’s your take on this game overall. ?

Ely is much improved, but they are not Dillard and have not played a very challenging schedule. I expect Dillard to win by 14-24 points. The margin will depend on whether you all play conservative ahead of the playoffs. 

5 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Ely is much improved, but they are not Dillard and have not played a very challenging schedule. I expect Dillard to win by 14-24 points. The margin will depend on whether you all play conservative ahead of the playoffs. 

That I agree with and also we have a very great chance of playing them again in the second round if the rankings stay the same as they were a few days ago. 

4 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

The time is here , SOULLLLLLL BOWWWWLLLLLL! One of Florida’s fiercest most hated rival of all times DILLARD VS ELY. Many in Florida call this game the “MINI FLORIDA CLASSICS” With the crowd, the most anticipated half time shows, the stand & 5th Quarter battles it’s most def a atmosphere to experience atleast once in your lifetime. 

Blanche ely tigers (8-0) - The tigers Are statistically having one of their Best season in the last 10 Plus years. 

The tigers are calling this year their “Redemption year” Aka their “Revenge year” All year Long They Have Been Begging To Be Respected While reciting the Old Ely Is Back. 

Dillard Panthers (6-3) - After A Slow Start To The Season Against Some Of The Nations Best , The Panthers Have Reeled Off 3 Consecutive Dominating Wins. 

THE GAME: literally the ENTIRE city have been talking & building the fire to this game for weeks! , Will DILLARD win Their First “BIG GAME” this year & Put A Stop To Elys Undefeated Streak ? , Can Ely End their 5 Year Losing Streak To Dillard ? 

ATTENDANCE: This Game is Expected To Be Well Over 5,000 in Attendance & Will Have The Entire Dillard Neighborhood Community inaccessible due to the traffic overflow. 

BLANCHE ELY LAST VICTORY OVER DILLARD?: the tigers last victory over Dillard came in a upset back in 2016 at the old Lockhart stadium where Dillard was favored by 14 points. 

FUN FACT: that win Also Marked The 5th Year in A Row That Ely Had Beaten Dillard.

PLAYOFF IMPLICATIONS: With Both Teams in 3M it’s ironic that it’s Coming Down To this Game For The #2 Seed in The 3M Playoffs. Right Now Dillard is Ahead Of Ely by 0.04 Points For That #2 Seed Even Though Ely Won Their District & Dillard is A Runner Up. 

PREDICTION: On Paper This Should Be A Blowout in favor Of Dillard. More Talented, More Battle Tested, At Home, But the Funny Thing About These heated Rival Games , Records Go Out The Window & it Comes Down To Pure Grit & Who Wants it More THAT NIGHT. 

i see this game being hard hit with a lot of adrenaline, penalties & A lot Of Defensive Stops early. In the end I See Dillard making the play’s & adjustments necessary to Win This At Home 28-13

what Do You Guys Think Of This Matchup @VeniceIndiansFootball @ColumbiaHighFan2017class @DarterBlue2 @nolebull813 @Jullian

Aren’t the district champions 1-4 seed? The highest Dillard can b is a 5th seed? 

11 minutes ago, Jullian said:

Aren’t the district champions 1-4 seed? The highest Dillard can b is a 5th seed? 

Not this year they changed it bro, winning your district only guarantee you a spot in the playoffs and a first round playoff game. 

it doesn’t guarantee you a top 4 seed , they decide that based off SOS which will make you a AT LARGE seed which this year trumps a district winner. 

for example if DILLARD ends this season with the #2 seed they will host until the regional finals unless STA is upset then atp they will host every round until the state semis. Which is why this game Saturday is HUGE! 

8 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Not this year they changed it bro, winning your district only guarantee you a spot in the playoffs and a first round playoff game. 

it doesn’t guarantee you a top 4 seed , they decide that based off SOS which will make you a AT LARGE seed which this year trumps a district winner. 

for example if DILLARD ends this season with the #2 seed they will host until the regional finals unless STA is upset then atp they will host every round until the state semis. Which is why this game Saturday is HUGE! 

