FINAL DILLARD 14 ELY 19.

THIS_IS_DILLARD

Everyone is broward county is calling this game “UNFINISHED BUSINESS” part 2. 

when these two teams met just two weeks ago it was ALOT OF Hype, ALOT of tension & bad blood which showed in the game. A lot of Flags & a lot of trash talk. 

the first half saw a neck & neck battle between two teams who desperately wanted to knock each other off by any means. At halftime it was a (9-7) score with the ely tigers up by 2. 

As The players & over 7,000 fans inside and outside of Otis gray memorial stadium geared up for an exciting finish, all hell broke lose one the away side and home side was children was trampled over, riots broke out in the parking lot & the game was ended by officials and called a “NO CONTEST” , both teams kept their same record as before the game started. 

Now THIS WEEK! ; 2 weeks ago was just for soul bowl bragging rights & for ely keeping their undefeated streak alive. 

this week is for the right to save your season & move another step closer to the ultimate goal which is a state championship. This will be the first time these hated rivals have met in the playoffs since the 70s. 

The loser of this game would not only see their season come to a end , but it will be by the hands of their most hated rival. 

Will Ely Shock Dillard & Send the panthers home in a season they were destined for a deep playoff run? , or Will The DILLARD panthers crush elys undefeated season at 9 & beat the tigers for the 6th Year in a Row. ?? …..TO BE CONTINUED. @VeniceIndiansFootball @ColumbiaHighFan2017class @DarterBlue2 @Jullian @cribboy305

• THIS_IS_DILLARD changed the title to 2nd Round Most hated Rivals (9-0) Ely @ (7-3) Dillard Saturday 5:00pm
22 minutes ago, Perspective said:

I'll save my prediction for later . . . but it most likely will involve power outages and earthquakes this time.  :P

Omg lol hahahaha lol. Hopefully the only earthquake we have is our fans going crazy each time we get into the end zone & the only power outage is putting the lights out on elys season once & for all. 

5 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Everyone is broward county is calling this game “UNFINISHED BUSINESS” part 2. 

when these two teams met just two weeks ago it was ALOT OF Hype, ALOT of tension & bad blood which showed in the game. A lot of Flags & a lot of trash talk. 

the first half saw a neck & neck battle between two teams who desperately wanted to knock each other off by any means. At halftime it was a (9-7) score with the ely tigers up by 2. 

As The players & over 7,000 fans inside and outside of Otis gray memorial stadium geared up for an exciting finish, all hell broke lose one the away side and home side was children was trampled over, riots broke out in the parking lot & the game was ended by officials and called a “NO CONTEST” , both teams kept their same record as before the game started. 

Now THIS WEEK! ; 2 weeks ago was just for soul bowl bragging rights & for ely keeping their undefeated streak alive. 

this week is for the right to save your season & move another step closer to the ultimate goal which is a state championship. This will be the first time these hated rivals have met in the playoffs since the 70s. 

The loser of this game would not only see their season come to a end , but it will be by the hands of their most hated rival. 

Will Ely Shock Dillard & Send the panthers home in a season they were destined for a deep playoff run? , or Will The DILLARD panthers crush elys undefeated season at 9 & beat the tigers for the 6th Year in a Row. ?? …..TO BE CONTINUED. @VeniceIndiansFootball @ColumbiaHighFan2017class @DarterBlue2 @Jullian @cribboy305

Dillard by a touchdown in the game of the year. I bet there will be tons of penalties just because of the high-stakes nature of the game, and the fact that this rivalry is deeper than blood. There better be a lot of police at this game...

36 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Dillard by a touchdown in the game of the year. I bet there will be tons of penalties just because of the high-stakes nature of the game, and the fact that this rivalry is deeper than blood. There better be a lot of police at this game...

It will be lol. 

4 minutes ago, Dr. D said:

Darn, was hoping for some more Don McLean lyrics woven into your prediction.

