SFla tough guy exposed?

LakelandGator

Apparently the Mater Dei/Miami Central game was smoke/mirrors and someone on another site gave the low down on what really happened.

Copied/pasted statement below by "Covercorner" :ph34r:

It's too bad this game won't be played. It's been a back and forth of he said, she said, behind the scenes. And we'll never probably get why MC decided not to play. For some reason MC was all gung-ho to play this game. Kept asking why MD was taking so long to sign contracts etc. For one, told MC never sent contacts to MD. And the one thing you have to keep in mind with MD, they do their due diligence - they take their time, are slower than other schools to make things happen. Thats because they don't jump the gun before crossing the t's and dotting the i's.. I've seen too may schools/games fall apart because schools talk too much and do things half ass backwards. 

Once MD was confirming on its end to go ahead with the game, MC said it didn't have a stadium to play in! How could you not secure a place of game of this magnitude? On the account MD took too long. Also, they wanted to play on a Saturday, at 1 pm.. So that slowed things down, but apparently MC found a place to play.. 

And once that was squared away, MD was waiting for the contracts... and it was a done deal. And that time, MC all of a sudden decided not to play anymore. And this is where the he said, she said comes into play - said MC got wind of what MD returns, and I don't think realized 18-of 22 return and got the low-down from an insider close to MD. Enough said.

Then for whatever reason MC was no longer interested in playing, and thus contracts were never sent by MC's AD. MD even decide to give in to playing at 1 pm on Saturday... Still not interested. 

For team who kept talking about taking on all comers and going on Miami Central Hater World Tour they sure changed their tune, or those close to Miami Central making posts on FB on how how bad they were going to beat Mater Dei..  what happened? Someone needs to make it make sense! 

I wrote on Scorestream a long time ago that Mater Dei would never dare to schedule any of the Florida powerhouses during their "up" years. They wouldn't play Lakeland or Central last season, they wouldn't play IMG when Noah Cain and Trey Sanders were there, they wouldn't play STA in 2019. They never even tried to play Manatee when Coach Kinnan was there nor MNW during the early 2000's. So how can we assume off of the word of "Covercorner," on the Prep Gridiron board, that Central is completely at fault for this game falling through? It becomes even more difficult to believe when they actually have a record of taking on the IMG's, Gorman's, SJB's, and STA's, etc. So why would Mater Dei be different? 

49 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

I wrote on Scorestream a long time ago that Mater Dei would never dare to schedule any of the Florida powerhouses during their "up" years. They wouldn't play Lakeland or Central last season, they wouldn't play IMG when Noah Cain and Trey Sanders were there, they wouldn't play STA in 2019. They never even tried to play Manatee when Coach Kinnan was there nor MNW during the early 2000's. So how can we assume off of the word of "Covercorner," on the Prep Gridiron board, that Central is completely at fault for this game falling through? It becomes even more difficult to believe when they actually have a record of taking on the IMG's, Gorman's, SJB's, and STA's, etc. So why would Mater Dei be different? 

I agree with everything you said. Miami Central does not shy away from tough competition. I'm not sure who's at fault but Miami Central is not scared to play anyone 

2010 lost to Camden County 45-42

2010 won against Madison 48-6

2010 won against Prattville 49-28

2012 lost to Grayson 35-3

2012 lost to Manatee 44-34 

2013 won against Don Bosco Prep 50-21

2014 won against Hoover 24-21

2014 won against Stephenson 21-20

2015 lost to Dematha 38-14

2017 won against Bishop Gorman 24-20 

2017 lost to IMG Academy 24-15

2018 lost to St. John's 37-35

2018 won against St. Thomas Aquinas 43-27

2019 lost to Saint Frances Academy 49-13

2021 lost to St. John Bosco 35-12

2021 lost to Bishop Gorman 21-20

2022 won against IMG Academy 20-14

19 hours ago, FBGUY1989 said:

I agree with everything you said. Miami Central does not shy away from tough competition. I'm not sure who's at fault but Miami Central is not scared to play anyone 

