Anyone in 2S stopping Cocoa?

LetsGo

Cocoa has been dominate against 2S opponents all year outscoring them 350-16. 

This past weekend they routed 12-0 #1 seed South Sumter 35-7 and that 7 came on the last play of regulation. 

Blake Boda has thrown for almost 3500 yards and 45TDs while rushing for 3 more. This lefty should be a lock for 2S player of the year and maybe dairy farmers player of the year.

They have one of the best WR groups maybe in the country led by (2) 4️‘s… 23’ Ohio State commit Ced Hawkins and ESPN top 300 24’ Day Day Farmer. They also have a huge target in 6’5” converted basketball player and 3️ Kyon Calhoun. They have 7 players with over 200 yards receiving on this team, 9 players with receiving TDs, and 11 have caught a pass from boda.

Their entire starting oline returns next year and has not given up a sack against a 2S opponent. Senior RB Anthony bridgewater has rushed for +500 yards behind them and 4 TDs but man can he pass block. This converted LB along with sophomore Malachi will make you regret blitzing!

Defensively, their entire secondary is committed or holds a D1 offer, they have 2 of the top ‘24 LBs in the state with Samadre Hawkins and Davion Parham. There DL is big, athletic, well coached and anchored by 3️ Loren Ward and senior Dorsey. 

Cocoa has 5th year HC Ryan Schnider at the helm looking to make it to his 3rd state final as a Tiger. He won state championships previously with U School and St Thomas. Early on, Coach Schnider was critized for the teams 2-2 start losing to jones on the last drive where they sacked his QB for a safety and the getting beat soundly by his former program.Those 2 loses don’t look to bad anymore as that’s likely the 3M state matchup. They also lost to seminole in OT but that game unfortunately probably cost seminole their shot at a state title. Seminole’s FAU QB Commit hasn’t played a snap since that game.

Lastly, one of their biggest advantages is Coach Schnider has assembled an impressive staff around him with 3 former head coaches on staff, a former NFL player,  9 military veterans, and almost every staff member played college football. Having this type of staff with the current state of coaches pay in Florida is pretty crazy!

This isn’t a good team, it’s a good program and i can’t see anyone stopping cocoa this year 

5 hours ago, LetsGo said:

Cocoa has been dominate against 2S opponents all year outscoring them 350-16. 

This past weekend they routed 12-0 #1 seed South Sumter 35-7 and that 7 came on the last play of regulation. 

Blake Boda has thrown for almost 3500 yards and 45TDs while rushing for 3 more. This lefty should be a lock for 2S player of the year and maybe dairy farmers player of the year.

They have one of the best WR groups maybe in the country led by (2) 4️‘s… 23’ Ohio State commit Ced Hawkins and ESPN top 300 24’ Day Day Farmer. They also have a huge target in 6’5” converted basketball player and 3️ Kyon Calhoun. They have 7 players with over 200 yards receiving on this team, 9 players with receiving TDs, and 11 have caught a pass from boda.

Their entire starting oline returns next year and has not given up a sack against a 2S opponent. Senior RB Anthony bridgewater has rushed for +500 yards behind them and 4 TDs but man can he pass block. This converted LB along with sophomore Malachi will make you regret blitzing!

Defensively, their entire secondary is committed or holds a D1 offer, they have 2 of the top ‘24 LBs in the state with Samadre Hawkins and Davion Parham. There DL is big, athletic, well coached and anchored by 3️ Loren Ward and senior Dorsey. 

Cocoa has 5th year HC Ryan Schnider at the helm looking to make it to his 3rd state final as a Tiger. He won state championships previously with U School and St Thomas. Early on, Coach Schnider was critized for the teams 2-2 start losing to jones on the last drive where they sacked his QB for a safety and the getting beat soundly by his former program.Those 2 loses don’t look to bad anymore as that’s likely the 3M state matchup. They also lost to seminole in OT but that game unfortunately probably cost seminole their shot at a state title. Seminole’s FAU QB Commit hasn’t played a snap since that game.

Lastly, one of their biggest advantages is Coach Schnider has assembled an impressive staff around him with 3 former head coaches on staff, a former NFL player,  9 military veterans, and almost every staff member played college football. Having this type of staff with the current state of coaches pay in Florida is pretty crazy!

