SFla tough guy exposed?

LakelandGator

30 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

I would add delusional to my critique which you quoted. I am truly glad I am not a football coach and don't live in Volusia County. I would be deeply disturbed if you had to serve as part of the crew assigned to any game I coached in. 

I wish you well as long as you are at a distance. 

You're welcome again, DarterBlue2. 

If we’re done arguing over who is smarter than whom, does anyone plan on discussing the original topic matter which entails the Mater Dei-Central game falling through? I certainly hope so.  Does anyone on here have any details beyond what myself, LakelandGator, FBGUY, etc. have already said?

14 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

If we’re done arguing over who is smarter than whom, does anyone plan on discussing the original topic matter which entails the Mater Dei-Central game falling through? I certainly hope so.  Does anyone on here have any details beyond what myself, LakelandGator, FBGUY, etc. have already said?

They kill me when go off topic for posts and posts. There has been a lot of back and forth. I don't think we will ever really know. 

On 4/14/2023 at 10:04 PM, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Let's put the blame squarely where it belongs, on Pinstripes. The man purposely lied and misrepresented a well-respected and supported bill recently passed by the State Legislature and signed into law by the Governor. I called him out about it, and he deserves to be held accountable for his actions.  A person in Pinstripe's profession should know better, and conduct himself accordingly. 

On 4/14/2023 at 10:20 PM, MC Rockets said:

They kill me when go off topic for posts and posts. There has been a lot of back and forth. I don't think we will ever really know. 

Yes, we will know when Pinstripes acknowledges his wrongdoing in lying and misrepresenting a law supporting Parental Rights and holding taxpayer-funded public servants accountable.  

13 hours ago, Jambun82 said:

Let's put the blame squarely where it belongs, on Pinstripes. The man purposely lied and misrepresented a well-respected and supported bill recently passed by the State Legislature and signed into law by the Governor. I called him out about it, and he deserves to be held accountable for his actions.  A person in Pinstripe's profession should know better, and conduct himself accordingly. 

Yes, we will know when Pinstripes acknowledges his wrongdoing in lying and misrepresenting a law supporting Parental Rights and holding taxpayer-funded public servants accountable.  

Ok, so this is why you've got your panties in a wad?!?  Seriously? 

First, in my post, I specifically said that:  "This law has been generally referred to, by and in the media and elsewhere, as the "Don't Say Gay" law."     But, because I referred to the legislation by the name that it is commonly known as (rightfully or wrongfully) instead of the title of the bill, that somehow makes me a liar?  WTF??  What exactly did I lie about or misrepresent? 

Well, if the answer is that I lied about or misrepresented the true purpose of the bill (which would have been pretty hard for me to do since I never really discussed the substance of the bill/law itself), apparently I'm in pretty good company (see below). 

Jambun, you seem to want to throw your yellow flag on anyone and everyone that misrepresents the true wording/purpose of the law.  Well, I'm going to make this easy on you.   Here's just a short list of all the media sites that you can send a letter to and let them know that they are lying and misrepresenting things.  Oh, and just to really make it easy on you, I've highlighted where in the article - or the headline - the phrase appears and the name of the media outlet that reported the story.  And while I was concerned that Fox affiliates might not use that phrase, my concerns clearly were not warranted, as the phrase "Don't Say Gay" shows up frequently on their stories and in their headlines for articles on the topic. 

Here's a starting point:  

1.  "Public school teachers in Florida are banned from holding classroom instruction about sexual orientation or gender identity after Florida's Gov. Ron DeSantis, a Republican, signed the controversial "Parental Rights in Education" bill.

The bill, which some opponents have called "Don't Say Gay," was signed by DeSantis on Monday."

www.NPR.org

2.  "Republican lawmakers in Florida appear likely to expand provisions in the Parental Rights in Education Act, or so-called ‘Don’t Say Gay’ Law with a host of new restrictions on what teachers can and cannot say in their classrooms about gender, sex, and sexual orientation."

www.time.com

(Time Magazine)

3.  "As the parental rights law – now known around the country as "Don't Say Gay" – moved through the Florida Legislature last year, supporters insisted it was about protecting young children, in grades K-3, from lessons that some parents deem inappropriate for that age group."

www.Tallahassee.com (Tallahassee Democrat)

4.  "Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis' administration is eyeing the possibility of expanding his state's Parental Rights in Education law to grades K-12.