LOL!   Well, some Carole King lyrics did pop into my mind when I typed out "earthquake" earlier.   :P

I'll have to see if something inspires me again, but happy to know at least someone caught the American Pie reference. 

9 minutes ago, muckboy561 said:

No games updates lol

Incredible performance by Blanche Ely tonight to knock off Dillard. Second straight year that Dillard has overlooked their second-round opponent in anticipation of a rematch with STA, and it bit them once again! Dillard should have blown Blanche Ely away and had their rematch with STA. But instead, Ely has now earned the right to try to become the first team since Miami Edison in 2003 to KO Aquinas in a home playoff game. Hats off to the Tigers on a stellar defensive performance!

First and foremost congrats to ely on the win tonight this is one of their better defenses they’ve had in a very long time, add the few defensive pieces they got from Deerfield and the new DC they added they’re most def the truth. Great game tigers. 

as for Dillard, THE ENTIRE OFFENSIVE COACHING STAFF need to go along with the the head coach. They run the most childish basic predictable offense I ever seen. 

As for the head coach , you bench the starting quarterback 5 games ago because of his countless mistakes ; you then put in the sophomore quarterback whose showed waaay more promise win you your last 4 games & then soul bowl come around and you bend him for the SR qb!?!!!! And your reasons are “THIS IS HIS LAST SOUL BOWL he’s a SR” I wouldn’t give a got dam are you trying to win games or popularity contest ?!??

not only that but you keep the sophomore on the bench for the first round & second round of the playoffs as our offense continues to look inept as hell as it has in EVERY BiG game we’ve been the last few years! 

time & time again ely tried to give Dillard this game but our HC & OFFENSIVE STAFF is so dam pathetic they refused to make and changes to what has shown to be a UNSUCCESSFUL offensive game plan. TIME & TIME AGAIN our offense is the problem & the key problem as to why we lose these big games and at this point I’m over it. Talent wasn’t the problem this year it never is we str8 poop the bed tonight we didn’t deserve to win this Dillard team has NO HEART from the coaches to the players!! & no matter how much talent you have you can’t teach heart! Congrats ely on advancing to the next round. 

1 minute ago, 954gator said:

Damn tough end to Dillards season.   It is however good seeing Ely and Dillard back to being their usual tough as nail squads they used to be.   Now we have to see if and when DFB bounces back.  

Yea to end the season this way is tough. But the way Dillard played they didn’t deserve to win. Playing like this next week would’ve gotten them running clocked at STA. I’m going to always go hard for Dillard but like I put on the alumni board a few min ago ; enough of the excuses. It’s not the refs fault, it’s not because of lack of talent Dillard as a FOOTBALL program has NO HEART & that pains the hell out of me to say which is scary because you can’t teach that. No heart & no coaching & you won’t get far. As shown tonight. 

2 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Yea to end the season this way is tough. But the way Dillard played they didn’t deserve to win. Playing like this next week would’ve gotten them running clocked at STA. I’m going to always go hard for Dillard but like I put on the alumni board a few min ago ; enough of the excuses. It’s not the refs fault, it’s not because of lack of talent Dillard as a FOOTBALL program has NO HEART & that pains the hell out of me to say which is scary because you can’t teach that. No heart & no coaching & you won’t get far. As shown tonight. 

Blanche Ely needs to play extremely well next week if they want to win. They cannot afford to have any mistakes. Penalties or fumbles will kill you against a team as well-coached as the Raiders. Ely has to score first and then play like there's no tomorrow to hand STA their first home playoff loss in 19 years.

