Madison vs Wakulla

FORTWHITEFAN76

Hey Tigerfan1, a kid I'm real excited about is #17 at LB, Keyshaun Green.  He's only a freshman.  It's very rare a freshman gets on the field at Wakulla.  In recent memory the few I can think of are Feleipe Franks(UF), Keith Gavin(FSU), Monterrious Loggins(UCF), Jim Tartt(UF), CJ Holton(Miami) and Nigel Bradham(FSU).  Keyshaun actually reminds me a lot of Nigel as a freshman.  I can only hope he turns out to be that good.  If Keyshaun stays healthy he will have a lot of big schools beating down his door.

I think it's going to be a very good game.  We beat Madison pretty bad last year.  It was 31 - 0 at the half and they used a running clock in the second half.  We had a pretty good team and last years Madison team was pretty average.  They did not compare to the Madison teams of old.  A few years ago when Madison was in a higher classification they could play with anyone.  I'm not sure how they've ended up in 1A.  They used to be in the district with us.  I guess they've had a huge drop in enrollment.

They certainly grabbed my attention when they beat Rickards.  I'm expecting a battle and wouldn't be surprised if Madison pulls out a victory.

Trajan,

Wakulla had a great team last year.  You lost two special players and I am sure a bunch more gooduns.  You guys smoked us last year no doubt and yes we were very average last year.  I have been following Madison a loooooong time and if I had to rank Madison's teams from top to bottom for the last twenty years last years team would be dead last.  No offense to the boys or anything.  They played hard and gave it their all but we just were not very good.  I am sure you could see the drop off.  Not sure what to make of this years team yet.  How are you guys looking?

Trajan,

Wakulla had a great team last year.  You lost two special players and I am sure a bunch more gooduns.  You guys smoked us last year no doubt and yes we were very average last year.  I have been following Madison a loooooong time and if I had to rank Madison's teams from top to bottom for the last twenty years last years team would be dead last.  No offense to the boys or anything.  They played hard and gave it their all but we just were not very good.  I am sure you could see the drop off.  Not sure what to make of this years team yet.  How are you guys looking?

welcome to the board, i assume your a Madision rep?

Hey M&S, how's it going?  I used to talk with you over on the other board.  Good to see you over here.  Yeah, I was shocked when I watched Madison last year.  There was no comparison to the Madison teams I was used to watching...

So far our defense has looked good but the offense is struggling.  I'm hoping it improves as the year goes on...

Madison caught my attention when they beat Rickards.  I've seen Rickards and I know how talented they are...very impressive win.  Do you think Madison is close to being back? 

Yep Columbiafan, Madison fan here.

Trajan,  we looked pretty good with Suwannee but I think they are down from what I can tell.  Rickards is supposed to be pretty good so that is promising that we got by them the way we did.  Are we close to the old Madison squads?  I don't think so really.  We are better than last year I think.  The difference is on defense.  In the old days we could always rely on the defense keeping us in the game with ANYBODY no matter what we did on offense.  At least the vast majority of teams anyway.  Don't get me wrong we got our feelings hurt a few times along the way but we could just about always count on the defense.  We are solid now, just not quite there.

Wow, they beat two average 5-6A teams and they are getting booted from 1A. MadCo has always fought through tough games. They win a lot but they've lost their share also. I hope they do win 1A. Those athletes practice hard and have come close. It's their's to lose. I don't see them being ready for 4A yet, even if they do win 1A. Maybe 3A would be a good move for them. It would give TCA something to think about.

Just glad I picked Madison in the pick em's.

Wow, they beat to average 5-6A teams and they are getting booted from 1A. MadCo has always fought through tough games. They win a lot but they've lost their share also. I hope they do win 1A. Those athletes practice hard and have come close. It's their's to lose. I don't see them being ready for 4A yet, even if they do win 1A. Maybe 3A would be a good move for them. It would give TCA something to think about.

Them and fort white were 4a but moved down

Them and fort white were 4a but moved down

Oh I know who Madison is, we played them for the regionals before and won a squeaker, and then went on to play Glades Central to a 1 point win. 4A is beast for a small classification. Bolles, Raines and Dunnellon from the north, and Booker T, Cocoa and Glades Central from the south. I wish they had a playoff of the top 4. I would be fun to watch.

Wow, they beat to average 5-6A teams and they are getting booted from 1A. MadCo has always fought through tough games. They win a lot but they've lost their share also. I hope they do win 1A. Those athletes practice hard and have come close. It's their's to lose. I don't see them being ready for 4A yet, even if they do win 1A. Maybe 3A would be a good move for them. It would give TCA something to think about.

Just glad I picked Madison in the pick em's.

Them getting booted from 1A  has nothing to do with them beating 5A teams.

Many of the current teams in 1A used to play in 3A. And, most were competitive in that division. Newberry, Union County, Pahokee, Fort Meade. Blountstown, Frostproof, Williston, Chiefland, Baldwin, etc. Newberry, Union County, and Pahokee all won titles in this division. Then it was called 2A and 2B. But a few years ago they reclassified as 3A with the same teams. Most of these teams also played higher classification teams on a regular basis and did very well.