The controversial law, signed into law last nearly a year ago, originally prohibited instruction on gender identity and sexual orientation in kindergarten through the twelfth grade and additionally clamping down on instruction in later grades to ensure they are "age appropriate." 

At the time, critics were quick to hit back at the proposal, slamming the bill as "Don't Say Gay" for allegedly stifling free expression of (and stripping the identities of) the LGBTQ+ community in Florida's classroom conversations."

www.foxnews.com

5. What does Florida's 'Don't Say Gay' bill actually do?

Headline from www.fox61.com website

6. Controversial 'Don't Say Gay' bill passes Florida House

Headline from www.Fox13News.com website

7.  "Republican presidential candidate Nikki Haley told a New Hampshire audience the controversial “don’t say gay” education law signed by the governor of Florida, Ron DeSantis, does not go “far enough”."

www.theguardian.com

8. DeSantis to expand ‘Don’t Say Gay’ law to all grades

www.Fox8.com headline

9.  "ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — For the second time in about a month, a lawsuit challenging Florida’s so-called “don’t say gay” legislation restricting teaching on gender identity and sexual orientation in schools has been dismissed by a federal judge."

www.Fox19.com"

10. " In March 2022, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis signed into law the Parental Rights in Education bill, better known as the “Don’t Say Gay” bill (the Bill) by its opponents."

www.law.georgetown.edu

11.  "TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) — Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis ′ administration is moving to forbid classroom instruction on sexual orientation and gender identity in all grades, expanding the controversial law critics call “Don’t Say Gay as the Republican governor continues to focus on cultural issues ahead of his expected presidential run. "

www.APnews.com

12.  "This spring, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis signed into law HB 1557, the notorious “Don’t Say Gay” bill. The law takes effect July 1, 2022. The “Don’t Say Gay” law was immediately challenged as unconstitutional on multiple grounds in a lawsuit filed on behalf of LGBTQ+ advocacy organizations, Equality Florida and Family Equality, and several students, parents and educators.
No immediate ruling is expected in this important case. This short overview is intended to provide immediate guidance for members and allies confronting efforts to enforce the “Don’t Say Gay” law in their schools and classrooms."

www.nea.org

You are, of course, welcome to seek out others who have somehow 'lied or misrepresented' the legislation by using the phrase "Don't Say Gay," but give yourself a little time.   My Google search on the phrase "Don't Say Gay" yielded 609,000,000 results in 0.42 seconds. 

Sir, I generally enjoy reading your posts and I would be remiss if I didn't say that they do make me chuckle from time-to-time. However, I want to put the politics away and just talk football. Thank you.

5 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Sir, I generally enjoy reading your posts and I would be remiss if I didn't say that they do make me chuckle from time-to-time. However, I want to put the politics away and just talk football. Thank you.

Then tell Pinstripes to call the bill signed into law by its correct name: The Parental Rights in Education Bill, not the name given by the pressure lobby who opposed the bill. 

5 hours ago, Perspective said:

First, in my post, I specifically said that:  "This law has been generally referred to, by and in the media and elsewhere, as the "Don't Say Gay" law."     But, because I referred to the legislation by the name that it is commonly known as (rightfully or wrongfully) instead of the title of the bill, that somehow makes me a liar?  WTF??  What exactly did I lie about or misrepresent? 

Well, if the answer is that I lied about or misrepresented the true purpose of the bill (which would have been pretty hard for me to do since I never really discussed the substance of the bill/law itself), apparently I'm in pretty good company (see below). 

Jambun, you seem to want to throw your yellow flag on anyone and everyone that misrepresents the true wording/purpose of the law.  Well, I'm going to make this easy on you.   Here's just a short list of all the media sites that you can send a letter to and let them know that they are lying and misrepresenting things.  Oh, and just to really make it easy on you, I've highlighted where in the article - or the headline - the phrase appears and the name of the media outlet that reported the story.  And while I was concerned that Fox affiliates might not use that phrase, my concerns clearly were not warranted, as the phrase "Don't Say Gay" shows up frequently on their stories and in their headlines for articles on the topic. 

