Longest Active losing streaks in the state

nolebull813

It was previously mentioned that Marco Island is the top dog with a 33 game losing streak. But these are the teams that are following behind, and will be entering the 2023 season trying to snap these losing streaks. Here is the top 10

Marco Island Academy 33

Northeast (Oakland Park) 22

Discovery 19

Tampa Freedom 18

Fort Walton Beach 17 (23 on the field)

Pine Ridge 16

Winter Springs 14

Somerset Key 14

Viera 13

Wesley Chapel 12

1 hour ago, nolebull813 said:

It was previously mentioned that Marco Island is the top dog with a 33 game losing streak. But these are the teams that are following behind, and will be entering the 2023 season trying to snap these losing streaks. Here is the top 10

Marco Island Academy 33

Northeast (Oakland Park) 22

Discovery 19

Tampa Freedom 18

Fort Walton Beach 17 (23 on the field)

Pine Ridge 16

Winter Springs 14

Somerset Key 14

Viera 13

Wesley Chapel 12

Wesley Chapel is the one that surprises me.  Hadn't had a losing season in years and then suddenly goes 0-10 last year.  Did they lose a bunch of transfers or a new school open up nearby?  

A couple of other things of note:

• North Port is in a talent rich area but must be in a demographic void in the area
  • Marco Island is just too isolated and demographically challenged of a community to ever be competitive

4 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Maybe the kids returned to Rockledge and Cocoa ...

That's exactly what happened. Last season and the season before that alot of players returned to Rockledge, Eau Gallie, and Melbourne. The season before that players returned to Cocoa and Rockledge. Their stud DLineman from a couples seasons ago that signed with UF technically would've been zoned for Cocoa.

28 minutes ago, KeemD321 said:

That's exactly what happened. Last season and the season before that alot of players returned to Rockledge, Eau Gallie, and Melbourne. The season before that players returned to Cocoa and Rockledge. Their stud DLineman from a couples seasons ago that signed with UF technically would've been zoned for Cocoa.

So, live by the transfer sword, die by the transfer sword. 

Any idea what prompted the exodus? 

10 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

You are probably on to something as when he left Viera for the AD job at Toho they started getting a few key transfers which enabled them to get into the playoffs within the first 3 or so yeas of existence.  Once he left as well as his HC things at Toho quickly fell apart. 

The Viera situation makes me wonder what will happen to Lakeland over the next few years.  As I see it, here are the options: 

(1) Lakeland doesn't skip a beat, as all of the other pieces of the puzzle remain intact and the new head coach knows what to do to keep the system moving forward.

(2) Like many other places, one or two kids will transfer and that will start the process of the rats leaving the ship and there won't be any new game-changing transfers coming into the school and Lakeland will start sliding downhill. 

(3) A representative from Polk County will introduce legislation, and a bill will be passed and signed by the Governor, that prohibits Castle from following through on his resignation and he will remain on the Dreadnaught sidelines for the next 30-40 years, a la Weekend at Bernie's.  

11 minutes ago, Perspective said:

The Viera situation makes me wonder what will happen to Lakeland over the next few years.  As I see it, here are the options: 

(3) A representative from Polk County will introduce legislation, and a bill will be passed and signed by the Governor, that prohibits Castle from following through on his resignation and he will remain on the Dreadnaught sidelines for the next 30-40 years, a la Weekend at Bernie's.  

Castle seems to be in great shape, but if he lives that long, he will be competing for oldest man in the world by then.