Introducing DisabledAccount: Lake Wales 37, Columbia 7 - Crow Time

Nulli Secundus

On 12/2/2022 at 9:10 PM, DisabledAccount said:

This game and season is done and I'm out

Congratulations on a great season.  The Tiger family left it all on the field.  Hopefully we'll meet again next year.  Thank you for honoring what you agreed to do.  Now change your screen name back.  It looks like someone hacked your damn account, lol.

462fe12f-8334-46ef-a682-664645560c90_tex

• Nulli Secundus changed the title to Introducing DisabledAccount: Lake Wales 37, Columbia 7 - Crow Time
10 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Hey Ray Icaza, would you care to explain what is so confusing about my post?

Guess I just am confused as how the MOST KNOWLEDGEABLE PERSON on this board could have erred so badly in a game involving his own team.  Again, a loss is a loss but forecasting a victory and then losing that badly.  HMMMM.

On 11/28/2022 at 6:13 PM, DisabledAccount said:

Middleburg had 15 or so transfers and Columbia still beat them 

We gotta keep up with other cheaters but we still don't go overboard, only 3 transfers on this team 

You made this board a fun place to use for 4 years for some 20-year-old kid behind a screen that likes Venice football! I have to eat some crow now, though!

9 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

Guess I just am confused as how the MOST KNOWLEDGEABLE PERSON on this board could have erred so badly in a game involving his own team.  Again, a loss is a loss but forecasting a victory and then losing that badly.  HMMMM.

I may add that to my signature.  That's perfect!

17 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

Columbia deserved to be the favorite based on SOS alone. Lake Wales dominated them, but I thought that Columbia would win because of how well they played after their loss to TCA. They built a lot of momentum that was blown in one night. Lake Wales deserved to win last night, and I think they will crush Mainland in the finals to take home the 3S trophy. The final score shocked me a little, though!

1 hour ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Columbia deserved to be the favorite based on SOS alone. Lake Wales dominated them, but I thought that Columbia would win because of how well they played after their loss to TCA. They built a lot of momentum that was blown in one night. Lake Wales deserved to win last night, and I think they will crush Mainland in the finals to take home the 3S trophy. The final score shocked me a little, though!

I will state this year's Columbia team (even in last year's classification/bracket) probably still is a final four team. Having said that, this team wasn't complete or consistent. They depended entirely too much on their defense to make scoring opportunities rather than their offense to be able to march down the field methodically. All 3 of their playoff wins were relatively low scoring games by the offense, even in the regular season Columbia's district wins against easy opponents didn't come easy. They didn't dominate. They didn't put that running clock up early (other than Ridgeview). 

The team once again asked the defense to bail them out, keep them in the game, and find opportunities to score as the offense failed to be able to do anything consistent. Honestly, the result didn't surprise at all (maybe the margin). If you are going to be a state championship team, you need to do one thing great and other things good. Columbia played great defense (until last night), but their offense was anything but good. 

13 hours ago, gatorman-uf said:

I will state this year's Columbia team (even in last year's classification/bracket) probably still is a final four team. 

And that is a truly bad reflection on the schools in the North and Panhandle area that Columbia advanced out of that region.

Columbia is a poorly coached team. It was shocking and embarrassing what Lake Wales did to them. The Highlanders are good, but that good? I guess we will see more in 2 weeks.

Columbia OL/DL had a size advantage but looked slow and out of shape. How can a team lack conditioning in December?

The group of us that scouted that game could not believe our eyes. We expected a close down to the wire contest. The other game in Polk was closer than expected and the game we should have attended.

17 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

How did Columbia deserve to be the favorite on SOS?  The Tigers played 3, well 4 decent teams "IF" you include Deland and went 1-3.  That's a pitiful 25% result no matter how you slice it.  SOS means nothing if you don't perform and had the Tigers emerged victorious in those games, there's a great chance they'd be in the title game right now.  After Columbia's "loss" to TCA, they defeated:

Orange Park (2-8)
Middleburg (5-6)
Gadsden County (2-8)
Ridgeview (1-9)

Playoffs

Lincoln (5-5) before their loss
Escambia (8-3) before their loss
Choctaw (7-5) before their loss

Columbia defeated 1 school with a winning record in DeLand prior to the playoffs and nothing about Columbia stood out as cause for concern against Lake Wales, hence the wager against the artist formerly known as ColumbiaHighFan2017 who blindly touted Columbia's all world schedule while degrading Lake Wales.

Just now, Dan in Daytona said:

Nulli, double foul, penalty for piling on, and unsportsmen like conduct......30 yards.

I listened to that mindless dribble all season but especially last week and laughed as I knew he had no idea what was coming his way.  Instead of going back and forth, I created this thread and kept silent.  

3 hours ago, LakelandGator said:

And that is a truly bad reflection on the schools in the North and Panhandle area that Columbia advanced out of that region.

Columbia is a poorly coached team. It was shocking and embarrassing what Lake Wales did to them. The Highlanders are good, but that good? I guess we will see more in 2 weeks.

Columbia OL/DL had a size advantage but looked slow and out of shape. How can a team lack conditioning in December?

The group of us that scouted that game could not believe our eyes. We expected a close down to the wire contest. The other game in Polk was closer than expected and the game we should have attended.

I don't know it is a bad reflection on the Panhandle/North, but there aren't that many good teams North of Orlando this year in any classification. Buchholz, Columbia, Bradford, FSU High, Bolles are the only schools North of Ocala that made the Final Four (not counting Rural Classification) and only FSU remains. 

I just don't think this was the North's year. As for the OL, I don't think CHS has a good OL since Laremy Tunsil over 10 years ago. This year was no different. I would love to hear what @DisabledAccounthas to say about this. 

4 hours ago, gatorman-uf said:

I don't know it is a bad reflection on the Panhandle/North, but there aren't that many good teams North of Orlando this year in any classification. Buchholz, Columbia, Bradford, FSU High, Bolles are the only schools North of Ocala that made the Final Four (not counting Rural Classification) and only FSU remains. 

Bucholz, Bradford, Bolles were pretty good and lost close games.

Pine Forest not coming out of that region sent the entire area into the toilet.

I've played in, coached, and witnessed alot of HS football over the last 40+ years. For Columbia to have athletes like they have and look like a pop warner coached team is exactly what I said in my original post, "a bad reflection on the region".

On 12/3/2022 at 12:13 AM, Ray Icaza said:

If you want my take, the 5 most knowledgeable people on this board, by far, are KeemD321, Nulli Secundus, DarterBlue, Dan in Daytona, and Jullian. Honorable mentions for everyone else! 

5 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

If you want my take, the 5 most knowledgeable people on this board, by far, are KeemD321, Nulli Secundus, DarterBlue, Dan in Daytona, and Jullian. Honorable mentions for everyone else! 

I'm flattered but my name shouldn't be on that list.  I know Lakeland, Polk County and statistics, lol.  I don't pretend or overextend beyond that.  I rely on other knowledgeable posters for everything else.