Is Treasure Coast a playoff team?

Jimmyb80

4 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

I didn’t read through all the responses but absolutely they are a playoff team. 

There will be about 100 teams WORSE than them in this watered down ass playoffs this year 

No different than any other year 

Switch to metro/suburban didn't suddenly mean bad teams from both didn't find a way to make it 

1 hour ago, Perspective said:

Here's where I think that argument loses steam:   why stop at the district/regional level?  What if Region 1 has a couple of teams that are good, but finish 9 and 10 in their region and thus do not make the playoffs.  But, those two "left out teams" have a better power rankings than the last two teams that make it into the playoffs in Region 2.  Shouldn't the Region 1 'left out teams' make the playoffs over the last two teams in Region 2?   If the answer to this question is "no," then why is the answer different when it comes to Districts and Regions?  

To paraphrase, "if the teams in one region are among the best 32 in the state, why shouldn't they go?"

(And, yes, I know "travel" is a factor, but what team do you know of that wouldn't gladly travel to play a playoff game as opposed to not playing at all?)

Well this idea of best 32 has been brought up a few times 

However it never gets past the advisory board because of the complaints of statewide travel in round 1 and the FHSAA not willing to provide travel stipends to offset it 

But it is the idea that if you don't actually get the best 8 in each region how can you expect the playoffs to be competitive but best 8 is obviously subjective based on what criteria you use 

1 hour ago, Jimmyb80 said:

That’s my logic! A team that did not win ONE non conference game is talked about like a shoe-in state playoff team that some people credit as “established top area team” yes I’m looking at you Columbia! Who have they beaten? I’ll wait….Martin county who at 7-2 has played a horrible schedule? I mean yes they beat Vero after Veros QB goes down…but 3-6 and we act like they a shoe-in playoff team with ZERO quality wins! So what quality LOSSES a thing now?

Again the issue at play here is the same at the college level and how people would use to try and say a 2 or 3 loss team from the SEC should be ranked over undefeated group of 5 teams 

If your supposed to get the BEST 8 teams that doesn't mean best 8 RECORDS 

It's funny how I see people apply this logic one way at high school level and the opposite at college level but if it's the BEST 8 then shouldn't they make it if you can't actually justify that there are 8 teams in that region who would beat them head to head (again same logic the CFP uses)

2 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

It's possible at the NFL level to send all 4 teams in the division to the playoffs 

If 4 teams in one district are among the best 8 in the region why shouldn't they go?

It's a fair argument and if you trust the power rankings then it's not wrong but I dont like it because it is far less interesting than if the teams were spread out more geographically.  Plus, I like a system where you are rewarded with a winning season versus getting passed over for a 3-6 team, albeit arguably one of the strongest 3-6 team in the state.  There's certainly an argument for your perspective so mine is more personal preference where three teams from one district is enough and if you cant finish above fourth in your district (power ranking wise) then you dont deserve it over a second place team in another district.

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

The faulty logic your trying to use here has one major inconsistently

When would FAU regardless of schedule be SIGNIFICANTLY better than teams who are making playoffs in the same division (classification) as them 

The argument for Treasure Coast is record or not I have a hard time believing there are 8 teams in that region who would actually beat them head to head 

Well let's put them in an 8-team district and find out head-to-head.  End the speculation that you have 82% confidence that the computers picked the right teams.

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

The faulty logic your trying to use here has one major inconsistently

When would FAU regardless of schedule be SIGNIFICANTLY better than teams who are making playoffs in the same division (classification) as them 

The argument for Treasure Coast is record or not I have a hard time believing there are 8 teams in that region who would actually beat them head to head 

Everybody on this board understand your strength of schedule argument. But TC is an extreme example. A team that massively overreached. They just lost their last game by six touchdowns.  They lost every significant game and then are supposed to be rewarded with a playoff berth?

I’m not against tough schedules but teams need to mix their schedule so they can learn how to win and learn what it’s like to play against equally tough or superior opponents. But right now they are Ofer when it counts and imho they should not make the playoffs. But they probably will under this dumb ass system so what does it matter…

14 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

If we had 5 classes total based on enrollment we wouldn’t be having any discussion if the playoffs had teams that didn’t deserve to be in

There were crappy teams making it before and if you do nothing to account for PUBLIC SCHOOLS WHO RECRUIT then you will still get massive blowouts at states 

36 minutes ago, Dr. D said:

Well let's put them in an 8-team district and find out head-to-head.  End the speculation that you have 82% confidence that the computers picked the right teams.

