Muck Bowl (Pahokee @ Glades Central)

561_Fan

1 hour ago, DarterBlue2 said:

I feel bad for Glades Central. They are a shadow of the program they used to be. 

Me too, because the game wasn’t close at all. Pahokee has been in that position before. Hopefully they can find the right staff to rebuild the program and they have to start playing their best players both ways, because the drop of from their best players to the others is to big to overcome 

14 minutes ago, 561_Fan said:

Me too, because the game wasn’t close at all. Pahokee has been in that position before. Hopefully they can find the right staff to rebuild the program and they have to start playing their best players both ways, because the drop of from their best players to the others is to big to overcome 

What changed tho ? The muck is still small & rural like it’s always been , so what happen to Gc after kalvin Johnson ? 

7 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

What changed tho ? The muck is still small & rural like it’s always been , so what happen to Gc after kalvin Johnson ? 

Don’t know what happened. There team got worse after they played you guys during the pandemic season (2 years ago). It’s like all of their talent just left and the staff isn’t sure what they have. They have the top, senior WR in Palm Beach County in Semaj Demps (committed to Perdue or Miss St) and they can’t get him the ball (kid gets 3/4 touches a game). Didn’t have a touch outside of kick/punt return tonight. They have a good running back and he’s the reason they moved the ball tonight,

They have a talent issue and the talent they do have, they aren’t utilizing and being put in positions to succeed 

7 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

The Muck has sugar farms and prisons for an economy. Heard years back that the jobs were drying up in the big sugar industry and that this would effect the economy down there. Fewer jobs, fewer peeps. 

Historical bad leadership in the city governments for not changing with society however while I was at the game, (I had to sit on GC side because PK Side was Packed, never get to a MUCK BOWL late!) I heard BG parents saying that they want their kids to go to Pahokee because of the education and atmosphere is better! I do understand because education is everything however after the game state road 715 was in chaos with kids fighting everywhere! 

51 minutes ago, BigBoyBall said:

561, I wonder with the schedule PK played, will that be enough to jump Hawthorne very weak schedule? 

The Dwyer loss will be the determining factor, that’s why that game hurt the most. I read somewhere that Hawthorne SOS was negative something.

55 minutes ago, BigBoyBall said:

Historical bad leadership in the city governments for not changing with society however while I was at the game, (I had to sit on GC side because PK Side was Packed, never get to a MUCK BOWL late!) I heard BG parents saying that they want their kids to go to Pahokee because of the education and atmosphere is better! I do understand because education is everything however after the game state road 715 was in chaos with kids fighting everywhere! 

The last governor (can’t think of his name) closed the state prison in Belle Glade and that eliminated a lot of job. The Sugar industry and Railroad employs a lot of people in the Glades. It’s the people with degrees from the area that don’t have many employment opportunities in the area. 

There are a lot of kids from Belle Glade that attends the IB Schools in Pahokee (Elementary, Middle/High) and Pahokee high has the highest graduation rate in Palm Beach County. The organization of the Belle Glade football program has hurt them, parents now send their kids to play for the Pahokee Pop Warner football teams (they are 1 win away from their Super Bowl). The Demps kid I posted earlier attended Pahokee before his JR and SR years.

• 2 weeks later...

WOW! 561 I didn't know the school was trully being a school although I had family attend the IB program!! Top notch graduation rate!! I see why BG parents want there kids to go to Pahokee! Good Academics and Good Football is one hell of a self promoting selling point which is not usually the case in PBC. You might have good academics but bad football or vice versa but graduating up there with the likes of Suncoast and Jupiter and have a good football team DAMN PK! GO BLUUUUUUUUE DEVVVVVVVVVILS!!!!!!

10 hours ago, BigBoyBall said:

WOW! 561 I didn't know the school was trully being a school although I had family attend the IB program!! Top notch graduation rate!! I see why BG parents want there kids to go to Pahokee! Good Academics and Good Football is one hell of a self promoting selling point which is not usually the case in PBC. You might have good academics but bad football or vice versa but graduating up there with the likes of Suncoast and Jupiter and have a good football team DAMN PK! GO BLUUUUUUUUE DEVVVVVVVVVILS!!!!!!

The current principal/administration has done a great job of improving the academic standing at the schools. They have one of the top robotics programs, they’re pushing more dual-enrollment (several kids have graduated high school as college juniors). The organization of the Pahokee program is better then Glades Central at this time 

Hats off to the Principal and his administration because I know hometown is not a easy job especially with the economic situations in the area. I am in O-town, we do not have schools (low economic) doing that and with a Hella football team! I am still astonished with Grad rate WOW!!!! Now, GO BLUE DEVILS Lets get back at Hawthorne!!!!! I know one game at a time but I saw Hawthorne struggle with Orlando Prep in the rain and their o-line and QB are not Cyclopes size this year! I hope we can pull it out and get that bee off our backs!!!! GO BLUE DEVILS!!!