APOPKA 15 - DR. PHILLIPS 14

Pipe Dreams

Huge 8A game that could be the first of two match ups between these two teams (next time would be the final four).

Apopka Results

Ocoee 62-7

Edgewater 78-0

DeLand 35-0

Dr. Phillips Results

Wekiva 28-7

Lake Mary 41-7

West Orange 40-3

DP has a very good defense and we all know the numbers that Apopka can put up. Any predictions?

New OC is paying off.... The offense play calling is unpredictable this year. 2 keys for DP  this year.  QB play of Marvin Washington who was inconsistent last year but has been playing excellent this year so far. OL needs to improve each game. They played much better against West Orange after weak play in first 2 games. If Washington stays hot and OL improves DP wins this one. DP D is impressive even without Meeks.

Once DP goes up by 35, they don't score. The clock runs thru kickoff setup, etc. We don't rub it in. Mercy = experience for young guys.

Only ran 22 plays vs Lake Mary the entire game.

Everbody has a running clock once there is a 35 point difference.  Should be a great game, the is how DP defense handles that single wing.

Wow what a game and wow what a night of sleep does after a loss!

Two very good teams met up and I think we will see them again in the final four.

DP drove down to the Apopka 5 with 22 seconds left.... First and goal with a timeout left - pass intercepted. Game over.

DP took a 14-0 lead then APK stormed back... Burch for Apopka took a botched hold for two plints and that was the difference.

DP has Mainland next week.... and now their last two losses to Apopka have come by a combined 3 points.

Wow what a game and wow what a night of sleep does after a loss!

Two very good teams met up and I think we will see them again in the final four.

DP drove down to the Apopka 5 with 22 seconds left.... First and goal with a timeout left - pass intercepted. Game over.

DP took a 14-0 lead then APK stormed back... Burch for Apopka took a botched hold for two plints and that was the difference.

DP has Mainland next week.... and now their last two losses to Apopka have come by a combined 3 points.

Tough back to back for DP.  I am really interested in the match with Mainland next week. I want to see where Mainland is .  DP seems to be doing about what they were supposed to be doing.  They will be legit 8A threat like last year.

Captain that's a nice backhanded compliment, thank you... it was a 5 yard game w 22 secs left, mathematically random outcome at that point... just happened to go Apopka's way.

it went Apopka's way because of poor play calling.  The OC should have been fired on the spot.  Let Gulla call the plays

badbird - it was called a run. You know nothing. Audible was made at the line.

Captain Morgan, some big wins by year.

2015: Manatee

2014: Plant

2012: Apopka (champion), East Lake, Plant

2011: Apopka

2010: Sanford-Seminole

2009: Olympia (Trevor Siemian), Sanford-Seminole (champion)

Losses have been close past three years in playoffs

2015: Osceola by 1

2014: Manatee by 3

2013: Plant by 1

We've got a tough road

Captain Morgan, some big wins by year.

2015: Manatee

2014: Plant

2012: Apopka (champion), East Lake, Plant

2011: Apopka

2010: Sanford-Seminole

2009: Olympia (Trevor Siemian), Sanford-Seminole (champion)

Losses have been close past three years in playoffs

2015: Osceola by 1

2014: Manatee by 3

2013: Plant by 1

This kind of proves his point that they are "always good but never good enough to beat the elite teams"

The only one listed that could be considered elite is 2012 Apopka but that was a week 1 game (Apopka also lost to Olympia 2 weeks later) come playoff time Apopka won 38-19. And 2008 champion Seminole was a beneficiary of a very down year for 6A

The truly elite teams they played in that span were...

2010  Miami Central   L 27-42 

2011  Plant                 L 13-49

2012 Apopka             (W week 1, L playoffs)

2015 Mainland           L 7-28

so like he said, good but not good enough to beat the elite teams. 

You conveniently missed every single close loss to an elite team. Those "playing for rings".

Quick tip: Begin your research with 2015 and work backwards.

Your underestimation of all of the teams I mentioned, including a team that beat an Elite Miami Northwestern in the title, shows your bias.

I am a numbers guy. Don't think you can only tell one part of the story. You are talking about some of the best programs in the state when you undermine the list I put together.

Theres one..... go further

You are severely discounting 9 teams DP beat. But your numbers are a part of a very fascinating short story with a cliffhanger.

DP has lost by 8 or more ONLY 5 times since 2008 (108 games). You named four. Think about that --- 103 out of 108 were wins (93) or losses by 7 or less (10). Go Check the maxpreps history I did this in my head.