Dillard Promotes Long Time JV coach Demetris mincey as Next Head coach.

THIS_IS_DILLARD

A lot of questions been going around on what happen to former dillard head coach Tyler Tate and why is he no longer the coach. 

After that disgusting lost to ely at home and failing to make it out the second round again, the community and administration felt that it was time to go into a different direction as Tate was relieved of his duties. 

upon his departure ; A lot of the transfers we got last year and the year before left as well. Along with a few assistant coaches. But in the eyes of the community The program still underperformed even with all those transfers so it was time to strip ship & refocus on getting back to what Dillard football really is and the direction we want to go in as a program. 

Who is demetris mincey ???

Mincey has been involved in the Dillard football program for eight years now & was recently the JV Head Coach, leading his team to an undefeated season. 

He has also won multiple little league championships & been in six consecutive title games. He is a mentor to a number of young Power Five prospects & is part of the @defcon1_7on7 program. 

mincey is viewed as the closest to late head coach Eddie Frazier as you can get. 

he brings fire, grit, fight &  the sheer determination to win & succeed to a varsity program who has been so close to getting over the hump in recent years but just couldn’t quite make the jump. 

This is going to be an interesting offseason to say the less can’t wait to see the finish product LETSSS GOOOO DILLARD!!

14 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

A lot of questions been going around on what happen to former dillard head coach Tyler Tate and why is he no longer the coach. 

After that disgusting lost to ely at home and failing to make it out the second round again, the community and administration felt that it was time to go into a different direction as Tate was relieved of his duties. 

upon his departure ; A lot of the transfers we got last year and the year before left as well. Along with a few assistant coaches. But in the eyes of the community The program still underperformed even with all those transfers so it was time to strip ship & refocus on getting back to what Dillard football really is and the direction we want to go in as a program. 

Dillard puts me in the mind of Northwestern. Your accolades from the past don't matter, but what matters is what you do now which is win and if that's not your motto then hit the door.

9 hours ago, FBGUY1989 said:

Dillard puts me in the mind of Northwestern. Your accolades from the past don't matter, but what matters is what you do now which is win and if that's not your motto then hit the door.

Exactly. & as for the program and community they’re no longer satisfied with just making it to the second round. They’re ready to do whatever it takes to finally get over that hump. 

from 2014-2017 that was our “REBUILD” period.

in 2018 we went (8-3) first round exit 

2019 under first year head coach Eddie Frazier Dillard Went 10-0 & over all (12-1)

2020- under first year head coach Tyler Tate after the sudden passing of my good friend Eddie Dillard went (6-0) & won the first ever tru county championship. 

2021 Dillard goes (10-1) lose in the second round @ homestead 

2022 Dillard beefs up the schedule in a huge way & finished (8-4) With a disappointing upset lost at home to their biggest rival in the second round. 

that’s unacceptable. It was time for a change. 

On 4/8/2023 at 7:48 AM, FBGUY1989 said:

ian gon lie, this is crazy disrespectful. prolly something like norland but the west is a big reach

28 minutes ago, cribboy305 said:

ian gon lie, this is crazy disrespectful. prolly something like norland but the west is a big reach

I believe he’s referring to the fact that both Dillard and Miami northwestern are storied programs with a strong alumni base who expects to “WIN” all the time. 

sure the bulls have won it all a few times in recent memory unlike my panthers, but even then it’s been about 3-4 years maybe 5 since the bulls won it all & like Dillard the alumni is getting impatient. 

in Dillard case the alumni is tired of these second round exits & frustrated with a coaching staff who struggled with getting to that next level, aka competing for championships. 

On 4/18/2023 at 11:05 PM, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I believe he’s referring to the fact that both Dillard and Miami northwestern are storied programs with a strong alumni base who expects to “WIN” all the time. 

sure the bulls have won it all a few times in recent memory unlike my panthers, but even then it’s been about 3-4 years maybe 5 since the bulls won it all & like Dillard the alumni is getting impatient. 

in Dillard case the alumni is tired of these second round exits & frustrated with a coaching staff who struggled with getting to that next level, aka competing for championships. 

Everything you just said is what I was referring to.