Considering calpreps uses SOS they would have Treasure Coast in the top 8 of that region like MaxPreps which has a similar formula

Though I think the FHSAA formula SIGNIFICANTLY devalued SOS to help reward the cowards who go 8-2,9-1,10-0 with NEGATIVE SOS then want to act like they would beat state powerhouses

20 minutes ago, 181pl said:

Everybody on this board understand your strength of schedule argument. But TC is an extreme example. A team that massively overreached. They just lost their last game by six touchdowns.  They lost every significant game and then are supposed to be rewarded with a playoff berth?

I’m not against tough schedules but teams need to mix their schedule so they can learn how to win and learn what it’s like to play against equally tough or superior opponents. But right now they are Ofer when it counts and imho they should not make the playoffs. But they probably will under this dumb ass system so what does it matter…

Can you name 8 teams in the region that would win any of the games that they lost? Or had a winning record with that schedule?

Again who's to say Treasure Coast didn't try to get some easier teams on the schedule only for teams to refuse? Why do you only attack Treasure Coast being forced to schedule too tough but never call out teams in their own area who won't play them despite being 8-2 or 9-1?

@ColumbiaHighFan2017class (and anyone else who cares.  I need your honest opinion for a project I am working on.  Since you have stated your dislike for the Power Ranking system, which of these two would you prefer:

1) keep current system and use RPI (at whatever percentages you like) in place of FHSAA Power Rankings; or

2) larger districts with cross-bracketing in playoffs (64 teams in 3S as an example below. 2133070638_3Sdistricts1-4.thumb.jpg.18b757412f8c65ddb2a8e947edc3d8e3.jpg 

1 minute ago, Dr. D said:

@ColumbiaHighFan2017class (and anyone else who cares.  I need your honest opinion for a project I am working on.  Since you have stated your dislike for the Power Ranking system, which of these two would you prefer:

1) keep current system and use RPI (at whatever percentages you like) in place of FHSAA Power Rankings; or

2) larger districts with cross-bracketing in playoffs (64 teams in 3S as an example below. 2133070638_3Sdistricts1-4.thumb.jpg.18b757412f8c65ddb2a8e947edc3d8e3.jpg 

Honestly what I wouldn't mind seeing is maybe finding a way to merge the metro classes into 3 metro classes with larger districts and maybe even have 3 districts per region and merge 1R into suburban and turn those 5 classes into 3 suburban classes that can do the same 

It would give us 3 metro classes and 3 rural/suburban classes and we could still use RPI for seeding and have top 2 in each district advance (6 teams between 3 districts in each region and then RPI can decide 2 wild cards for the region overall)

17 hours ago, 181pl said:

You do understand there last game was against a top 10 nationally ranked team, so if they lost by 6 tds, what would have happen to a team lets say like Plant? 

They went 3-1 in there district and actually challenged themselves, as stated TC is extreme example but yes they should be rewarded a playoff berth they are one of the best teams in that region.

Your just looking specifically at Records, they are thrown out the window in the playoffs doesnt matter if you were 9-1 or 3-6, best teams should be in the playoffs competeting with this already watered down playoff format.

1 hour ago, ohs vargas said:

You do understand there last game was against a top 10 nationally ranked team, so if they lost by 6 tds, what would have happen to a team lets say like Plant? 

They went 3-1 in there district and actually challenged themselves, as stated TC is extreme example but yes they should be rewarded a playoff berth they are one of the best teams in that region.

Your just looking specifically at Records, they are thrown out the window in the playoffs doesnt matter if you were 9-1 or 3-6, best teams should be in the playoffs competeting with this already watered down playoff format.

Chaminade against plant? Probably Chaminade by 60

21 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Can you name 8 teams in the region that would win any of the games that they lost? Or had a winning record with that schedule?

Again who's to say Treasure Coast didn't try to get some easier teams on the schedule only for teams to refuse? Why do you only attack Treasure Coast being forced to schedule too tough but never call out teams in their own area who won't play them despite being 8-2 or 9-1?

Playing tougher teams obviously didn’t matter to them. They got blown out by 40 points in their last game.

49 minutes ago, 181pl said:

And I’ll never have the same level of respect for a team where almost every single player is recruited to play football, like IMG, CM, STA etc. I’d always pull for a Lakeland, Apopka, Plant, Manatee etc over and those teams. 

So plant has never been busted for ineligible players or Manatee? 

Lakeland didn't have nearly 20 transfers this off-season?

Your double standard of thinking only private schools recruit gets tiring

56 minutes ago, 181pl said:

And I’ll never have the same level of respect for a team where almost every single player is recruited to play football, like IMG, CM, STA etc. I’d always pull for a Lakeland, Apopka, Plant, Manatee etc over and those teams. 

In fact of the publics you listed only Apopka (to my knowledge) hasn't been busted for recruiting in the playoff era 

So what makes these public schools recruiting kids any better than the private schools you complain about nonstop?