Madison vs Wakulla

FORTWHITEFAN76

Them getting booted from 1A  has nothing to do with them beating 5A teams.

OK, is Madison suddenly growing in enrollment? There are 600 students enrolled, so they are not a 4A size school. At best they are 3A and that's stretching it. I believe they moved to a classification that needed more schools in their districts.

Cat, I believe the rub is how they have suddenly gotten to a number to be in 1A. No doubt they have lost enrollment numbers but they are still working with an additional 125-150 students from the small charter school in Madison. Now they will say only a few of those kids play but they still get to choose from that extra 25% of kids. Makes a big difference at the smaller level. All it takes is 2-3 studs and you can go from pretty good to elite at 1A.

Cat, I believe the rub is how they have suddenly gotten to a number to be in 1A. No doubt they have lost enrollment numbers but they are still working with an additional 125-150 students from the small charter school in Madison. Now they will say only a few of those kids play but they still get to choose from that extra 25% of kids. Makes a big difference at the smaller level. All it takes is 2-3 studs and you can go from pretty good to elite at 1A.

Yeah but they got more then 2 or 3 bc they can regularly contend and beat teams in high classes who have more depth

Question is would 1a be too easy for them?

Come on Captain, don't go there.  I would think of all people a Trenton fan wouldn't go there especially with all of the mud that got slung at you guys last year.  Yes we have lost numbers for a bunch of reasons.  Plain and simple Madison's public school system is struggling and has been for I cant tell you how many years.  Just look at the grades for public schools for the proof.  We are a very small, very poor county.  There are no jobs to speak of.  The people that could leave have left.  Add in the failing school and you get why the charter school was created.  I will say this, the kids going to the charter school are not football players.  There may be a couple that put on a uniform but you will probably see them walking the sidelines.  I am trying to skirt this whole issue and be politically correct if you catch my drift.  The idea that Madison is hiding Deon Sanders and Emmett Smith at the charter school is just false.  Also while we are at it, I really don't look for Madison to move up in classification when they recount.  If anything our numbers will be smaller because by now the charter school is in full effect with an allotment of 25 kids per grade totaling 100.  Nothing has changed to increase our number.  So unless the FHSAA re-jumbles the classes with new cutoff limits we are probably staying down just from what little bit I know about it.  I am not trying to start an argument here but it just seemed like everyone was piling on.

What did I say that wasn't true MS? I didn't say Madison manipulated their count the way Union does or the way Ft Whites' numbers miraculously shrunk below 600 when questioned. I just said that many people say that Madisons' numbers are well above 600 given the kids they get to choose from. You can't say well the 100 kids that go to the Charter school aren't athletes won't help us so we shouldn't count them. That's essentially what you are saying and the FHSAA is allowing. I'm not crying and don't care either way but please correct me if anything I have said is false. I have picked Madison to win it all before a pad was even put on this year so I know what the deal is. Most of it is sour grapes because even without those kids people can't compete with Madison but the fact they get a perceived advantage rubs folks the wrong way.

The thing I disagree with is that Madison possibly getting 2-3 studs from the charter schools kids.  These are the smart kids.  Not athletes.  Now please nobody jump on me for that.  I know there are plenty smart athletes.  Also this perceived advantage is a little overblown.  We play by the same rules and regulations that all schools play with.  We happen to have a charter school that plays no sports.

This is not the first charter school in Florida.  There is a whole bunch of them you know.  Madison didn't invent the wheel with this whole charter school thing.  If you used your argument there is a whole bunch of schools that would be in different classifications.

You just refuse to answer the question don't you. How about this so you don't feel singled out. There are alot of charter schools all over the state of Florida. But for just this specific topic we are talking about the one in Madison Co. So here's the question, just looking for a yes or no answer. If you added the number of kids that attend the Charter school to the number of kids to Madison high school is the number above 600??? I will wait for the answer.

You just refuse to answer the question don't you. How about this so you don't feel singled out. There are alot of charter schools all over the state of Florida. But for just this specific topic we are talking about the one in Madison Co. So here's the question, just looking for a yes or no answer. If you added the number of kids that attend the Charter school to the number of kids to Madison high school is the number above 600??? I will wait for the answer.

I think every county has some form of a charter school but a lot of those don't have athletic teams, there are some that are academic only

Ik for sure fort white was over the limit and I think union county too but wasent Madison over the limit on original count?

Also they do allow you to move up or down if it within like 100 of it if it for travel purposes, Columbia was over the 7a limit by about 50 last year and we actually petitioned to stay in 6a but got deniyed, probley a blessing in long run

I can do simple math.  593 + 100 = 693 so yes we would be over.  But again we are playing by the same rules that everyone else is.  I just feel like I am having to unjustly defend my team for what?  Playing by the rules?  What do you expect us to do?  On top of that this grief is coming from a Trenton fan?  Are you kidding me?  LOL

I asked one simple question, I have no idea why you feel the need to defend anything. I have stated over and over that Madison isn't doing anything wrong. I only said that many people feel that Madison has a advantage with the whole Charter school deal. Now as for Trenton they were investigated by the FHSAA and nothing came of it. If you really wanted to talk about something you could mention Madisons'QB playing most of last year while being enrolled at Hamilton Co. Yeah, folks know about that and how the punishment was just sit him out against Hamilton and lets fix the paperwork moving forward. When really they should have forfeited every game he played in. It is what it is ain't no big deal either way!

Come on Captain!  Have you guys got that big of an axe to grind with us?  You guy won last year fair and square.  You were the better team no doubt about it.  I actually thought it was a good fun game.  The kind that good rivalries start from.  Why do you feel the need to bring up every piece of dirt you can think of?  For the record all of that mud slinging last year was not Madison people.  As far as I know I am the only Madison fan that was on the boards last year and I said nothing.  Go look at the other board if you need too.  It is probably all still there unless it fell off the last page.  What did Madison do for you to use every ace in the hole argument you could have on us.  We are not the big bad wolf.

Tell you what MS, quote me on anything where I was flaming Madison. I have been very complimentary of the team, program, coaches, everything. Have no problem with you guys whatsoever. CatScratch posed a question about Madison being 1A. I addressed the question explaining how they have arrived in 1A. You agreed finally what I said was correct. Your first comment was to address the Trenton mud slinging from last year. And you reiterated the "all this coming from a Trenton fan" over and over. So I simply brought up a absolute fact about you guys, not a rumor or story I heard. If facts are a bad thing then I am a bad guy because that's what I deal in. Let me agian reiterate, Madison is the best team in 1A, if they don't win the title it is a big upset. They also have a LEGAL built in advantage with the Charter school deal. Look Pahokee does the same thing except they send kids who are ineligible to their Charter school then BAM they somehow get eligible and can play. Everyone wants to win, I don't fault Madison or Pahokee, I fault the FHSAA for allowing everything to spiral into where we are today. If they would have policed the private schools 20 years ago and stopped the recruiting it would have never got to this point. But here we are. I'm done with it, good luck to you guys moving forward and hope we can see you guys in the playoffs.