2010 lost to Camden County 45-42

2010 won against Madison 48-6

2010 won against Prattville 49-28

2012 lost to Grayson 35-3

2012 lost to Manatee 44-34 

2013 won against Don Bosco Prep 50-21

2014 won against Hoover 24-21

2014 won against Stephenson 21-20

2015 lost to Dematha 38-14

2017 won against Bishop Gorman 24-20 

2017 lost to IMG Academy 24-15

2018 lost to St. John's 37-35

2018 won against St. Thomas Aquinas 43-27

2019 lost to Saint Frances Academy 49-13

2021 lost to St. John Bosco 35-12

2021 lost to Bishop Gorman 21-20

2022 won against IMG Academy 20-14

Exactly. Central never backs down from anyone. 

On 3/31/2023 at 5:38 PM, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Also the fact that gardenstateballer keeps pinning it on MC and throwing out money numbers PGL offered them. Saying they squandered an opportunity. Also the fact he's saying the game was set back in February is odd as well cause we all know nothing is set in stone that early down here. Central is never one to back down from a challenge ever

6 hours ago, KeemD321 said:

Also the fact that gardenstateballer keeps pinning it on MC and throwing out money numbers PGL offered them. Saying they squandered an opportunity. Also the fact he's saying the game was set back in February is odd as well cause we all know nothing is set in stone that early down here. Central is never one to back down from a challenge ever

That GSB guy is in a world of his own. He lies about everything. Nothing reliable ever comes from him. 

4 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

That GSB guy is in a world of his own. He lies about everything. Nothing reliable ever comes from him. 

Exactly the reason why I take everything with a grain of salt on that forum. I don't even post there anymore. Too much he say she say and little facts. Everytime a match-up is in works he's so called directly involved and if it doesn't works out he bashes the team not from the west coast. Whatever fits his narrative. 

32 minutes ago, KeemD321 said:

Exactly the reason why I take everything with a grain of salt on that forum. I don't even post there anymore. Too much he say she say and little facts. Everytime a match-up is in works he's so called directly involved and if it doesn't works out he bashes the team not from the west coast. Whatever fits his narrative. 

I never actually created an account on that site. The PrepGridiron board is a trainwreck living on borrowed time. Reading posts from people like GSB, HawgGoneit, Terrapin, and RedZone have made me glad I didn't. I think the owner abandoned the project in 2018 which would explain a lot of the disinformation and rule breaking there. 

14 hours ago, KeemD321 said:

GSB is a piece of work. Kind of like NoleBull on steroids. HawgGonnit is okay. I had no problem with him. 

10 hours ago, KeemD321 said:

So let me get this straight. The same guy(GSB) who gave MC some bogus national championship that no credible poll in America gave them, and who swings on their nads any chance he gets, is now the same guy bashing them and throwing them under the bus?

Make it make sense because I don't buy it. :rolleyes:

On 3/31/2023 at 5:38 PM, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

You are an internet fanboy who has have never played nor coached anywhere.

Nobody in Florida was beating MD nor St John Bosco last year. Ask Chaminade if you need more proof.

MC coach did what he always does by running his mouth on social media and Mater Dei called his bluff until that clown realized how much talent the Monarchs return from last season. Coaching is the x-factor when both teams are loaded with talent. One again see Chaminade for details on what happens when one loaded roster face another "loaded roster with bigtime coaching". :ph34r:

Yes GSB is a joke but he's also the biggest MC fan in high school polls. The fact that he of all people called them out should tell you something.

10 hours ago, LakelandGator said:

You are an internet fanboy who has have never played nor coached anywhere.

Nobody in Florida was beating MD nor St John Bosco last year. Ask Chaminade if you need more proof.

MC coach did what he always does by running his mouth on social media and Mater Dei called his bluff until that clown realized how much talent the Monarchs return from last season. Coaching is the x-factor when both teams are loaded with talent. One again see Chaminade for details on what happens when one loaded roster face another "loaded roster with bigtime coaching". :ph34r:

Yes GSB is a joke but he's also the biggest MC fan in high school polls. The fact that he of all people called them out should tell you something.

