Playoff participants by county

nolebull813

1 hour ago, Dr. D said:

And I'm guessing you're not too upset about Columbia hosting Choctawhatchee rather than making a return trip to Pensacola on Friday...

I'm very glad that Columbia is hosting but I said for weeks that this talk of Pine Forest being the clear cut favorite wasn't accurate

They are a good team without a doubt but "clear frontrunner?" Absolutely not 

19 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

I don’t think this was even close to an upset. I don’t think there is one tangible thing you can point to and say plant has the edge. Plant isn’t even remotely close to the old championship caliber teams from the past. 

Yeah hard to call a #1 seed winning as an upset.  I watched that game and ELHS defense played lights out bend but don't break defense while its offense was the usual high level.  I expected a shootout and if Plant could have executed better in the red zone it would've been a shootout.  I'm kind of salty about ELHS because their best player Luke Yoder, who had several long TD runs in this game (including a 97 yarder), they stole from PHU for his senior year this year.  I can't blame Luke because he gets to experience a deep run into the playoffs for his last year of HS but ELHS wouldn't have made this run without him.  Hell maybe PHU goes on a similar run with him this year?  Transfers suck for the game.

1 hour ago, nolebull813 said:

Counties with TWO - Hillsborough, Leon, Sarasota, Lee, Collier

Counties with THREE - Alachua 

Counties with FOUR - Duval, Palm Beach, Polk, Orange 

Counties with FIVE - Pinellas 

Counties with SIX - Broward 

Counties with SEVEN - Broward 

Hey Nole, you listed Broward twice.

27 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

Counties with TWO - Alachua, Duval, Pinellas, Lee, Polk

Counties with THREE - Orange, Broward 

Counties with FOUR - Dade 

Whether your county has 1 TEAM or 4 TEAMS it is still an accomplishment as your list has 24 counties represented out of 59.  So at least you aren't one of the 35 left out. 

45 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

Whether your county has 1 TEAM or 4 TEAMS it is still an accomplishment as your list has 24 counties represented out of 59.  So at least you aren't one of the 35 left out. 

Ray, where did that 59 come from ?  Not doubting you, but who are the 8 counties that don't play FHSAA football... just curious if you know.

1 hour ago, Dan in Daytona said:

Ray, where did that 59 come from ?  Not doubting you, but who are the 8 counties that don't play FHSAA football... just curious if you know.

So sorry Dan, I let politics creep in as I was only counting the red counties and forgetting about the blue ones :lol:.  So you are correct in pointing out there are 67 counties in FL..........my bad!!  But that makes it more special as 43 are not represented. 

8 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

The fact that 24 counties are still alive is actually a negative, not a positive. It goes back to the participation trophy mindset. Half these teams would have been long gone in a real bracket 

It's a negative if you are a PURIST, but each community represented doesn't agree with your assessment.  If you really are a purist then we should be down to 4 TEAMS TOTAL for the semi-final round not the 32+ that are still alive therefore we will have 8 champions in the current setup that are really getting a participation trophy. 

2 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

It's a negative if you are a PURIST, but each community represented doesn't agree with your assessment.  If you really are a purist then we should be down to 4 TEAMS TOTAL for the semi-final round not the 32+ that are still alive therefore we will have 8 champions in the current setup that are really getting a participation trophy. 

Agree

4 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

So sorry Dan, I let politics creep in as I was only counting the red counties and forgetting about the blue ones :lol:.  So you are correct in pointing out there are 67 counties in FL..........my bad!!  But that makes it more special as 43 are not represented. 

Jeeze man, politics and sports should never mix.  At least you corrected yourself.

7 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

You are forgiven this time, but don't let it happen again Ray. I am also going to forgive you for not answering my questions this time. Rest assured though, next time that I ask you a question regarding officiating, or anything else, I will not only expect an answer, I will demand one! Do you understand, and have I made myself clear? 

1 hour ago, PinellasFB said:

I'm not taking the bait.  I like it when we stick to football and I like reading your posts too so let's not go down that rabbit hole.  :)

Point made by both my question and your answer.  Thanks and yes I prefer sticking to sports also as my initial response to Dan's question was a little tongue and cheek as it wasn't meant to hit a chord. 

• 2 weeks later...