Lakewood vs Central

Proseteye

Don't ususally follow Central or the higher classifications but, does Lakewood even have a snowball's chance in hell against Central? I'm thinking that if Central was being considered for the #1 team in the nation defeating a team like Lakewood in the final would not seem to enhance their chances. Except for IMG have they defeated any other team that would help them being considered  for #1?  They haven't even played one out of state team as IMG and STA have. Just trying to determine how the selection of the #1 team in the nation is accomplished not saying anything against Central as I support all Florida teams. :unsure:

4 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

Don't ususally follow Central or the higher classifications but, does Lakewood even have a snowball's chance in hell against Central? I'm thinking that if Central was being considered for the #1 team in the nation defeating a team like Lakewood in the final would not seem to enhance their chances. Except for IMG have they defeated any other team that would help them being considered  for #1?  They haven't even played one out of state team as IMG and STA have. Just trying to determine how the selection of the #1 team in the nation is accomplished not saying anything against Central as I support all Florida teams. :unsure:

The Lakewood game is the Semifinal game. They will more than likely be playing AHP for the title which is a team ranked in the top 15 in most rankings. Central has been ranked all season and has been winning pretty handily. Also they remain undefeated as well.

14 hours ago, FBGUY1989 said:

I don't think Lakewood has a chance against Central furthermore how did they even make it this far 

Oooh, oooh, I think I can answer your question.   After exhaustive research, it appears that Lakewood has managed to make it this far by winning three playoff games, beating Clearwater, Tampa Catholic and Calvary Christian.  :P

The last two wins were on the road and in each of the three games, Lakewood scored at least 42 points (scoring 63 in the Regional Finals).  

In my view, this is a typical Lakewood team.   They have a handful of exceptional athletes that play the skill positions.  Against many of the area teams, they simply "out-athlete" their opponent.  They rely on big plays to put lots of points on the scoreboard.  However, they lack quality players at every position and they simply don't have the depth they need to beat a top-tier team (like Lakeland, during the regular season, or Miami Central, in the playoffs). 

That said, it wouldn't surprise me if Lakewood manages to get a few early scores and keep the game close for a half.   But I would expect to see  Central pull away in the second half.  Lakewood wants a shootout, but they'll run out of ammunition in the third  or fourth quarter.

3 hours ago, Perspective said:

Oooh, oooh, I think I can answer your question.   After exhaustive research, it appears that Lakewood has managed to make it this far by winning three playoff games, beating Clearwater, Tampa Catholic and Calvary Christian.  :P

The last two wins were on the road and in each of the three games, Lakewood scored at least 42 points (scoring 63 in the Regional Finals).  

In my view, this is a typical Lakewood team.   They have a handful of exceptional athletes that play the skill positions.  Against many of the area teams, they simply "out-athlete" their opponent.  They rely on big plays to put lots of points on the scoreboard.  However, they lack quality players at every position and they simply don't have the depth they need to beat a top-tier team (like Lakeland, during the regular season, or Miami Central, in the playoffs). 

That said, it wouldn't surprise me if Lakewood manages to get a few early scores and keep the game close for a half.   But I would expect to see  Central pull away in the second half.  Lakewood wants a shootout, but they'll run out of ammunition in the third  or fourth quarter.

They will run out of ammo before they get off the bus.  Blowout  Central 45-7

7 hours ago, 181pl said:

well, they better be prepared to play for 48 minutes if they wanna beat American Heritage

The thing I've noticed with Central with being their last two playoff games I've attended is they have a lead but seems to let their foot off the gas. Don't get me wrong Central will beat America Heritage, but they got to play all quarters and stop with all the penalties as well

1 hour ago, FBGUY1989 said:

The thing I've noticed with Central with being their last two playoff games I've attended is they have a lead but seems to let their foot off the gas. Don't get me wrong Central will beat America Heritage, but they got to play all quarters and stop with all the penalties as well

Gotta play 4 quarters to beat the Pats! No senseless penalties and no turnovers. AHP makes a living off their opponents' mistakes!