Here's a starting point:  

1.  "Public school teachers in Florida are banned from holding classroom instruction about sexual orientation or gender identity after Florida's Gov. Ron DeSantis, a Republican, signed the controversial "Parental Rights in Education" bill.

The bill, which some opponents have called "Don't Say Gay," was signed by DeSantis on Monday."

www.NPR.org

2.  "Republican lawmakers in Florida appear likely to expand provisions in the Parental Rights in Education Act, or so-called ‘Don’t Say Gay’ Law with a host of new restrictions on what teachers can and cannot say in their classrooms about gender, sex, and sexual orientation."

www.time.com

(Time Magazine)

3.  "As the parental rights law – now known around the country as "Don't Say Gay" – moved through the Florida Legislature last year, supporters insisted it was about protecting young children, in grades K-3, from lessons that some parents deem inappropriate for that age group."

4.  "Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis' administration is eyeing the possibility of expanding his state's Parental Rights in Education law to grades K-12.

The controversial law, signed into law last nearly a year ago, originally prohibited instruction on gender identity and sexual orientation in kindergarten through the twelfth grade and additionally clamping down on instruction in later grades to ensure they are "age appropriate." 

At the time, critics were quick to hit back at the proposal, slamming the bill as "Don't Say Gay" for allegedly stifling free expression of (and stripping the identities of) the LGBTQ+ community in Florida's classroom conversations."

www.foxnews.com

7.  "Republican presidential candidate Nikki Haley told a New Hampshire audience the controversial “don’t say gay” education law signed by the governor of Florida, Ron DeSantis, does not go “far enough”."

www.theguardian.com

www.Fox8.com headline

9.  "ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — For the second time in about a month, a lawsuit challenging Florida’s so-called “don’t say gay” legislation restricting teaching on gender identity and sexual orientation in schools has been dismissed by a federal judge."

www.Fox19.com"

10. " In March 2022, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis signed into law the Parental Rights in Education bill, better known as the “Don’t Say Gay” bill (the Bill) by its opponents."

www.law.georgetown.edu

11.  "TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) — Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis ′ administration is moving to forbid classroom instruction on sexual orientation and gender identity in all grades, expanding the controversial law critics call “Don’t Say Gay as the Republican governor continues to focus on cultural issues ahead of his expected presidential run. "

www.APnews.com

12.  "This spring, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis signed into law HB 1557, the notorious “Don’t Say Gay” bill. The law takes effect July 1, 2022. The “Don’t Say Gay” law was immediately challenged as unconstitutional on multiple grounds in a lawsuit filed on behalf of LGBTQ+ advocacy organizations, Equality Florida and Family Equality, and several students, parents and educators.
No immediate ruling is expected in this important case. This short overview is intended to provide immediate guidance for members and allies confronting efforts to enforce the “Don’t Say Gay” law in their schools and classrooms."

www.nea.org

You are, of course, welcome to seek out others who have somehow 'lied or misrepresented' the legislation by using the phrase "Don't Say Gay," but give yourself a little time.   My Google search on the phrase "Don't Say Gay" yielded 609,000,000 results in 0.42 seconds. 

Pinstripes, the name is the bill singed into law is The Parental Rights in Education Bill, not the name that you refer to, which the pressure lobby who opposed the bill purposely lied and misrepresented to try to kill the bill in committee. I expect a lot better from a person of your Education, and Stature. Do you understand what I am saying, and have I made myself clear to you?    

Jambun, how's your one-man "Don't Say 'Don't Say Gay'" Campaign going?  Did you get your letters or emails out to NPR, Time Magazine, the Tallahassee Democrat, Fox News, the NEA, the AP, all the Fox TV affiliates and all the other media outlets that have used, and continue to use, the "Don't Say Gay" term when talking about the Parental Rights in Education Bill?  This issue obviously concerns you a great deal -- why else would you accuse a man of lying and misrepresenting things for simply using that term in a joking way?

