Pinellas County having a banner year

nolebull813

If I would have told you Pinellas County would be heading Into the 3rd round of the playoffs with more teams than every county in Florida besides Dade and Broward you would have called me some homer troll who must have moved to Pinellas County, wife is from Pinellas County and forced me to say it, or someone from Pinellas County saved my life. None of those are true. Except Pinellas rolling into the 3rd round with more teams than every county except Dade and Broward!!!!!!!! Here’s what they got left. 

Largo vs Jesuit - Largo is a heavy underdog but has played Lakewood close, and at this point anything can happen. 

East Lake vs Ocoee - this is a bit of a mystery. Ocoee has had a light years better schedule, but the results are up and down. This is a tough game to size up. 

Lakewood vs Calvary Clearwater - when these 2 teams scored huge wins against quality Hillsborough teams it guaranteed Pinellas would have a team playing in the state semi finals. This is another toss up game. 

CCC vs CDS - CCC has been the Hillsborough killers this year and this game should be no different. Pinellas should have 2 teams walking into the state semis 

1 hour ago, nolebull813 said:

If I would have told you Pinellas County would be heading Into the 3rd round of the playoffs with more teams than every county in Florida besides Dade and Broward you would have called me some homer troll who must have moved to Pinellas County, wife is from Pinellas County and forced me to say it, or someone from Pinellas County saved my life. None of those are true. Except Pinellas rolling into the 3rd round with more teams than every county except Dade and Broward!!!!!!!! Here’s what they got left. 

Largo vs Jesuit - Largo is a heavy underdog but has played Lakewood close, and at this point anything can happen. 

East Lake vs Ocoee - this is a bit of a mystery. Ocoee has had a light years better schedule, but the results are up and down. This is a tough game to size up. 

Lakewood vs Calvary Clearwater - when these 2 teams scored huge wins against quality Hillsborough teams it guaranteed Pinellas would have a team playing in the state semi finals. This is another toss up game. 

CCC vs CDS - CCC has been the Hillsborough killers this year and this game should be no different. Pinellas should have 2 teams walking into the state semis 

Great summary!  I called it back in March and it's almost scary to see it unfold.  

Let's Have FUN! Air it out here!

Pinellas usually gets wiped out in the first round so yeah this is a banner year for the county.  I thought the second round would be the big filter for the county this year but they all played great.  I like ELHS chances vs Ocoee way more than I would have liked vs West Orange.  I've watched ELHS all year and their strength is unstoppable offense but their weakness  has been defense until the playoffs.  In both of their playoff games, the other team moved the ball at will between the 20s but ELHS seemed to stop drive after drive inside the 10 yard line or came up with timely TOs.  This just doesn't seem sustainable so eventually they will have to win another shootout, which is their standard way of dispatching a quality opponent.  I am predicting another shootout which has been wrong so far but it will happen eventually.  If I were not traveling for the holidays I would definitely attend this game!