KOWBOYS SURVIVE ROUGH WEEK

Ray Icaza

After watching the Kowboys struggle last night to a 28-26 win over a solid West Orange (FHSAA #1 seed in 4M-D5) at home I was hesitant to comment much on the game.  Attending a couple of practices (if you could call them that) this week it became clear we were down a ton of players with the Flu; mostly OL but also other key contributors.  That and injuries also impacted the top 3 RB's on our depth chart so we ended up leaning heavily on a Freshman RB named Jeffrey Sinophant who acquitted himsel admirably gaining over 100 yards.  The game wasn't pretty and the half-time score was 2-0 on a punting miscue with the ball being snapped out of the end zone.  In the 3rd qtr. we finally got the running game going and after 4 consecutive dropped passes (wide open receivers) in the first half we finally hit a chunk pass play for a TD and built a 22-0 lead.  Late in the 3rd and start of the 4th qtr.  West Orange hit quick TD's in consecutive possessions to make it a game.  Each time they lined up with trips to the wide side of the field and we tried to cover those 3 receivers with 2 defenders obviously leaving one uncovered which led to 50, 70 and 80 yard scores on single plays.  My son and I were sitting there wondering, are we wanting to lose this game?   They finally took the lead of 26-25 with 2 minutes left in the 4th qtr.  Our back up QB (Gunner Holland) who played almost the entire second half engineered from our 20 a game winning drive down to the 15 yard line setting up a game winning 32 yard field goal with the clock running out during that last play.  Offensively, they could not run the ball or even hardly move it thru the air bar those 3 plays I described earlier.  Hats off to the fight and effort despite all the adversity with missing key players as all teams this time of year have to deal with.   GO KOWBOYS!!

On 11/5/2022 at 5:49 PM, PinellasFB said:

Flu is ravaging many teams right now.  Going around.

In full agreement with this assessment and how it will undoubtedly affect the success or stumbles of some teams going forward.   Hope it is behind us now and won't be an issue for the remainder of the playoffs.  Will have a much better idea after watching us perform tonight. 

16 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

In full agreement with this assessment and how it will undoubtedly affect the success or stumbles of some teams going forward.   Hope it is behind us now and won't be an issue for the remainder of the playoffs.  Will have a much better idea after watching us perform tonight. 

Ill be there tonight!

22 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

My son and I will be also.   Near the 50 yard line two-thirds of the way up the home bleachers wearing Kowboy jersey with #55 on it if you want to stop by and say hi.   Hope the rains are done for the evening.  

Happy Coach Beek took me up on my offer and both he and his son joined us for the game last night.  Thanks Coach for the company and sharing some insights on your Poinciana team.   Not one of our better outings but a win nonetheless and some crazy officiating throughout especially for a playoff game.  Please JamBun, don't ask for details. 

On 11/12/2022 at 2:33 PM, Ray Icaza said:

Happy Coach Beek took me up on my offer and both he and his son joined us for the game last night.  Thanks Coach for the company and sharing some insights on your Poinciana team.   Not one of our better outings but a win nonetheless and some crazy officiating throughout especially for a playoff game.  Please JamBun, don't ask for details. 

Why not? Are you scared of my questions? 

3 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

Quaking in my Kowboy boots.:D

When you, or anyone, bashes, critiques, or criticizes the officials or officiating of a High School Football Game on this message board, I am going to expect and demand answers to my questions, and that is how it is going to be. Do you understand, and have I made myself clear? 

33 minutes ago, Jambun82 said:

When you, or anyone, bashes, critiques, or criticizes the officials or officiating of a High School Football Game on this message board, I am going to expect and demand answers to my questions, and that is how it is going to be. Do you understand, and have I made myself clear? 

ZZZZZZZZZZZZ'ss!!

