2023 regular season rumors!!

cribboy305

22 hours ago, Dr. D said:

I think you would definitely have to include Bergen Catholic, NJ (2x NJ Non-Public champs) at C-M in week 3.  Others of lesser local interest would include Highland Springs, VA (5A VA state champs) at Miramar in week 1, and Ely at St. Joseph Regional, NJ in week 2.

Wonder if the recent naming of a new head coach at Mater Dei is slowing down their scheduling, including Central game.

Thank you. I was not aware that Bergen Catholic was playing CMD. That could definitely be a good ESPN game. Some other sleepers for ESPN include:

Aquinas vs Cocoa

SFA vs Buford

Manatee vs Miami Northwestern is rumored week 1. Haven't heard that anything is official yet, though. Can anyone confirm this? This would be an incredible matchup as Manatee is fielding their best team since 2012.

On 3/19/2023 at 3:41 PM, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Thank you. I was not aware that Bergen Catholic was playing CMD. That could definitely be a good ESPN game. Some other sleepers for ESPN include:

Aquinas vs Cocoa

SFA vs Buford

Manatee vs Miami Northwestern is rumored week 1. Haven't heard that anything is official yet, though. Can anyone confirm this? This would be an incredible matchup as Manatee is fielding their best team since 2012.

I could see the Cocoa v Jones at The Citrus Bowl "CWS" or the Venice at Cocoa being picked up by ESPN. Only way I see Cocoa at STA being picked up is I Cocoa goes into that game 2-0

2 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Why can't they?

it's absolutely possible and they have a good chance with their new QB and the group of receivers they bring back minus the Pitt commit that transferred out to MCC. They also bring back their whole OLine besides one starter i think. 

They have a high chance but better odds for ESPN to pick it up if they go into it undefeated. ESPN usually picks up their first game. Last time it was KOC against TCA and against AHD. That's I'm leaning more towards the Jones game week 1

1 minute ago, KeemD321 said:

it's absolutely possible and they have a good chance with their new QB and the group of receivers they bring back minus the Pitt commit that transferred out to MCC. They also bring back their whole OLine besides one starter i think. 

They have a high chance but better odds for ESPN to pick it up if they go into it undefeated. ESPN usually picks up their first game. Last time it was KOC against TCA and against AHD. That's I'm leaning more towards the Jones game week 1

Also consider that Venice will be coming off a very tough and physical game against Armwood. It seems that no matter how poorly Armwood is playing, they always find a way to beat Venice.  And after playing that game they have to turn around and travel 5 hours to Cocoa on a short week of practice. That intangible factor could easily play into Cocoa's hands. 

2 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Also consider that Venice will be coming off a very tough and physical game against Armwood. It seems that no matter how poorly Armwood is playing, they always find a way to beat Venice.  And after playing that game they have to turn around and travel 5 hours to Cocoa on a short week of practice. That intangible factor could easily play into Cocoa's hands. 

Wait, are you being serious????    Venice is traveling to play an away game?   B)

Cocoa's offensive line vs Venice's defensive line will tell the story of that game. As Keem said, Cocoa is returning an extremely veteran offensive line and both of their runningbacks in Malachi Coney and Jaden Brown. They have 3 extremely dangerous receivers in Dayday Farmer, Ryder Varies, and Jayshawn Smith that can take it to the endzone at any moment. Venice is fielding 4 new starters on the defensive line behind edge rushers Elijah Jones and Shamar Littles. With the graduation of Trenton Kintigh and Collin Adkins we will be relying on transfer Ryan Daly from IMG and last years' backup, David Galloway to fill the interior of the D-line. The return of all 3 of our starting linebackers and Deylen Platt is nice. Brycen Fraser will start as the other corner and the Riverview transfer can play at safety or corner. Overall, though, Cocoa should feel good about Venice coming to the Tiger's den so early in the season as that certainly gives them the best chance to defeat them. 

5 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Cocoa's offensive line vs Venice's defensive line will tell the story of that game. As Keem said, Cocoa is returning an extremely veteran offensive line and both of their runningbacks in Malachi Coney and Jaden Brown. They have 3 extremely dangerous receivers in Dayday Farmer, Ryder Varies, and Jayshawn Smith that can take it to the endzone at any moment. Venice is fielding 4 new starters on the defensive line behind edge rushers Elijah Jones and Shamar Littles. With the graduation of Trenton Kintigh and Collin Adkins we will be relying on transfer Ryan Daly from IMG and last years' backup, David Galloway to fill the interior of the D-line. The return of all 3 of our starting linebackers and Deylen Platt is nice. Brycen Fraser will start as the other corner and the Riverview transfer can play at safety or corner. Overall, though, Cocoa should feel good about Venice coming to the Tiger's den so early in the season as that certainly gives them the best chance to defeat them. 

The receiving corps of Cocoa is almost the same as last year due to them being young but they no longer have DayDay Farmer he transferred to MCC since Coach Hooks took over as the head coach there. But you missed a couple other receivers that had big time stats Jayvon Boggs being the biggest and will be a junior, along with 2 more receivers you didn't mention. They return the starting linebackers for their senior campaign and DLine will be solid with a couple returners and new faces. The real question again will be the DBs but they do return some players who have experience as well as the return of another top DB who out for the whole season last year due to an injury during the first week of practice. 

• 4 weeks later...
16 hours ago, JaxTCA2010stateCHAMP said:

Can anybody get in contact with Lakeland? 

Jax tca has a few of the same weeks open as them.. ppl been trying to hit them up on Twitter 

Serious question:  is this the way it's done now?  If Jax TCA is interested in playing Lakeland, why wouldn't the coach for Jax TCA just pick up the dang phone and call the coach from Lakeland?  

By the way, regardless how they end up communicating, you know this would have to be a road game for Jax TCA, right?  B)

52 minutes ago, Perspective said:

Serious question:  is this the way it's done now?  If Jax TCA is interested in playing Lakeland, why wouldn't the coach for Jax TCA just pick up the dang phone and call the coach from Lakeland?  

By the way, regardless how they end up communicating, you know this would have to be a road game for Jax TCA, right?  B)

Only speculation on my part why they responded on twitter as what you alluded to makes perfect sense.  Lakeland sent the request for games due to cancellation for weeks 1, 3 and 11 on twitter and asked anyone interested to "Please DM Us"! I do not have a twitter account so not really familiar with all the terminology, but Lakeland didn't ask for a phone call so maybe they want to get some options on the table before making decisions/commitments that will be favorable to them.  They couldn't possibly want favorable matchups, right??   In any event, it looks like American Heritage did reach out to them on twitter and is willing to travel to Lakeland week 11 but no response back.  HUH??

5 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

Only speculation on my part why they responded on twitter as what you alluded to makes perfect sense.  Lakeland sent the request for games due to cancellation for weeks 1, 3 and 11 on twitter and asked anyone interested to "Please DM Us"! I do not have a twitter account so not really familiar with all the terminology, but Lakeland didn't ask for a phone call so maybe they want to get some options on the table before making decisions/commitments that will be favorable to them.  They couldn't possibly want favorable matchups, right??   In any event, it looks like American Heritage did reach out to them on twitter and is willing to travel to Lakeland week 11 but no response back.  HUH??

From what I've seen on Twitter our athletic department reached out twice,but I'm not sure if they responded or not  just javei seen any updates on Twitter.

I would love to see my school play Lakeland