The Suburban and Metro Classifications worked and were successful.

Jambun82

14 minutes ago, Jambun82 said:

Perspective, thank you for the nice, long-winded, legalese, response. However, next time a simple "Yes Jambun82, you were right as you usually are, and I am starting to wonder if you might be a Genius" will be more than sufficient.   

Jambun, I'll make a deal with you:  as soon as my wife says those words to me, I'll say them to you.  :lol:

That said, your response is reminiscent of the scene from A Few Good Men where Col. Jessup says: 

"I have neither the time, nor the inclination to explain myself, to a man who rises and sleeps, under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and than questions the manner in which I provide them! I’d rather you just said ‘thank you’, and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don’t give a damn, what you think you are entitled to!"

6 hours ago, Floridaatlantic1 said:

By the way. I know Lakeland and Benice can play with anyone.  All the other suburban state champs get slaughtered by metro equivalent 

Atleast half the suburban state champs would compete if not win and a couple runner ups as well as a couple semifinalists. Yea majority would get slaughtered but more than the 2 you stated would compete. 

2 hours ago, KeemD321 said:

Atleast half the suburban state champs would compete if not win and a couple runner ups as well as a couple semifinalists. Yea majority would get slaughtered but more than the 2 you stated would compete. 

Whoa whoa whoa!  The FHSAA says that metro schools are dominant and are the problem.  Suburban schools don't have a chance. :D

Lake wales loses to central by 28.

the suburban is the minor leagues and if they were able to compete with the metro than why make any change at all from old system. Oh that’s right those poor elite suburban teams only made the semis instead of getting a state champions b level trophy. Hope the state trophy was a little smaller for suburban joke league 

2 hours ago, Floridaatlantic1 said:

Lake wales loses to central by 28.

the suburban is the minor leagues and if they were able to compete with the metro than why make any change at all from old system. Oh that’s right those poor elite suburban teams only made the semis instead of getting a state champions b level trophy. Hope the state trophy was a little smaller for suburban joke league 

Again there's suburban teams that have, can, and will always compete with metro teams.

1 hour ago, Floridaatlantic1 said:

So we blew up old system to help about ten suburban elects teams and screwed many more. 

Also there's a good amount of good suburban teams who were upset about it as well since they looked forward to competing against talented metro teams for the title. Alot of the top smaller suburban teams got hurt due to not being able to schedule how they did without district opponents. 

I know Venice petitioned to go to metro. I was just responding to the statement that the new system worked. It did make for more competition in state games at the expense of many more blowouts in regular season. The whole rationale of the new system is that metro schools won 89% of states titles and that suburban teams can’t compete so let’s separate them and it was done . The same group of teams will win state in all 9 divisions so the parity reason will fail too. Go back to old system 

6 hours ago, Perspective said:

Jambun, I'll make a deal with you:  as soon as my wife says those words to me, I'll say them to you.  :lol:

That said, your response is reminiscent of the scene from A Few Good Men where Col. Jessup says: 

"I have neither the time, nor the inclination to explain myself, to a man who rises and sleeps, under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and than questions the manner in which I provide them! I’d rather you just said ‘thank you’, and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don’t give a damn, what you think you are entitled to!"

I never saw that movie, but I do know the true story that inspired it.  The Unsolved David Cox murder case. 

6 hours ago, Floridaatlantic1 said:

Chaminade loses to Bishop Gorman by 35

1M is the minor leagues of Florida and when they were able to compete with other powerhouses out west and with better coaching they get mutted. Oh that’s right those poor elite CM only win a state championship against small JV schools. Hope the state trophy was a little smaller for 1M joke league 

FIFY 

1 hour ago, Perspective said:

Janbum, seriously, if you have never seen A Few Good Men, find the time over the holidays and watch it.   It's a classic. 

No thank you, Perspective. I already know about the true story that inspired the film, so I don't need to see the Hollywood version. Also, it is Jambun not Janbum. 

21 hours ago, Jambun82 said:

What is your solution then, know-it-all? 

Remove classes.  District games are matchups between nearby teams of similar ability.  There is one official state tournament with the top 32 ranked teams.  Host smaller tournaments for teams not in the state tournament.

This creates more competitive matchups all season long, forces teams to work improve, eases travel budgets, etc.

On 12/19/2022 at 11:47 PM, Ray Icaza said:

Wow Jambun, I never imagined I would be impressed with you asking Mr. Atlantic that all important question.  Would you prefer mediocre teams to play for a State Championship?   This does nail why he supports his relegation/promotion system, so mediocre and POOR teams can win a state championship.  Great Call for a REF:D.

Southern Section in California has been playing the relegation game. It is ridiculous. Bad big schools drop until they win a championship and then are bumped up to never be heard from again. Good middle size schools get bumped up and can't win when they deserve to. 10-0 teams meeting in the first round. When "everyone gets a trophy". Many who deserve the right to earn a trophy are not allowed to.

3 team districts are very silly. Do away with the points system to get in. Use them only for seeding. Make the districts 6 to 8 teams deep. Top half of the district gets in. After 1 week of playoffs only 1/4 of the teams are left playing.

On 12/21/2022 at 3:25 PM, anonimis said:

Remove classes.  District games are matchups between nearby teams of similar ability.  There is one official state tournament with the top 32 ranked teams.  Host smaller tournaments for teams not in the state tournament.

This creates more competitive matchups all season long, forces teams to work improve, eases travel budgets, etc.

My thoughts exactly.  That would effectively make Florida the toughest playoff ticket in the country.  However, the top 32 teams for one class would not work based on the number of schools vying for a state title in a single class.  It would work for 2 classes.  For 1 class, you would need 64 teams.

The FHSAA won’t do anything that drastic.
I would be all for the top 32 title but that would take away the other 8  and no way that would ever happen.  I like big district idea if we keep crappy current system and take half. 
I liked old top two district playoff better  than stupid mysterious maxprep rankings that move team up 8 spots for losing by 28 and don’t match fhsaa anyway.  

3 hours ago, Floridaatlantic1 said:

The FHSAA won’t do anything that drastic.
I would be all for the top 32 title but that would take away the other 8  and no way that would ever happen.  I like big district idea if we keep crappy current system and take half. 
I liked old top two district playoff better  than stupid mysterious maxprep rankings that move team up 8 spots for losing by 28 and don’t match fhsaa anyway.  

I don't expect any major changes unless there is widespread unhappiness with the bottom 50% of schools.  There is a trend of district games getting more and more noncompetitive.  The sub-tournaments could be the current classes.

7 hours ago, anonimis said:

What about for those teama who don't have many teams with similar ability near by?

16 minutes ago, KeemD321 said:

What about for those teama who don't have many teams with similar ability near by?

There's compromise, they travel a little, other's travel to them.  They have a few more less competitive matchups than everyone else.  Video games go through the same problem with ping instead of travel time.  You start with  strict requirements for a matchup and loosen them as needed to get a match.

Was there a specific team you had in mind?

10 hours ago, anonimis said:

There's compromise, they travel a little, other's travel to them.  They have a few more less competitive matchups than everyone else.  Video games go through the same problem with ping instead of travel time.  You start with  strict requirements for a matchup and loosen them as needed to get a match.

I think Keem was channeling his inner ColumbiaFan.   B)

15 hours ago, anonimis said:

Just was speaking in general. I know Brevard teams would go the route of how they did in 2020 and add teams from orange, volusia, st lucie/indian river, osceola and lake counties