It's nice to know that you can't defeat my argument on merit, so you have to resort to ad hominem in the very first line of your post to try to discredit what I wrote. But still, my point stands. Miami Central has a record of taking on the "big and bad'' regardless of location. In @FBGUY1989's previous post, many of the teams that Central played on that list were on the road. Mater Dei, on the other hand, has yet to schedule a team from any part of Florida. IMG doesn't count because they receive transfers from all over the globe. An example is that in 2017, their kicker transferred in from Japan and barely knew English. I can't even imagine how difficult it is to assimilate to an environment like that. But I digress.

If a game between Central and Mater Dei was going to happen at all, it should have been played last season when Central was fielding their best team in school history and Mater Dei was relatively young. But of course Mater Dei waits until the shoe is on the other foot to even talk about scheduling a South Florida team. They call themselves "the King of HSFB," but won't play any of the South Florida squads. I will believe the team that has an actual track record of playing the best no matter what over Mater Dei, who has yet to play any team from Florida any day of the week. 

On 4/3/2023 at 11:36 AM, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Mater Dei, on the other hand, has yet to schedule a team from any part of Florida. IMG doesn't count because they receive transfers from all over the globe. 

If a game between Central and Mater Dei was going to happen at all, it should have been played last season when Central was fielding their best team in school history and Mater Dei was relatively young. 

IMG doesn't count because it kills your stupid argument. Yet they are and have been the #1 program in Fla for at least the last 7 years no matter where their kids come from.

I don't need to defend MD nor do I plan on doing it, but you nor anyone else on this site has any idea when/where/why they schedule the teams they schedule. I does appear to me that they "rarely" travel east of Texas for games. I don't know why and neither do you, and I'm a rocket scientist compared to you.B)

As I already said you're just a internet clown trying to sound like some guru.

Look at what you said, "MD wouldn't play MC last year but wants to play them this year".

How do you know that as an absolute fact? You also say MD was young last year. News flash, pretty much everyone is looking for an advantage, if it were not the case you wouldn't see schools with 20+ transfers every year. They would re-build the program with the kids returning and their JV kids.

But I wouldn't expect someone like you to understand that.

You post sounds like a MC cheerleader or street agent. If you are going by the BS coming from those people you would be a fool to take them at their word.

And I know that for a "fact". 

2 hours ago, LakelandGator said:

IMG doesn't count because it kills your stupid argument. Yet they are and have been the #1 program in Fla for at least the last 7 years no matter where their kids come from.

I don't need to defend MD nor do I plan on doing it, but you nor anyone else on this site has any idea when/where/why they schedule the teams they schedule. I does appear to me that they "rarely" travel east of Texas for games. I don't know why and neither do you, and I'm a rocket scientist compared to you.B)

As I already said you're just a internet clown trying to sound like some guru.

Look at what you said, "MD wouldn't play MC last year but wants to play them this year".

How do you know that as an absolute fact? You also say MD was young last year. News flash, pretty much everyone is looking for an advantage, if it were not the case you wouldn't see schools with 20+ transfers every year. They would re-build the program with the kids returning and their JV kids.

But I wouldn't expect someone like you to understand that.

You post sounds like a MC cheerleader or street agent. If you are going by the BS coming from those people you would be a fool to take them at their word.

And I know that for a "fact". 

Thank you for once again demonstrating through an unrelenting onslaught of logical fallacies and falsehoods that you have no way to defeat my argument on merit. You say you don't need to defend Mater Dei and you don't intend to? Well, then what have you been doing this whole time? Because you make it seem as if Central is completely at fault for this game falling through on the word of someone named "Covercorner" from that flaming trainwreck of a message board that has been surviving on life support for far too long. 

You see LakelandGator, I have this really bad habit of believing what I see with my own eyes. My eyes tell me that Miami Central has a record of taking on OOS competition and winning some and losing some. My eyes also tell me that Mater Dei has yet to schedule STA, Miami Central, Northwestern, American Heritage, or similar. Now, that statement in and of itself isn't necessarily an endorsement of or insult to either program. It's a simple observation.

