Prepbuilders Rankings

gator boy

PREPBUILDERS TOP 10: WEEK 2

1. Oxbridge Academy (3A; 2-0) [PR: 1]: Def. Miami Carol City, 14-7 (Thurs., 9/1)
2. Delray Beach Atlantic (8A; 2-0) [PR: 2]: Def. West Boca Raton, 49-7 (Thurs., 9/1)
3. Dwyer (7A; 2-0) [PR: 3]: BYE
4. Delray Beach American Heritage (3A; 0-2) [PR: 4]: LOST to USA Today then-No. 22 nationally ranked (now-No. 20) St. John's College (D.C.), 42-9 (Sat., 9/3)
5. Palm Beach Lakes (2-0; 7A) [PR: 9]: Def. then-No. 5 (now-No. 8) Glades Central, 16-13
6. Boca Raton (2-0; 8A) [PR: 7]: Def. then-No. 6 (now-No. 9) Palm Beach Gardens, 30-28
7. Pahokee (2-0; 1A) [PR: 8]: Def. Wayne Hills (N.J.), 34-23
8. Glades Central (1-1; 4A) [PR: 5]: LOST to then-No. 9 (now-No. 5) Palm Beach Lakes, 16-13
9. Palm Beach Gardens (1-1; 8A) [PR: 6]: LOST to then-No. 7 (now-No. 6) Boca Raton, 30-28
10. Lake Worth (1-1; 8A) [PR: 10]: Def. Forest Hill, 17-6

NOTE: St. John's College has the nation's second toughest schedule, according to USA Today

ON THE FRINGES: Clewiston (4A; 2-0), Olympic Heights (7A; 2-0), Park Vista (8A; 2-0), Seminole Ridge (8A; 1-1), Wellington (8A; 1-1)

NEXT TOP 10 RELEASE: Monday, Sept. 12

Coming from a player this is disrespectful to have AHD (whose lost by 30+ points in every game this season) to be ranked ahead of anyone? At what point does the strength of schedule excuse play out? I get you play tough schools but does that mean you are better than everyone else? These rankings are basically saying no matter if you lose or not as long as you schedule good teams you'll get treated like one...

Thoughts???? 

1. Oxbridge Academy (3A; 2-0) [PR: 1]: Def. Miami Carol City, 14-7 (Thurs., 9/1)

2. Delray Beach Atlantic (8A; 2-0) [PR: 2]: Def. West Boca Raton, 49-7 (Thurs., 9/1)

4. Delray Beach American Heritage (3A; 0-2) [PR: 4]: LOST to USA Today then-No. 22 nationally ranked (now-No. 20) St. John's College (D.C.), 42-9 (Sat., 9/3)

5. Palm Beach Lakes (2-0; 7A) [PR: 9]: Def. then-No. 5 (now-No. 8) Glades Central, 16-13

6. Boca Raton (2-0; 8A) [PR: 7]: Def. then-No. 6 (now-No. 9) Palm Beach Gardens, 30-28

8. Glades Central (1-1; 4A) [PR: 5]: LOST to then-No. 9 (now-No. 5) Palm Beach Lakes, 16-13

9. Palm Beach Gardens (1-1; 8A) [PR: 6]: LOST to then-No. 7 (now-No. 6) Boca Raton, 30-28

NOTE: St. John's College has the nation's second toughest schedule, according to USA Today

ON THE FRINGES: Clewiston (4A; 2-0), Olympic Heights (7A; 2-0), Park Vista (8A; 2-0), Seminole Ridge (8A; 1-1), Wellington (8A; 1-1)

Coming from a player this is disrespectful to have AHD (whose lost by 30+ points in every game this season) to be ranked ahead of anyone? At what point does the strength of schedule excuse play out? I get you play tough schools but does that mean you are better than everyone else? These rankings are basically saying no matter if you lose or not as long as you schedule good teams you'll get treated like one...

Thoughts???? 

It can go both ways....Then you have the Palm Beach Post for Week 3 has Dwyer (1-0), Atlantic Delray (2-0) ahead of Oxbridge Academy (2-0).  Dwyer has beat Boynton Beach and Atlantic Delray has beat Wellington and West Boca.  Meanwhile Oxbridge Academy has beat Flanagan and Carol City.  There is an example of names and politics  trumping schedule strength with an equivalent record.

Thoughts???? 

I will say that the individual that made this poll at least states how he makes his top 10.  Although we may not agree he does emphasize schedule strength matters to us "in a big way".  That is at least fair that he states that and even understands their will be "outrage":

Here is Naji Tobias explanation going into Week 1:

Let the madness begin.

To be blunt, there are legitimate questions about every single top-tier team in Palm Beach County. We honestly don’t see any team as a great overall unit – at least not right now, anyway.

With that said, it all came down to a couple of things: schedule strength and a team’s potential path to their respective state championship game later this fall.

We know there will be plenty of outrage in regards to our Preseason Top 10. But when we have absolutely no great teams in our area, these things are bound to happen.

Let’s get this out of the way. Kickoff classic games shouldn’t matter, but in our eyes, everything counts.

Only two of our top six teams won their kickoff classic games, with Atlantic and Oxbridge Academy taking down their respective opponents last week (Atlantic over Mater Academy, 19-15; Oxbridge over Osceola, 49-0). And the others either lost or tied their respective games.

Aside from that, schedule strength matters to us in a big way. For example, when you look at the fact that Oxbridge Academy will play the likes of Flanagan, Carol City, and IMG Academy in the regular season – three of the top overall teams in Florida – it speaks volumes to the level of competition a team is willing to match up against.

Without delving any further into everyone else’s schedule and potential, let’s get to the list right now.

I don't even have AHD in my palm beach top 10 after past week, they have not impressed me whatsoever

They do have a sound schedule and I believe AHD will get the ball rolling eventually.  They have the talent to be a top 5 team in PB County for sure but agree that at the moment they look closer to #10.  They have a tough game @ Glades Central so let's see how they fair in the muck this weekend.  After that they get Miami Northwestern and then have two weeks to prepare for Oxbridge Academy in what will be a huge District game.  I believe they will be ready to play Oxbridge on 9/29 may not win but they will likely have turned a corner by then... going into October.

This poll is funny, although I think Atlantic is in the right spot in this poll, they haven't play a team that strikes fear in anybody's hearts! So if the strength of schedule is a cop out, then they should also be ranked lower than AH. It's common knowledge that this publication is based in Delray and is biased towards those teams. AH may beat GC Friday because GC has issues on offense and this site will be like I told you so, when everybody knows that they should be Unranked at this point!!!!

This poll is funny, although I think Atlantic is in the right spot in this poll, they haven't play a team that strikes fear in anybody's hearts! So if the strength of schedule is a cop out, then they should also be ranked lower than AH. It's common knowledge that this publication is based in Delray and is biased towards those teams. AH may beat GC Friday because GC has issues on offense and this site will be like I told you so, when everybody knows that they should be Unranked at this point!!!!

AHD apparently has a few problems as well...