BTW vs central

DisabledAccount

Mainland may be the best overall team in the state this year (excepting IMG out as a fake ass recruited super team). Looking at what happened to STA slipping up against a multi loss BTW and the pending ass kicking they will receive at Gorman, and factoring in Mainland's impressive wins, it can only come down to Mainland and Central. Think this is finally the years for the Buccaneers.

Not sure what you are basing your logic on, but neither team has played a marquee schedule. Both teams got their best wins of the season this past weekend. Central is in Mainland's head. In fact a few coaches and players were at the game last night scouting Central. What big wins does Mainland have? Central's opponents to date actually have a better combined record than Mainland's. 13-12 vs. 9-14. Not being biased but Central is hitting on all cylinders right now. And is clearly the better team in 6A.

Mainland destroyed dr. Phillips. A very good team, and a team that barely lost to Apopka which is one of the best programs in the state hands down. That's what I'm basing it on. And Central is a very impressive team and they have a stud in James Cook. However I think this may be the year that the Bucs finally win. I'm not guaranteeing it or anything like that. I just think that this year they have a much better chance than in previous years because Central is not quite the Juggernaut it has been in years past based on their results. Doesn't mean that they can't beat Mainland it just means that they're not looking quite as sure of a bet as they have been in previous years.

We heard that before...STA is going to pound the bishop...

Well, the good thing is we don't have to speculate about it. They will play each other soon. And props to sta for always finding a tough out-of-state opponent. This year they don't appear to be the team that everybody thought they were. And Bishop Gorman has destroyed all comers. Their schedule has been far, far, far, harder than the schedule that STA has played

Mainland destroyed dr. Phillips. A very good team, and a team that barely lost to Apopka which is one of the best programs in the state hands down. That's what I'm basing it on. And Central is a very impressive team and they have a stud in James Cook. However I think this may be the year that the Bucs finally win. I'm not guaranteeing it or anything like that. I just think that this year they have a much better chance than in previous years because Central is not quite the Juggernaut it has been in years past based on their results. Doesn't mean that they can't beat Mainland it just means that they're not looking quite as sure of a bet as they have been in previous years.

Ok so Mainland destroyed Dr. Phillips just as Central did to BTW. Dr . Phillips lost to Apopka by 1,while BTW beat STA one of the best programs in the state. Both Dr . Phillips and BTW are 3-2 right now. So I don't see an advantage in Mainland's favor at all. As far as Central's results in 5 games they've scored over 40 in four of them. And little do you know this is Central's best team offensively since '13. How's that for not being a juggernaut? I'll wait...

Ok so Mainland destroyed Dr. Phillips just as Central did to BTW. Dr . Phillips lost to Apopka by 1,while BTW beat STA one of the best programs in the state. Both Dr . Phillips and BTW are 3-2 right now. So I don't see an advantage in Mainland's favor at all. As far as Central's results in 5 games they've scored over 40 in four of them. And little do you know this is Central's best team offensively since '13. How's that for not being a juggernaut? I'll wait...

Lol MC would destroy Plant

Last year MC was not a juggernaut... Last year was the year Mainland should of top MC...MC still has 2 more opponents in their district who are not chop liver... Who else left in Mainlands schedule that will give them a run for their money? I mean it's Sept n coaches n players took a 4 to 5 hr ride for a team that they possibly going to meet in the playoffs? ITS ONLY SEPTEMBER!!! Lmao!!

Well, the good thing is we don't have to speculate about it. They will play each other soon. And props to sta for always finding a tough out-of-state opponent. This year they don't appear to be the team that everybody thought they were. And Bishop Gorman has destroyed all comers. Their schedule has been far, far, far, harder than the schedule that STA has played

Who'll Chill from Texas got destroyed by Desoto and as much as I respect Cocoa they shouldn't have played Bishop n they played very well against bishop but wear down in the end... STA matches very well against Bishop... The thing STA have is a oline and a dline that tough and I don't think Bishop cb's can hang with STA's WRs and you got the Mike Epstein toting that rock very well... I wouldn't be surprised if STA wins this game going away...