Gotcha! Thanks. Didn’t know that. I agree with that rule! Super. 

23 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Dillard hands BE their first loss of the season. 42-17 Panthers

2 hours ago, PinellasFB said:

Man what a turnaround season from 1-9 to 9-0 for Blanche Ely.  Did they get a bunch of transfers in or something?

2 things. #1 they’re 8-0 not 9-0 & will be 8-1 after Saturday lol. 

#2 their schedule was piss poor this year didn’t face not 1 above Avg team all year. But you’re right major step up from 1-9. We will see what their really hitting on Saturday evening. 

4 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Whewww it’s gonna be blood this Saturday the hate that’s being spewed on social media between these schools it’s unlike anything in the past @VeniceIndiansFootball @DarterBlue2 @Jullian

A crowd of 6,000+ is expected for Saturday , you can feel the tension as this game gets closer. 

Maybe 15-20 years ago this game would have been competitive... Not now! DiIIard huge!

My prediction:  Close game midway through the second period.   I'm not sure which team is winning.   Something happens outside the stadium (loud noises, cars backfiring, etc.) causing people inside the stadium to react.  Chaos ensues.  Both teams head to locker room.  Bands were already headed down to the field for halftime and are told they now have to get on their buses and leave.  They're pissed, because they've been waiting all season for this moment.   So the bands, united in protest, both run out onto the field.  Once out on the field, the bands can't agree on who gets to perform first.  More chaos.  Moments later, the players return, but as they try to take the field, the marching bands refuse to yield (some of you will get that reference).   Ultimately, the administrators are forced to cancel the rest of the game.  MaxPreps' special, Florida-only ranking system can't figure out how to handle the results of the game, so the FHSAA has to recalculate the power rankings by hand, which takes four days.  As a result, Dillard ends up having to play at STA in the opening round of the playoffs. 

It could happen, right? 

B)

1 hour ago, Perspective said:

My prediction:  Close game midway through the second period.   I'm not sure which team is winning.   Something happens outside the stadium (loud noises, cars backfiring, etc.) causing people inside the stadium to react.  Chaos ensues.  Both teams head to locker room.  Bands were already headed down to the field for halftime and are told they now have to get on their buses and leave.  They're pissed, because they've been waiting all season for this moment.   So the bands, united in protest, both run out onto the field.  Once out on the field, the bands can't agree on who gets to perform first.  More chaos.  Moments later, the players return, but as they try to take the field, the marching bands refuse to yield (some of you will get that reference).   Ultimately, the administrators are forced to cancel the rest of the game.  MaxPreps' special, Florida-only ranking system can't figure out how to handle the results of the game, so the FHSAA has to recalculate the power rankings by hand, which takes four days.  As a result, Dillard ends up having to play at STA in the opening round of the playoffs. 

It could happen, right? 

B)

LOL LMAO

On 11/5/2022 at 6:31 PM, cribboy305 said:

I notice fam aint updating like usual so ima let yall know. dillard is LOSING at the half 9-7 lol

Plus a third straight week of Dillard happening to be the common factor in an altercation at a HS football game that gets suspended.    Just a coincidence?

On 11/3/2022 at 2:58 PM, Perspective said:

It could happen, right? 

B)

This comment aged too well for comfort...

On 11/5/2022 at 6:31 PM, cribboy305 said:

I notice fam aint updating like usual so ima let yall know. dillard is LOSING at the half 9-7 lol

First and foremost why you was trying to be petty if you haven’t noticed I haven’t been able to update here on game day for the last few weeks simply because since I got a new phone I’m not able to log in on here for some reason it won’t take my credentials, which leaves the only way I’m able to get on here is by my other phone which only works by wifi when I’m home. 

but if you followed the national site you would know I’ve been doing my live game updates on there. But since you had to put in all caps that we were losing 9-7 in a heated rival game at halftime did that make you feel better homie ? Lol lmao