Regional final 2022 Vero Beach vs Osceola

Should be a great game. The Kowboys and Indians both beat Treasure Coast by a score of 10-7, The last time Vero played Osceola in 2020 Vero won 34-7.Vero will have the home field advantage next Friday. Vero's only problem is we don't have a starting quarterback,but we haven't had one for the last 5 games.

8 minutes ago, roygod said:

Regional final 2022 Vero Beach vs Osceola

Should be a great game. The Kowboys and Indians both beat Treasure Coast by a score of 10-7, The last time Vero played Osceola in 2020 Vero won 34-7.Vero will have the home field advantage next Friday. Vero's only problem is we don't have a starting quarterback,but we haven't had one for the last 5 games.

Always blessed to get a win when we don't play our best.  I was surprised by the outcome in 2020 in that regular season game where our QB was all banged up and wish Vero was "WILLING" to reciprocate and travel to our place like we did to theirs.  Far back as I can remember the previous game was a playoff game in 2015 where we handled a very good Vero team that was expected to win.  Look forward to next Friday. 

9 hours ago, KeemD321 said:

Another hard fought and great win by the Kowboys. Congrats on another one. Could be an epic run.

Our region hasn't fed us any cupcakes and that's okay.  Just have to keep taking it one game at a time cause against good competition anything is possible on a Friday night.  Central did have a dogfight, though no one saw it coming IMG defeated SFA, I think I saw where Pine Forest lost, Plant game was a lopsided loss, West Orange got beat by a team they defeated easily just a couple weeks prior and the list goes on. 

1 hour ago, Ray Icaza said:

Our region hasn't fed us any cupcakes and that's okay.  Just have to keep taking it one game at a time cause against good competition anything is possible on a Friday night.  Central did have a dogfight, though no one saw it coming IMG defeated SFA, I think I saw where Pine Forest lost, Plant game was a lopsided loss, West Orange got beat by a team they defeated easily just a couple weeks prior and the list goes on. 

Yea these playoffs have been surprisingly alot better than I originally thought they would be at the beginning of the season. May be an outlier season but it looks like the FHSAA can say I told you so for now lol. I've been loving these games. Pine Forest lost. Edgewater pulled off the win. Been alot slugfest. 

Also with big win by IMG and Buford losing, Miami Central should be a few steps closer to getting that MNC as long as they win out, get a marquee matchup and win in the Geico Series and Mater Dei gets upset.

7 minutes ago, KeemD321 said:

Yea these playoffs have been surprisingly alot better than I originally thought they would be at the beginning of the season. May be an outlier season but it looks like the FHSAA can say I told you so for now lol. I've been loving these games. Pine Forest lost. Edgewater pulled off the win. Been alot slugfest. 

Treasure Coast is extremely big and physical in the trenches which is how they manage to grind out yards plus eat up the clock.  My hats off to them as a truly deserving "Playoff" team.  In my humble opinion they would demolish two-thirds of the playoff participants regardless of class so let's stop taking pot shots at them.  

Vero Beach vs Osceola will be a low-scoring slugfest. Osceola has 3 senior defensive linemen, including John Walker, possibly the #1 defensive tackle in the nation. Vero is going to be extremely hard pressed to move the ball without Aronson back yet. But on the other side, Vero Beach held Melbourne to only 7 in a game many felt would be a shootout. I'm very interested to see what happens in that game. I think Vero Beach puts up a great fight, but Osceola takes the victory in the end. We will see what happens

21 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Vero Beach vs Osceola will be a low-scoring slugfest. Osceola has 3 senior defensive linemen, including John Walker, possibly the #1 defensive tackle in the nation. Vero is going to be extremely hard pressed to move the ball without Aronson back yet. But on the other side, Vero Beach held Melbourne to only 7 in a game many felt would be a shootout. I'm very interested to see what happens in that game. I think Vero Beach puts up a great fight, but Osceola takes the victory in the end. We will see what happens

I agree that it will be a defensive battle as both teams are extremely good on that side of the ball.  As usual the determining factor could be dropped balls, penalties and turnovers.  We will see what happens.