11 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

That's why yall was STRUGGLING ok I mean just wondering. Try again next season

Terrible season for Dillard. Hype Hype Hype! All that preseason hype and nothing but disappointment and excuses all season. Dillard had over 15 players transfer in and people were calling them the Dillard (Deerfield) Bucks. All we got was a bad display of football week in and week out. Dillard probably leads the nation in penalties.  Until Dillard PROVES they are a top tier program on the field....I hope their fan base relax in the preseason and on social media. Dillard continues to be who we thought they are. An overrated, undisciplined, and poorly coached team. Congrats to Ely and the Pompano community. Their head coach should be the South Florida coach of the year for turning that program around. Best wishes to them versus STA.

3 hours ago, Supernatural said:

Terrible season for Dillard. Hype Hype Hype! All that preseason hype and nothing but disappointment and excuses all season. Dillard had over 15 players transfer in and people were calling them the Dillard (Deerfield) Bucks. All we got was a bad display of football week in and week out. Dillard probably leads the nation in penalties.  Until Dillard PROVES they are a top tier program on the field....I hope their fan base relax in the preseason and on social media. Dillard continues to be who we thought they are. An overrated, undisciplined, and poorly coached team. Congrats to Ely and the Pompano community. Their head coach should be the South Florida coach of the year for turning that program around. Best wishes to them versus STA.

Unfortunately "HYPE" is the operative word in your analysis.  It's one thing to be biased and pull for your home team (I plead 100% guilty), but when it's over the top you better be sure you can back it up.  Otherwise you are only left with the excuses you so ably point out.   Honestly, I was pulling for them because they have had their share of disappointments.  As you said the fan base needs to be supportive but relax with all the hyperbole as that also leads players believing it rather than just grinding. 

1 hour ago, Ray Icaza said:

Unfortunately "HYPE" is the operative word in your analysis.  It's one thing to be biased and pull for your home team (I plead 100% guilty), but when it's over the top you better be sure you can back it up.  Otherwise you are only left with the excuses you so ably point out.   Honestly, I was pulling for them because they have had their share of disappointments.  As you said the fan base needs to be supportive but relax with all the hyperbole as that also leads players believing it rather than just grinding. 

Maybe some of the DFB players brought over some of their culture of the hype they always had with the talent on paper when they were wit DFB and thought that they would be better off grouped with Dillard but fell back into their old routine when the big lights shined on them.

40 minutes ago, KeemD321 said:

Maybe some of the DFB players brought over some of their culture of the hype they always had with the talent on paper when they were wit DFB and thought that they would be better off grouped with Dillard but fell back into their old routine when the big lights shined on them.

It would be wrong for me to speculate what went wrong as I know nothing about their squad as I obviously have more interest in mine.  My point is setting high expectations is what teams should do, but if you overstate were they stand you open yourself up for people to pile on.  It's not my intent, just my observation. 

4 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

It would be wrong for me to speculate what went wrong as I know nothing about their squad as I obviously have more interest in mine.  My point is setting high expectations is what teams should do, but if you overstate were they stand you open yourself up for people to pile on.  It's not my intent, just my observation. 

Those are facts. Same thing happen to my alma mater in Rockledge. The city and county as a whole had high hopes of having both Cocoa and Rockledge reaching state for the first time together.

1 hour ago, KeemD321 said:

Those are facts. Same thing happen to my alma mater in Rockledge. The city and county as a whole had high hopes of having both Cocoa and Rockledge reaching state for the first time together.

Injuries can play havoc at the end of the season as it appears the Rockledge QB did play against Mainland but was he 100%.  Same thing with Rucker from Seminole, not to take anything away from a good Lake Mary team but did it have any effect on the outcome?  It happens and without knowing to what extent injuries are affecting a team I believe we are seeing it in some of the latest results. 

15 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

Injuries can play havoc at the end of the season as it appears the Rockledge QB did play against Mainland but was he 100%.  Same thing with Rucker from Seminole, not to take anything away from a good Lake Mary team but did it have any effect on the outcome?  It happens and without knowing to what extent injuries are affecting a team I believe we are seeing it in some of the latest results. 

I don't think he was 100%  I know he wore a knee brace but at the end of the day they had their chances to win or hold on to win