Gulf Breeze

s1nglewing

It was a good game but PF coaching is just really suspect. PF had 4 starters out on defense and one of their play makers on offense is done for the season. The talent is definitely there but the coaching is keeping this team from reaching its full potential. I still think PF is one of the best teams in the area. Navarre struggled with Choctaw and PF beat Choctaw pretty easy so there still in the mix.

Pollard is not the same coach that won those state championships. That info comes from former players and coaches. He's like Bobby Bowden was in his last years with FSU. He doesn't really coach these boys, I've never seen or heard of a PF team that could actually defend the pass. How in all these years with the talent they've had do they struggle so bad against the pass. When you're running a 4-4 defense against a pass happy offense, that's not good. They refuse to come out that defense for some reason instead of playing 2 safeties. Pollard does not trust his assistants with the offense. This team should be scoring 35 ppg easy.

Gulf Breeze has surprised the area starting 4-0 and beating Pine Forest.  Coach Pollard is an amazing coach, so I don't understand why anyone would think otherwise.  Gulf Breeze gets no break this week with West Florida Tech.  Probably the best game this week as far as the panhandle is concerned will be Tate @ Niceville. 

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Ocala Vanguard https://x.com/VanguardFB/status/1772951193179840761?s=20
    • Just wait till spring is over and the top RB in the area will take his talent to 1 Indian Ave. 
    • This will be an interesting story to follow.  Venice has no proven RB headed in to spring which will be a first for a long time.  They have produced several Dairy Farmers player of the years in that position.  They also will have a massive offensive line with 2 three year starters who return as well as some stud young kids.  They will probably average around 6'4 295 on the line which is huge for Venice standards.  I just wonder if this will change before the start of the season.  I still fell like someone will show up.
    • Are you still talking to me??  Thought I was pretty clear for you not to waste your breath on this subject matter, but somehow you are missing the point.  Teacher unions have limited power in FL because the candidates they overwhelming support keep losing.  If they had won, the teacher union vote had a lot to do with it and would be wielding that power.  Osceola county which isn't a GOP stronghold during the past two national elections had the journalism students for the OHS monthly newsletter (Kowboy Jake) interview the faculty as to their political leanings.  A sample of about 30 teachers that were interviewed were voting as follows:  25 D vs 5 R.  Enough said.  
    • You missed the point of my union post. Teacher unions in strong union states have power. Florida unions have zero. They cant strike and the school board can implement a contract without the unions approval. Florida unions are not preventing any raise in Florida. The state has attacked a straw man here. 
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• Popular Contributors