A stunning win

DarterBlue2

With three seconds left, Apopka managed to hit a 35 yard field goal to take down Seminole high 24-23. 

Apopka won this game the only way they could against a more talented team. Hog the ball, keep the Seminole offence off the field as much as possible. And stop them when they did have the ball.

They were able to get Seminole to punt 4 times. Ate a lot of clock when they had the ball; scored an opportunistic punt return when the ball hit a Seminole player and ricocheted into an Apopka player; and found a way to move the ball effectively twice in the fourth quarter against a gassed Seminole offense. 

I gave Apopka about a 20% chance of winning this game. I am not going to lie. But I am very pleased and proud of this victory regardless of what the playoffs have in store.  

8 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

With three seconds left, Apopka managed to hit a 35 yard field goal to take down Seminole high 24-23. 

Apopka won this game the only way they could against a more talented team. Hog the ball, keep the Seminole offence off the field as much as possible. And stop them when they did have the ball.

They were able to get Seminole to punt 4 times. Ate a lot of clock when they had the ball; scored an opportunistic punt return when the ball hit a Seminole player and ricocheted into an Apopka player; and found a way to move the ball effectively twice in the fourth quarter against a gassed Seminole offense. 

I gave Apopka about a 20% chance of winning this game. I am not going to lie. But I am very pleased and proud of this victory regardless of what the playoffs have in store.  

Just watched this game on VSN well the 4th qtr and it was a great ending. 

1 minute ago, KeemD321 said:

Just watched this game on VSN well the 4th qtr and it was a great ending. 

For whatever reason, Apopka seems to always find a way to elevate its game against Seminole. If they could repeat this for the playoffs, they would have a chance of going more than three rounds deep. But I am not going to hold my breath, just hope and pray, LOL. 

Just now, DarterBlue2 said:

For whatever reason, Apopka seems to always find a way to elevate its game against Seminole. If they could repeat this for the playoffs, they would have a chance of going more than three rounds deep. But I am not going to hold my breath, just hope and pray, LOL. 

You never know anything is possible. Take care of business against Wekiva Friday. I see y'all going to atleast regional finals or further. Had big time runs in the 4th

27 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Congrats on the win Darter as your defense was able to limit the Seminole offense to 23 points which if you haven't seen the Seminole offense that is quite a feat.  Our defense was able to do that also, we just need to learn as your team has over the years how to seal the deal in those type games.  You hit the field goal with the game on the line, while we missed an assignment leading to the blocked PAT that cost us that game.   Good luck to a class program throughout the playoffs. 

4 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

Congrats on the win Darter as your defense was able to limit the Seminole offense to 23 points which if you haven't seen the Seminole offense that is quite a feat.  Our defense was able to do that also, we just need to learn as your team has over the years how to seal the deal in those type games.  You hit the field goal with the game on the line, while we missed an assignment leading to the blocked PAT that cost us that game.   Good luck to a class program throughout the playoffs. 

Thank you for the kind words. I think you are being a little hard on the Kowboys. I do believe that you have a good shot at making the state championship game and, perhaps, getting that elusive title twenty four years after the 1998 team that had the great Willie Green and Mascoe's dad on it. 

5 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Thank you for the kind words. I think you are being a little hard on the Kowboys. I do believe that you have a good shot at making the state championship game and, perhaps, getting that elusive title twenty four years after the 1998 team that had the great Willie Green and Mascoe's dad on it. 

No , I support them 100% it's just a bit of tough love and being a realist.  I agree with you that we have as good a shot as anyone at the title this year with our personnel and coaching staff just need to finish now.  Eliminate stupid mistakes, stupid penalties, unforced turnovers things that we sometimes do to ourselves so hope this season schedule has taught us that.  We can play with anyone, just don't beat yourself.  Will have a nice tune-up match before the playoffs start with a resurgent West Orange team that has gotten their starting QB back from injury and looked in full command against Ocoee tonight.  

4 minutes ago, Perspective said:

Was this game played last night?   Why was it played on a Tuesday night?  Did both teams play this past Friday night?  Do both teams play this coming Friday night?   

Yes the game was played Tuesday night because it was a Hurricane Ian makeup game and yes both teams will play 3 games in 8 days (like most teams in Central Florida have at least once over the past month).

6 hours ago, d0d0joe said:

Yes the game was played Tuesday night because it was a Hurricane Ian makeup game and yes both teams will play 3 games in 8 days (like most teams in Central Florida have at least once over the past month).

Seminole has a bye this Friday. Apopka has their regular season finale Friday against Wekiva

8 hours ago, Perspective said:

Was this game played last night?   Why was it played on a Tuesday night?  Did both teams play this past Friday night?  Do both teams play this coming Friday night?   

It was played on Tuesday night. Originally, the game was scheduled for the week Ian hit Florida. Tuesday was the only date both teams could accommodate. 

Seminole played last Friday and Apopka played last Thursday (Friday was a teacher planning day and the kids in Orange County were off).

Seminole has now completed its schedule at 8-2. Apopka plays its last regular season game this Friday against rival, Wekiva for the Mayor's Trophy.

With the win, Apopka as district champ is guaranteed a playoff berth. Seminole based on ranking should easily make it, too. So, there is the possibility of a rematch.