In any event, and unless you continue to throw false accusations my way, I'm done with this topic.  I'll try my best not to use the term "Don't Say Gay" in this high school football forum when talking about the Parental Rights in Education Bill because, obviously, the term "Don't Say Gay" triggers you. 

1 hour ago, Perspective said:

Jambun, how's your one-man "Don't Say 'Don't Say Gay'" Campaign going?  Did you get your letters or emails out to NPR, Time Magazine, the Tallahassee Democrat, Fox News, the NEA, the AP, all the Fox TV affiliates and all the other media outlets that have used, and continue to use, the "Don't Say Gay" term when talking about the Parental Rights in Education Bill?  This issue obviously concerns you a great deal -- why else would you accuse a man of lying and misrepresenting things for simply using that term in a joking way?

In any event, and unless you continue to throw false accusations my way, I'm done with this topic.  I'll try my best not to use the term "Don't Say Gay" in this high school football forum when talking about the Parental Rights in Education Bill because, obviously, the term "Don't Say Gay" triggers you. 

Pinstripes, just call the bill by its correct name, The Parental Rights in Education Bill, and that will end this "discussion."  This is very reasonable on my part as, deep down, I know that you will 100% agree Pinstripes. 

21 hours ago, Perspective said:

Here's a starting point:  

www.NPR.org

www.time.com

(Time Magazine)

www.foxnews.com

www.theguardian.com

www.Fox8.com headline

www.Fox19.com"

www.law.georgetown.edu

www.APnews.com

www.nea.org

That title even repeated 609 million times clearly misrepresents the law and though using that phrase the big article on FOX on March 8, 2022 states the following, quote: "Democrats misleadingly call it the Don't Say Gay Bill.  Here's what's actually in the legislation".   Whether one agrees with it or not isn't the point, but rather the characterization happily regurgitated by probably 98% of all media.  And yes, I do prefer to talk about HS football which hopefully will pick up interest with the beginning of spring practices (04/24)! 

8 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

That title even repeated 609 million times clearly misrepresents the law and though using that phrase the big article on FOX on March 8, 2022 states the following, quote: "Democrats misleadingly call it the Don't Say Gay Bill.  Here's what's actually in the legislation".   Whether one agrees with it or not isn't the point, but rather the characterization happily regurgitated by probably 98% of all media.  And yes, I do prefer to talk about HS football which hopefully will pick up interest with the beginning of spring practices (04/25)! 

Great Point Ray. Then again, you make a lot of great points and observations. That is why you are a very welcome presence on this message board, and one of the most respected people who posts.  

On 3/31/2023 at 6:53 PM, FBGUY1989 said:

I agree with everything you said. Miami Central does not shy away from tough competition. I'm not sure who's at fault but Miami Central is not scared to play anyone 

2010 lost to Camden County 45-42

2010 won against Madison 48-6

2010 won against Prattville 49-28

2012 lost to Grayson 35-3

2012 lost to Manatee 44-34 

2013 won against Don Bosco Prep 50-21

2014 won against Hoover 24-21

2014 won against Stephenson 21-20

2015 lost to Dematha 38-14

2017 won against Bishop Gorman 24-20 

2017 lost to IMG Academy 24-15

2018 lost to St. John's 37-35

2018 won against St. Thomas Aquinas 43-27

2019 lost to Saint Frances Academy 49-13

2021 lost to St. John Bosco 35-12

2021 lost to Bishop Gorman 21-20

2022 won against IMG Academy 20-14

Sorry, been inactive for a bit but wanted to agree with your analysis that Central does not strike me as a school that would be afraid to play anyone in the country.  I am not privy to any info other than what is publicly available to anyone that wishes to look at their schedule for over the last dozen years.  Every single national power be from CA, GA, AL, OH, TX, Vegas or wherever only played them at home.  Central had to travel each and every time to get the match sometimes even in back-to-back seasons.  To their credit, St. Francis Academy is the ONLY out of state school that had the cojones to make the trip to FL.  Assume what you wish, but this track record doesn't bode well for the opinion that they chickened out.  

