Mainland 45 Jenson Beach 10 ... On to the semi-finals

Dan in Daytona

Tonight I attended my 13th Regional Championship Final with my alma mater Mainland High School. I've now witnessed 8 region title wins and 5 losses since 1998. And the opponent Jenson Beach was, without question, the weakest third playoff round team I've ever seen. Unless a dozen starters or so missed the bus to the stadium, how did they win 10 games ? They were small, slow, and not particularly athletic. When the members of "3 Suburban" were first announced many thought it appeared very thin with quality playoff contenders. Nothing I've seen so far has changed my mind on the subject. Mainland next plays at Ft Myers Dunbar and Lake Wales host Columbia High from Lake City. In two weeks one of these survivor's will be a state champ. Why not Mainland ?  Buc Forever.

• Dan in Daytona changed the title to Mainland 45 Jenson Beach 10 ... On to the semi-finals

5 hours ago, Dan in Daytona said:

Tonight I attended my 13th Regional Championship Final with my alma mater Mainland High School. I've now witnessed 8 region titles and 5 losses since 1998. And the opponent Jenson Beach was, without question, the weakest third playoff round team I've ever seen. Unless a dozen starters or so missed the bus to the stadium, how did they win 10 games ? They were small, slow, and not particularly athletic. When the members of "3 Suburban" were first announced many thought it appeared very thin with quality playoff contenders. Nothing I've seen so far has changed my mind on the subject. Mainland next plays at Ft Myers Dunbar and Lake Wales host Columbia High from Lake City. In two weeks one of these survivor's will be a state champ. Why not Mainland ?  Buc Forever.

Great win for the Bucs, Dan. Happy for them. I think they have as good a chance as any of the other three teams to win it all. I am not a huge favorite of the new, Metro/Suburban breakdown and would much rather see a promotion/relegation system which would be more honest and would give programs with bigger aspirations the chance to step up their competition over time. 

Central and east Central Florida is well represented in the semis with teams from Volusia, Brevard, Orange, Osceola and Polk still in the hunt. 

On to next week!!

15 hours ago, Dan in Daytona said:

Tonight I attended my 13th Regional Championship Final with my alma mater Mainland High School. I've now witnessed 8 region title wins and 5 losses since 1998. And the opponent Jenson Beach was, without question, the weakest third playoff round team I've ever seen. Unless a dozen starters or so missed the bus to the stadium, how did they win 10 games ? They were small, slow, and not particularly athletic. When the members of "3 Suburban" were first announced many thought it appeared very thin with quality playoff contenders. Nothing I've seen so far has changed my mind on the subject. Mainland next plays at Ft Myers Dunbar and Lake Wales host Columbia High from Lake City. In two weeks one of these survivor's will be a state champ. Why not Mainland ?  Buc Forever.

Mainland vs Columbia in State

Cocoa vs FSU in State

Osceola vs Venice in State

With the Central Florida teams bringing home the title