This isn’t a good team, it’s a good program and i can’t see anyone stopping cocoa this year 

Cocoa....a diamond in a sea of mediocrity

1 hour ago, imjustafan2 said:

There was a flag thrown following the last Cocoa score, it appeared that the ref signaled one of the Cocoa players was ejected, possibly Day Day Farmer. If so, he or whoever will have to sit the next game. Any word on if the team is going to appeal?

no i believe he was just sent off and not at risk to play… i saw a video on twitter of bradford number 55 coming off after punches were thrown and a baker county kid laying on the field… hope both teams are full strength should be a good one

The only team that can beat Cocoa in 2S at this point is Cocoa. Out of the 2S teams they've played so far South Sumter scored the most. Cocoa had alot of penalties that game which had fans saying it was Cocoa vs the refs and it still ended up being a running clock. 

South Sumter fans were confident in the Brevard Sports Network comments and it looks like Bradford is doing the same.  I can see FSU making a game for the first half. Being that they basically have home field advantage. 

i believe cocoa’s trenches and depth is their biggest advantage over bradford and FSU/bishop verot. cocoa only has june player that goes both ways and that’s their ohio state commit ced hawkins. when he’s not in of offense they have a young stud nikki teeter who played for 24k last year and has 6 TDs this year. 

Back to their online they average 6’2.5 287 and have not given up a sack against a 2 S opponent… 

LT-Messiah Robinson 6’3 265

LG- Xavier Solis 6’1 315

C Johnathon Joiner 6’2 275

RG Damien Seymour 6’5 320

RT Jaquez Joiner 6’3 260

25BECE63-8974-4003-832C-FF51C5039B1C.jpeg

2 hours ago, HornetFan said:

Plus, they recruit well. Just ask Seabreeze HS.

I wouldn't necessarily call it recruiting when Blake Boda actually put it out there in an interview his reasonings for transferring and the fact that he actually told his teammate who he played with and against in 7v7 that he was thinking about transferring. That player thought he joking. Yes kids talk but that's nothing new. It's not like there were coaches actively recruiting him and the players weren't even recruitin. They already had a QB before he transferred in.

4 hours ago, HornetFan said:

Plus, they recruit well. Just ask Seabreeze HS.

kid leaves a school… he must have been recruited…or he wasn’t being developed, wasn’t being challenged, maybe the kid is a full back at an air raid school… 

and if you got proof cocoa recruits submit it to the fhsaa or shut up with your baseless allegations. 

9 hours ago, LetsGo said:

kid leaves a school… he must have been recruited…or he wasn’t being developed, wasn’t being challenged, maybe the kid is a full back at an air raid school… 

and if you got proof cocoa recruits submit it to the fhsaa or shut up with your baseless allegations. 

You're head is in the sand if you dont think this isn't going on.  It's everywhere so when a high profile kid transfers to your school, expect a bunch of questions.

Looks like Cocoa will be playing without their leading receiver tonight due to 2 unsportsmanlike penalties last week. Sounds like the FHSAA is trying to suspend him for the rest of the season but Cocoa is appealing it. They'll be more than fine. But I know he's 3tds from breaking Cocoa's single season receiving td record. The QB is only 88yds from breaking the single season passing yards record which he'll do tonight.

I definitely give Bradford their props they came ready to play. They won the special teams battle the whole game but Cocoa got things straightened enough to pull out the win 31 - 21.

There was basically a 21 point swing that made it game.

Bradford returned the 2nd half kick 95 yards for a touchdown to make it 14-7 Cocoa. Then Cocoa's following possession their punt got blocked and returned then lateral on the block punt return for a touchdown tying it up. Was a better game than I assumed. Cocoa has to clean up the special teams and cut on some penalties still. One hold cost them a touchdown and a pass interference on defense kept a drive alive for Bradford leading to their 3rd touchdown.

26 minutes ago, KeemD321 said:

I definitely give Bradford their props they came ready to play. They won the special teams battle the whole game but Cocoa got things straightened enough to pull out the win 31 - 21.

There was basically a 21 point swing that made it game.

Bradford returned the 2nd half kick 95 yards for a touchdown to make it 14-7 Cocoa. Then Cocoa's following possession their punt got blocked and returned then lateral on the block punt return for a touchdown tying it up. Was a better game than I assumed. Cocoa has to clean up the special teams and cut on some penalties still. One hold cost them a touchdown and a pass interference on defense kept a drive alive for Bradford leading to their 3rd touchdown.

I know Cocoa hates Tornadoes lol