Is Treasure Coast a playoff team?

Jimmyb80

41 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Vero Beach's defense is as tough as anyone else's in 4S. That alone will keep them in any game. I see them sneaking past Melbourne by a field goal next week in what will be a hell of a game. If Arunson can't come back soon, I can't see them getting past Osceola. Honestly, Osceola might be in the clear to win that region and meet Venice in round 4. We will see what happens. One game at a time.

I can’t see Aronson coming back by the week after next, he broke his thumb on 10/21 early in the Martin County game. Even if he’s out of the cast by then, a QB won’t be able to grip/throw a football like that. 

Vero’s 2nd string QB is EJ White, but he’s a freshman and probably not mature enough to fully run the offense completely. The 3rd string QB Jake Whitely has performed admirably but he just doesn’t have the physical size needed to compete at a high enough level to allow Vero to out score playoff teams.  The offensive line has to play better to give him a punchers chance at least. 

If Vero stands any chance of beating Melbourne next week, they are going to have to play much cleaner football than they did tonight. Penalties and mental errors have absolutely killed them. 

You have to give Harmony major props for coming into Vero and taking it to the Fighting Indians they way they did. They were there to win the game and we’re not just happy to be in the playoffs and it showed. Their coaching staff had a tremendous game plan and obviously did their homework on Vero to give themselves every opportunity they could to stay in the game. 

4 minutes ago, Drogo said:

I can’t see Aronson coming back by the week after next, he broke his thumb on 10/21 early in the Martin County game. Even if he’s out of the cast by then, a QB won’t be able to grip/throw a football like that. 

Vero’s 2nd string QB is EJ White, but he’s a freshman and probably not mature enough to fully run the offense completely. The 3rd string QB Jake Whitely has performed admirably but he just doesn’t have the physical size needed to compete at a high enough level to allow Vero to out score playoff teams.  The offensive line has to play better to give him a punchers chance at least. 

If Vero stands any chance of beating Melbourne next week, they are going to have to play much cleaner football than they did tonight. Penalties and mental errors have absolutely killed them. 

You have to give Harmony major props for coming into Vero and taking it to the Fighting Indians they way they did. They were there to win the game and we’re not just happy to be in the playoffs and it showed. Their coaching staff had a tremendous game plan and obviously did their homework on Vero to give themselves every opportunity they could to stay in the game. 

I give Harmony major props, as I was the sole, solitary person on this board who thought that Harmony would give Vero hell. They have to play better than what they are doing now. I know that EJ White hasn't been the best, but he is running your offense to the best of his ability so have to give him props there. Vero's defense will keep them in the ballgame against Melbourne. A win will only come if their offense cleans up the mental errors and starts to play better. Gun to my head, I'm taking Vero Beach to win over Melbourne by a field goal, but this game can definitely go either way. Best of luck to the Fighting Indians. 

28 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Osceola is a shoe-in. VB currently doesn't have the offense to keep up with the Kowboys, and I don't like TC over Osceola. In order to beat Osceola, you have to pass the ball well and that is not a major characteristic of TC's offense. Thanks for the correction as I did not realize Lakeland would face Venice in the semi's instead. I would favor Bartram Trail over Osceola only by a razor-thin margin, in a game that could undoubtedly go either way.

Well I thank you for your props to our team but I think TC will be a tough out for us the way we have played as of late and an extremely tough out for Vero again if they end up facing each other.   So no way I am writing them out of the equation. 

20 hours ago, Jimmyb80 said:

Have you guys not been listening….VERO is NOT a top 10 team in 4S without Arunson! Got lucky against Harmony but the lack of offense was exposed big time tonight! I’m still shocked they beat TC…

Their defense is still top 5 in 4A suburban. Top 5 defensive units in 4S:

1. Lakeland

2. Bartram Trail

3. Osceola

4. Venice

5. Vero Beach

Defense wins championships!

19 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

I give Harmony major props, as I was the sole, solitary person on this board who thought that Harmony would give Vero hell. They have to play better than what they are doing now. I know that EJ White hasn't been the best, but he is running your offense to the best of his ability so have to give him props there. Vero's defense will keep them in the ballgame against Melbourne. A win will only come if their offense cleans up the mental errors and starts to play better. Gun to my head, I'm taking Vero Beach to win over Melbourne by a field goal, but this game can definitely go either way. Best of luck to the Fighting Indians. 

They say the cast is coming off Aronson's hand this week,but there is no way he will be ready to face Melbourne or any  other team. QB 2 Whitely is the smallest man on the team and will have a hard time playing up to this caliber of play. He has made a valiant effort replacing Aronson but he just does not have the size or passing strength that Aronson has. QB3 EJ White is a refreshing change to Vero's offense who has not had a scrambling QB. But he is only a freshman with only a one game expierience. I think we will get by Melbourne based on our defense, but then we get to our problem area the REGIONAL FINALS, where sooner or later we will have to face Venice or Oceola. We have beaten both of them in the past but our offense is not ready right now.

Rumor is EJ was not cleared to play until Monday and with no practice we’d-fri due to hurricane he didn’t get a lot of reps but I expect him to start vs Melbourne! Arunson has rehab when cast comes off today so he will not be playing again this season….I agree I believe Vero, at home, can win this game it’s just looking like the road is coming to an end though pretty soon unless EJ can really learn the offense is less than 2 total weeks of practice

On 11/13/2022 at 5:07 PM, roygod said:

They say the cast is coming off Aronson's hand this week,but there is no way he will be ready to face Melbourne or any  other team. QB 2 Whitely is the smallest man on the team and will have a hard time playing up to this caliber of play. He has made a valiant effort replacing Aronson but he just does not have the size or passing strength that Aronson has. QB3 EJ White is a refreshing change to Vero's offense who has not had a scrambling QB. But he is only a freshman with only a one game expierience. I think we will get by Melbourne based on our defense, but then we get to our problem area the REGIONAL FINALS, where sooner or later we will have to face Venice or Oceola. We have beaten both of them in the past but our offense is not ready right now.

If you beat Melbourne, you will face either Osceola or Treasure Coast in the Regional Finals.  You won't see Venice unless you survive that game.