SSAC announces teams for 11-man, 8-man and Atlantic leagues

Joshua Wilson

The Sunshine State Athletic Conference will have over 75 teams across three different leagues going into the 2023 season which is the largest number of programs they will have ever since forming in 2008.

40 team will make up the 11-man league which is mostly private and small charter schools while the Atlantic league will have 12 teams mostly consisting of struggling public high school programs. 

The 8-man league will have 25 teams across six divisions. 

Here is more on everything including quotes from the SSAC: https://floridahsfootball.com/2023/01/25/sunshine-state-athletic-conference-announces-2023-teams-for-11-man-8-man-and-atlantic-leagues/

Sunshine State Athletic Conference Featured.png

In the 11-man SSAC Division, all teams that participated in the 11-man division last year have returned with the exception of Central Florida Christian Academy (Orlando) which appears to have been removed from the SSAC after issues arose that led to an FHSAA investigation regarding an athlete that was considered homeschool and then enrolled at nearby public high school during the 2022 season that led to a forfeiture of all-games, the resignation of the head coach, and fines and penalties by the FHSAA.

Anybody know which school this was?

1 hour ago, PinellasFB said:

Anybody know which school this was?

Yes, the student was enrolled at Dr. Phillips from what I have been able to look up. The only reason I did not name that school in specific as it was not in correlation to the article, only the fact Central Florida Christian was removed from the SSAC due to the violations. 

1 hour ago, Joshua Wilson said:

Yes, the student was enrolled at Dr. Phillips from what I have been able to look up. The only reason I did not name that school in specific as it was not in correlation to the article, only the fact Central Florida Christian was removed from the SSAC due to the violations. 

Cool thanks.  So the kid was enrolled at DP but played at CFC because they thought he was homeschooled?  Did they know about DP or did he mislead them?  Yeesh.

interesting.....

as I drum up some h8,

the atlantic league looks like the best teams in the league, or maybe Im misreading this.  alot of fhsaa teams that wasnt making playoffs. 

then the regular league is all the small schools.

kinda looks like fhsaa model of suburban and metro.  

will the atlantic league champs play the ssac champs?

2 hours ago, h8r said:

interesting.....

as I drum up some h8,

the atlantic league looks like the best teams in the league, or maybe Im misreading this.  alot of fhsaa teams that wasnt making playoffs. 

then the regular league is all the small schools.

kinda looks like fhsaa model of suburban and metro.  

will the atlantic league champs play the ssac champs?

SSAC 11-Man is for the smaller private/charter schools. They will have their own champs. Atlantic League will have their own champs as well. 

2 hours ago, PinellasFB said:

Cool thanks.  So the kid was enrolled at DP but played at CFC because they thought he was homeschooled?  Did they know about DP or did he mislead them?  Yeesh.

It appears looking at an Orlando Sentinel article now, CFCA was misled from the sounds of it. 

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/highschool/football/os-sp-hs-cfca-football-fhsaa-jeremy-campbell-20230118-ipqdtisujzhr7jfvz5c3kf6pci-story.html