What confuses me is that about 8 sentences in, you acknowledge that Mater Dei rarely travels East of Texas for road games. A point of common ground that we can both agree on, but instead of expounding on this point and explaining your reasoning, you chose to follow it up with a multitude of logically fallacious insults to my intelligence that served no purpose. 

Your point about IMG is demonstrably incorrect. IMG is no longer the best team in the state on a year-to-year basis. I can name at least 5 teams in the state that would have defeated IMG in 2022: Lakeland, STA, American Heritage, CMD, and Central (who did.) You could also easily argue that Central was a blocked punt away from beating IMG in 2017. SO no, IMG is not the best team in Florida every year. They are a training grounds for athletes who want to make it to the NFL by all means possible. Miami kids work harder than anyone else because some of them feel that football is their only way out of their environment. Talent doesn't just grow on trees; you have to work for it every day to obtain it. Again, not cheerleading for Central. I'm a Venice fan after all. Just an observation.

What I like most about your previous post, though, is that you begin by proclaiming that GSB is terrible. Everybody agrees that Joe Maimone is a lying fool that lives on his own planet and can't be trusted about anything. But then in a backhanded way you give him credence by implying that he had a point in going back on his word and "calling out Central," for the game falling through the cracks. Condemning him in one line and then telling me that he does have a point on the next, knowing full well that this guy is a shapeshifter and probably has no insight whatsoever, hurts your argument.

In the end, I believe what people in Miami have told me about the situation surrounding the Mater Dei-Central game falling through. Particularly, because they ought to be far more knowledgeable about what goes on in that part of the state than I am. And you have every right to believe whatever those lying clowns on the PrepGridiron board tell you about it. 

4 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

Hey now! You hate me cuz I’m beautiful :P

We've never met. So, I have no idea what physical attributes you possesses. But since I am not of a particular persuasion. even if you were an Adonis, it would mean naught to me. 

In any case, I did acknowledge you weren't as bad as GSB. 

13 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

We've never met. So, I have no idea what physical attributes you possesses. But since I am not of a particular persuasion. even if you were an Adonis, it would mean naught to me. 

Not trying to get in the middle of you and Nolebull, literally or figuratively, but I couldn't help but notice how you artfully sidestepped Florida's "Don't Say Gay" law, while still getting your point across.   :P

On 4/11/2023 at 9:01 AM, Perspective said:

Not trying to get in the middle of you and Nolebull, literally or figuratively, but I couldn't help but notice how you artfully sidestepped Florida's "Don't Say Gay" law, while still getting your point across.   :P

You were told to knock that crap off Pinstripes. I will state this again since, you didn't read correctly last time: KNOCK THAT CRAP OFF PINSTRIPES!   

On 4/11/2023 at 9:01 AM, Perspective said:

Pinstripes, you can make all the "confused" faces that you want, but you know that when I stare a fact, command, or order, I mean business. I know very well how to handle people in your profession Pinstripes, whether ambulance-chasers or out-of-control, Empire State, Cesspool-City District Attorneys.  I don't want to read that fiction again from you on this message board Pinstripes. 

On 4/10/2023 at 9:06 PM, DarterBlue2 said:

I see that you have provided your input on my very well-made and correct point with a sad face, DarterBlue2. There is no need for that sort of reaction from you, because we both know how much that you enjoy reading what I have to say, and have much you have learned from me over the years as well. You're welcome again. 

8 hours ago, Jambun82 said:

I see that you have provided your input on my very well-made and correct point with a sad face, DarterBlue2. There is no need for that sort of reaction from you, because we both know how much that you enjoy reading what I have to say, and have much you have learned from me over the years as well. You're welcome again. 

What I have learned from reading your various posts is a new appreciation for the ignorance and arrogance that humanity seems capable of exhibiting. I am not sure that one should be grateful for that, as, frankly, I find it depressing. 

13 hours ago, Jambun82 said:

Pinstripes, you can make all the "confused" faces that you want, but you know that when I stare a fact, command, or order, I mean business. I know very well how to handle people in your profession Pinstripes, whether ambulance-chasers or out-of-control, Empire State, Cesspool-City District Attorneys.  I don't want to read that fiction again from you on this message board Pinstripes. 