4 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

Sorry, been inactive for a bit but wanted to agree with your analysis that Central does not strike me as a school that would be afraid to play anyone in the country.  I am not privy to any info other than what is publicly available to anyone that wishes to look at their schedule for over the last dozen years.  Every single national power be from CA, GA, AL, OH, TX, Vegas or wherever only played them at home.  Central had to travel each and every time to get the match sometimes even in back-to-back seasons.  To their credit, St. Francis Academy is the ONLY out of state school that had the cojones to make the trip to FL.  Assume what you wish, but this track record doesn't bode well for the opinion that they chickened out.  

Nobody outside the state of FLA kisses Central butt more than GSB. His poll is the only one that placed them at #1 when the 2022 season ended, none of the more established polls did it, and with good reason.

Over the past weekend he continued to make the claim that MC refuses to play Mater Dei, even at home.

Why would one of their biggest fanboys continue saying that?

26 minutes ago, LakelandGator said:

Nobody outside the state of FLA kisses Central butt more than GSB. His poll is the only one that placed them at #1 when the 2022 season ended, none of the more established polls did it, and with good reason.

Over the past weekend he continued to make the claim that MC refuses to play Mater Dei, even at home.

He was their biggest fan because they were supposedly his top schools to work with. He seems more upset that Central isn't privy to using his services. 

As far as the polls not crowning Central it's basic knowledge that those polls had it determined that only MD and SJB were in the running to be crowned number 1 in those perspective polls as soon as the playoffs started unless they were both upset by lower teams. 

4 hours ago, LakelandGator said:

Your view is based on whoever GSB is, what he has said in the past including last year claiming Central #1 which you and the "established" polls call him out on, yet now he has another view and you buy that??  Seems like odd logic to follow. 

9 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

That title even repeated 609 million times clearly misrepresents the law and though using that phrase the big article on FOX on March 8, 2022 states the following, quote: "Democrats misleadingly call it the Don't Say Gay Bill.  Here's what's actually in the legislation".   Whether one agrees with it or not isn't the point, but rather the characterization happily regurgitated by probably 98% of all media.  And yes, I do prefer to talk about HS football which hopefully will pick up interest with the beginning of spring practices (04/24)! 

And I'm sure a number of posters on this forum who loved the ACA felt quite righteous calling it "Obamacare" .  And if you don't know what ACA stands for, then my point is made. It's all politics. Hypocrisy and politics. And this is a football forum. So let's get off our high horse and drop the politics.

And Ray, this point isn't to you in particular. Jam included.

4 hours ago, KeemD321 said:

He was their biggest fan because they were supposedly his top schools to work with. He seems more upset that Central isn't privy to using his services. 

As far as the polls not crowning Central it's basic knowledge that those polls had it determined that only MD and SJB were in the running to be crowned number 1 in those perspective polls as soon as the playoffs started unless they were both upset by lower teams. 

Exactly! I had a conversation with MP Zack Poff and he clearly wouldn't budge on not crowning SJB or MD champions. It was already predetermined. I even suggested having co-champions. As for as GSB, I have several conversations with him and his agenda is to promote his OOS plan, and if a team isn't on board they are blackballed. 

5 hours ago, LakelandGator said:

From your posts it's clear you have something against MC. I don't know why the game fell through, but I can assure you GSB's agenda is for self only and to make as much money as he can while making it seem like it's for the kids.

15 minutes ago, ExplorerHomer2 said:

And I'm sure a number of posters on this forum who loved the ACA felt quite righteous calling it "Obamacare" .  And if you don't know what ACA stands for, then my point is made. It's all politics. Hypocrisy and politics. And this is a football forum. So let's get off our high horse and drop the politics.

Just an old timer from Osceola county and have no pretense as a "High Horse".  As a retiree I know exactly what it stands for and how well it turned out.  Talk hypocrisy, interesting which two people you decided to single out.   Get a grip. 

26 minutes ago, ExplorerHomer2 said:

In the spirit of football, do you know if Manatee @ Columbus week 0 or Miami Northwestern @ Manatee week 1 are still on? I've heard that your game against the Hurricanes has fallen through, and that Manatee has scheduled IMG's Varsity team for the preseason instead.