Not sure what you are basing your logic on, but neither team has played a marquee schedule. Both teams got their best wins of the season this past weekend. Central is in Mainland's head. In fact a few coaches and players were at the game last night scouting Central. What big wins does Mainland have? Central's opponents to date actually have a better combined record than Mainland's. 13-12 vs. 9-14. Not being biased but Central is hitting on all cylinders right now. And is clearly the better team in 6A.

I agree with 95% of this post. Central has played the better schedule to date and aside from the close win against Norland has looked more impressive than Mainland. Mainland's offense did look very good against Dr. Phillips. Not sure if this was due to Phillips not having as good a defense as advertised or due to them being burned by Houston, who is one of the best Central Florida athletes I have seen in recent times. 

If this is one of Central's best offensive teams, then Mainland will be in trouble as I don't see this as one of Mainland's best defensive teams. The defense is good, but not stellar. With that said, time will tell which of the two is the better team in 6A. as they will most certainly meet in the playoffs. My heart says Mainland, but my head leans Central at this point in time. 

Regarding Dr. Phillips' close loss to Apopka, I would tend to discount it as the two teams play each other frequently and one of Apopka's strengths is opposing teams' unfamiliarity with its offensive schemes due to not many teams running them. Phillips is not unfamiliar and, therefore, usually plays us tough. 

I agree with 95% of this post. Central has played the better schedule to date and aside from the close win against Norland has looked more impressive than Mainland. Mainland's offense did look very good against Dr. Phillips. Not sure if this was due to Phillips not having as good a defense as advertised or due to them being burned by Houston, who is one of the best Central Florida athletes I have seen in recent times.

If this is one of Central's best offensive teams, then Mainland will be in trouble as I don't see this as one of Mainland's best defensive teams. The defense is good, but not stellar. With that said, time will tell which of the two is the better team in 6A. as they will most certainly meet in the playoffs. My heart says Mainland, but my head leans Central at this point in time.

Regarding Dr. Phillips' close loss to Apopka, I would tend to discount it as the two teams play each other frequently and one of Apopka's strengths is opposing teams' unfamiliarity with its offensive schemes due to not many teams running them. Phillips is not unfamiliar and, therefore, usually plays us tough.

Houston is a complete beast! After seeing this kid play the last two seasons, I am a believer. Should the two teams meet this year and this beeing his last chance to beat MC, he will leave everything on the field. But time will tell.

MC hasn't played StA. So don't make the comparison like MC is better than STa because you haven't played them. So it works both ways. And of course I think MC would be plant by 21. They are four-time defending state champions and a division 1 Factory. But this is a comparison between this year's Mainland team and this years Miami Central team. I'm going to stick to my guns and say that Mainland has a very good shot of beating Miami Central this year.

Who'll Chill from Texas got destroyed by Desoto and as much as I respect Cocoa they shouldn't have played Bishop n they played very well against bishop but wear down in the end... STA matches very well against Bishop... The thing STA have is a oline and a dline that tough and I don't think Bishop cb's can hang with STA's WRs and you got the Mike Epstein toting that rock very well... I wouldn't be surprised if STA wins this game going away...

You are forgetting that they also manhandled st. John Bosco who is either the first or second best team in California, a state of 40 million people. The only team in the country they can hang with Bishop Gorman is IMG. Perhaps Centennial Corona could hang with them as well.

MC hasn't played StA. So don't make the comparison like MC is better than STa because you haven't played them. So it works both ways. And of course I think MC would be plant by 21. They are four-time defending state champions and a division 1 Factory. But this is a comparison between this year's Mainland team and this years Miami Central team. I'm going to stick to my guns and say that Mainland has a very good shot of beating Miami Central this year.