Jambun, let me break this down in a way that even you can understand:

1.  Darter posted a post in which he described a poster from another site/message board.  Darter stated the guy was a piece of work . . . and then jokingly added "kind of like NoleBull on steroids." 

2.  Nolebull obviously understood Darter's humor and responded to Darter's comment by jokingly stating:  "You hate me cuz I'm beautiful."  We all know Nolebull was kidding around, because he ended his post with this emoji: " :P " ,which is generally understood to convey a sense of wackiness, buffoonery or joking around. 

3.  Darter knew Nolebull was kidding around, as Darter responded with the LOL emoji (:lol:). 

4.  Continuing the playful banter, Darter then replied to Nolebull's post, essentially saying:  hey, I've never met you so I don't know what you look like, but "even if you were an Adonis, it would mean naught to me."  Now, you don't even have to remember your Greek mythology to know that the term Adonis generally describes a handsome or beautiful man.  So, what I believe Darter was saying is, 'hey, I don't care if you're great looking or not; you're a guy and I'm a guy and therefore I would not be interested in you no matter how attractive you are.'   But Darter cleverly made his point without using the term "homosexual" or "gay" or anything similar to that. 

5.  I happen to appreciate people who can make a point in a subtle way (something you may not be able to comprehend).  So, I decided to post something showing my appreciation to Darter's ability to get his point across without using certain words. 

6.  As a reminder, the Florida legislature recently enacted legislation, and the governor of Florida signed into law, a bill that precludes educators from discussing the concept of homosexuality with children under a certain age/grade.   This law has been generally referred to, by and in the media and elsewhere, as the "Don't Say Gay" law.  Some people agree with it; some people don't.  That is irrelevant.  My opinion on the law is irrelevant, as is yours and everyone else's on this board.  What is relevant is that unless you've been living under a rock the past year, most everyone is familiar with the "Don't Say Gay" law. It has even sparked a war between our governor and the largest single-site employer in this state's largest industry.  But I digress.

7.   In my post, I jokingly (note the use of the :P emoji) congratulated Darter for being able to say he wasn't gay without using the word gay, as the use of the word could, under certain circumstances, be considered by some to be a violation of Florida law.  Darter obviously appreciated my humor as evidenced by his :lol: reply.  My post was not a commentary on the law itself, but simply Darter's ability to communicate in a way that didn't violate the commonly-used title of the law. 

8.  I'm really not sure how or why my post bothered you so much.  There is, admittedly, a side of me that's curious.  But, the "larger side" of me doesn't really care.   I'm tired of your shtick.  It was funny for a while, but I'm afraid that you have been emboldened by some early, positive responses and have taken it to an extreme.  Actually, I can only hope that it's a shtick and that you've simply adopted this "I'm the smartest man in the world and you should all bow down to me" alter ego for purposes of posting on this site.   Because, if that's not the case, man, I would sure hate to have you as an official in one of my games. 

(By the way, if you're going to continue to chastise or threaten me, it's probably not a good idea for you to DM me and ask me for legal advice again). 

As always, just my perspective. 

10 hours ago, Perspective said:

Jambun, let me break this down in a way that even you can understand:

1.  Darter posted a post in which he described a poster from another site/message board.  Darter stated the guy was a piece of work . . . and then jokingly added "kind of like NoleBull on steroids." 

2.  Nolebull obviously understood Darter's humor and responded to Darter's comment by jokingly stating:  "You hate me cuz I'm beautiful."  We all know Nolebull was kidding around, because he ended his post with this emoji: " :P " ,which is generally understood to convey a sense of wackiness, buffoonery or joking around. 

3.  Darter knew Nolebull was kidding around, as Darter responded with the LOL emoji (:lol:). 

4.  Continuing the playful banter, Darter then replied to Nolebull's post, essentially saying:  hey, I've never met you so I don't know what you look like, but "even if you were an Adonis, it would mean naught to me."  Now, you don't even have to remember your Greek mythology to know that the term Adonis generally describes a handsome or beautiful man.  So, what I believe Darter was saying is, 'hey, I don't care if you're great looking or not; you're a guy and I'm a guy and therefore I would not be interested in you no matter how attractive you are.'   But Darter cleverly made his point without using the term "homosexual" or "gay" or anything similar to that. 

