Congrats @Beek

nolebull813

For breaking the school record for wins in a season. With the win and only 2 games left, Big Boy Beek will also have the record for fewest losses in a season as well. If they play St Cloud or anyone else in a bowl game with it will be the first bowl game in school history. 

Congrats to @Beek for setting the standard for Poinciana football 

Congrats Coach Beekman, hope it leads to more success going forward as no matter where you are on the ranking spectrum it is a process.  Not get too high when things are going right or too low when they are not.  Steady progress day by day, week to week, month to month and year to year.  Formula is actually simple, the work is not.  Keep it going. 

Thanks to all. I never thought at week 10 with 1 game to go Poinciana would be sitting 7-2. I am only a small part of how all of this happened. Coaches and players all working together and believing in the system. Unfortunately we are just now finally hitting on all cylinders. With the season winding down.  The game we played last night was the most complete game we have played as a team. All facets of the game worked well. Hardee is no slouch, they are a well disciplined and expertly put together team. All of the things that have gone wrong for us in the past went right for a change. This was the best officiated game I have been in all year. Big shout out to Gulf coast football officials association. (and no, all the penalties didn't go against the other team)

The bowl game is set for Wednesday 11/9/2022 at Poinciana High school vs St. Cloud High School

This game will be a very tough one for us. But we really need to play them to see where we are as a team. 

First we must beat Liberty Friday night. 15 years loosing this rivalry hopefully will come to an end. 

I must also thank my administration for believing in the process. When they hired me I told them this was going to be a long process. This year being my 4th, I am now the longest tenured coach in the schools history. I feel we are still in the beginning process of this. One good year doesn't fix anything. But it is a heck of a start. We hit rock bottom last year having kicked all our seniors off the team. The kids who came in this year came with a great attitude. They are coach-able. They are good students and most of all great leaders.

58 minutes ago, Beek said:

Thanks to all. I never thought at week 10 with 1 game to go Poinciana would be sitting 7-2. I am only a small part of how all of this happened. Coaches and players all working together and believing in the system. Unfortunately we are just now finally hitting on all cylinders. With the season winding down.  The game we played last night was the most complete game we have played as a team. All facets of the game worked well. Hardee is no slouch, they are a well disciplined and expertly put together team. All of the things that have gone wrong for us in the past went right for a change. This was the best officiated game I have been in all year. Big shout out to Gulf coast football officials association. (and no all the penalties didn't go against the other team)

The bowl game is set for Wednesday 11/9/2022 at Poinciana High school vs St. Cloud High School

This game will be a very tough one for us. But we really need to play them to see where we are as a team. 

First we must beat Liberty Friday night. 15 years loosing this rivalry hopefully will come to an end. 

I must also thank my administration for believing in the process. When they hired me I told them this was going to be a long process. This year being my 4th, I am now the longest tenured coach in the schools history. I feel we are still in the beginning process of this. One good year doesn't fix anything. But it is a heck of a start. We hit rock bottom last year having kicked all our seniors off the team. The kids who came in this year came with a great attitude. They are coach-able. They are good students and most of all great leaders.

“Motivation is simple. You eliminate those who are not motivated”

- Lou Holtz

I may regret posting this in the morning. But from all our kids have been through for the last 4 years as me being the head coach and the schools history. Poinciana finally defeated liberty 56-0.After loosing the "Battle of the Boulevard" for 15 years in a row, from its existence! Improving our record to 8-2. Lets not forget who we are and from where we came. My hat is off to the kids and their sacrifices that have finally made this happen for them!

6 hours ago, Beek said:

I may regret posting this in the morning. But from all our kids have been through for the last 4 years as me being the head coach and the schools history. Poinciana finally defeated liberty 56-0.After loosing the "Battle of the Boulevard" for 15 years in a row, from its existence! Improving our record to 8-2. Lets not forget who we are and from where we came. My hat is off to the kids and their sacrifices that have finally made this happen for them!

Awesome display of both offense and defense.  My other observation on an Osceola county school is Toho's performance last night against Haines City.  Most did not expect them to win and I congratulate them on the victory despite my jabs at the coach for running up scores/stats at times.   It was also a pretty convincing win.  If Harmony doesn't get in as probably the second best team in the county, maybe they can play a bowl game against Toho.

4 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

Awesome display of both offense and defense.  My other observation on an Osceola county school is Toho's performance last night against Haines City.  Most did not expect them to win and I congratulate them on the victory despite my jabs at the coach for running up scores/stats at times.   It was also a pretty convincing win.  If Harmony doesn't get in as probably the second best team in the county, maybe they can play a bowl game against Toho.

Toho is playing lake region on Thursday

2 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

Thanks, had no idea but sounds like another winnable game for them.  

Lake region coach just told me. All of a sudden today Toho is having to check with their AD after asking for $$ for playing this game and Region came up with the money. So who knows if that game will play now