Wait! You need to check your own comments...I made the comparison to STA because you made the comparison to Apopka. I throwing back at you what you threw. 😕

Mainland hasn't played Apopka so you can't say they will beat them. Stick to your guns, as that is your choice. But your first post about Mainland beeing better or MC not beeing as good in years past has no relevance.

You are forgetting that they also manhandled st. John Bosco who is either the first or second best team in California, a state of 40 million people. The only team in the country they can hang with Bishop Gorman is IMG. Perhaps Centennial Corona could hang with them as well.

Your talking about the SJB team that has that fast ass qb? Their good.. wouldn't say their that great... I don't take Cali teams that serious since they don't play defense over there... We will see this week... This Will be Bishop first time this year playing against real studs at defense...

Gorman is much closer to STA than to IMG. Sure they recruit, but nothing like IMG. Booker T went to Vegas three years ago and beat them over there, so they're not unbeatable. I think STA will beat them this week in a close game. 

As far as Mainland, sure they have a good chance of beating Central this year, just like they had a good chance the last four years. At this point I think it's a huge mental game with Mainland and their coaches when they play Central. 

I also think Central's schedule is much harder. Mainland just has to worry about Dr. Phillips (who they beat) and Cocoa, where Central has to play Norland, Booker T, Carol City, Jackson, and Northwestern. By the time the playoffs come around, Central will be battle tested after going through their own district. Mainland's soft schedule hurts them. 

Since this tread has already been highjacked, I'LL give my opinion on 2016 Mainland/Central. First off no ordinary fan on the planet has watched more Mainland football then myself. Darter and I have seen all of MC's title games. He also knows Mainland very well. I agree 90% with what he and MC Rocket have said above about a possible Buc/Rocket 2016 rematch. 2016 Mainland has the strongest passing game they have EVER had. A half dozen guys can catch the ball, and do. The RB is a strong, tough north/south runner with average speed. Both O & D lines are young and not as strong as years past " At this stage", but are improving. LB'er are solid but at times gamble. Corners are good, but don't get much help up top. Safely is D-1. Kicking game average at best. Return team is very dangerous. Cocoa game will peg Mainland's true strengths and deficiencies. They play real "D", smash mouth offense. Can Mainland beat Central? Sure they can. Will they? Don't know that. Last year's loss to MC was the biggest beatdown of the 5 games between the two In a physical sense. In 2011 the teams were equal. 2013 I think ( or was it 2014 ) Mainland was the better team. This would be the 6th game since 2009 between the teams. Mainland has never beat them. Not many teams have since then.

Since this tread has already been highjacked, I'LL give my opinion on 2016 Mainland/Central. First off no ordinary fan on the planet has watched more Mainland football then myself. Darter and I have seen all of MC's title games. He also knows Mainland very well. I agree 90% with what he and MC Rocket have said above about a possible Buc/Rocket 2016 rematch. 2016 Mainland has the strongest passing game they have EVER had. A half dozen guys can catch the ball, and do. The RB is a strong, tough north/south runner with average speed. Both O & D lines are young and not as strong as years past " At this stage", but are improving. LB'er are solid but at times gamble. Corners are good, but don't get much help up top. Safely is D-1. Kicking game average at best. Return team is very dangerous. Cocoa game will peg Mainland's true strengths and deficiencies. They play real "D", smash mouth offense. Can Mainland beat Central? Sure they can. Will they? Don't know that. Last year's loss to MC was the biggest beatdown of the 5 games between the two In a physical sense. In 2011 the teams were equal. 2013 I think ( or was it 2014 ) Mainland was the better team. This would be the 6th game since 2009 between the teams. Mainland has never beat them. Not many teams have since then.

It gotta happen eventually

It was 2014 when EVERYTHING was in Mainland's favor. Stout defense, explosive skill guys on offense, undefeated, home field, etc. I remember going to that game scared out of my mind. But somehow MC found a way to win. Should they meet again, I expect nothing less than a WAR!