5.  I happen to appreciate people who can make a point in a subtle way (something you may not be able to comprehend).  So, I decided to post something showing my appreciation to Darter's ability to get his point across without using certain words. 

6.  As a reminder, the Florida legislature recently enacted legislation, and the governor of Florida signed into law, a bill that precludes educators from discussing the concept of homosexuality with children under a certain age/grade.   This law has been generally referred to, by and in the media and elsewhere, as the "Don't Say Gay" law.  Some people agree with it; some people don't.  That is irrelevant.  My opinion on the law is irrelevant, as is yours and everyone else's on this board.  What is relevant is that unless you've been living under a rock the past year, most everyone is familiar with the "Don't Say Gay" law. It has even sparked a war between our governor and the largest single-site employer in this state's largest industry.  But I digress.

7.   In my post, I jokingly (note the use of the :P emoji) congratulated Darter for being able to say he wasn't gay without using the word gay, as the use of the word could, under certain circumstances, be considered by some to be a violation of Florida law.  Darter obviously appreciated my humor as evidenced by his :lol: reply.  My post was not a commentary on the law itself, but simply Darter's ability to communicate in a way that didn't violate the commonly-used title of the law. 

8.  I'm really not sure how or why my post bothered you so much.  There is, admittedly, a side of me that's curious.  But, the "larger side" of me doesn't really care.   I'm tired of your shtick.  It was funny for a while, but I'm afraid that you have been emboldened by some early, positive responses and have taken it to an extreme.  Actually, I can only hope that it's a shtick and that you've simply adopted this "I'm the smartest man in the world and you should all bow down to me" alter ego for purposes of posting on this site.   Because, if that's not the case, man, I would sure hate to have you as an official in one of my games. 

(By the way, if you're going to continue to chastise or threaten me, it's probably not a good idea for you to DM me and ask me for legal advice again). 

As always, just my perspective. 

Pinstripes, you know when I state a fact, command, or order, that I mean business. My fact, command, or order is that, from now on, you will refer to the bill by it's proper name: "The Parental Rights in Education" Law. I would never "threaten" you, because what I state on this message board is almost always an absolute fact that anyone can take to the bank and exchange for cash Pinstripes. As far as me being "an official for one of your games" that is problematic, because I have never confirmed or denied that I am an official, and nobody really knows on this message board for sure if I am an official. That goes without saying that I don't know if you are a Coach or not anyway. Also, I did not DM you for legal advice, I sent you a message because I was selected for jury duty, and I had some questions about the process. You were very helpful with my questions by the way. Pinstripes, I think that we both know the truth that you consider it an honor and privilege to speak with me, and like I said: YOU'RE WELCOME AGAIN PINSTRIPES! 

14 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

What I have learned from reading your various posts is a new appreciation for the ignorance and arrogance that humanity seems capable of exhibiting. I am not sure that one should be grateful for that, as, frankly, I find it depressing. 

Yes, you have realized that there are many people whose ignorance shines through when compared to my enlightened, and take-it-to-the-bank and exchange it for cash observations and overall brilliance. There are many arrogant people that, unlike me, cannot back it up and get exposed. When I make a statement, the general feeling is "Jambun82 must be a Genius!" Your opinion of me grows by leaps and bounds as it does for most, if not all, posters to this message board. You're welcome again. 

4 minutes ago, Jambun82 said:

Yes, you have realized that there are many people whose ignorance shines through when compared to my enlightened, and take-it-to-the-bank and exchange it for cash observations and overall brilliance. There are many arrogant people that, unlike me, cannot back it up and get exposed. When I make a statement, the general feeling is "Jambun82 must be a Genius!" Your opinion of me grows by leaps and bounds as it does for most, if not all, posters to this message board. You're welcome again. 

I would add delusional to my critique which you quoted. I am truly glad I am not a football coach and don't live in Volusia County. I would be deeply disturbed if you had to serve as part of the crew assigned to any game I coached in. 

I wish you well as long as you are at a distance.