Class 3A, Week 6

SPCjessica2004

My updated rankings for Class 3A heading into week 6.

1) Oxbridge Academy.
2) Jacksonville Trinity Christian
3) Chaminade-Madonna
4) Lakeland Christian
5) Orlando First Academy

Oxbridge jumps to number 1 due to a superior SoS and an offensive unit that's coming together every week. The game against AHD this week should be epic in West Palm Beach.  JaxTCA, despite 2 losses- comes in at #2. JaxTCA, to me, is still the favorite in class 3A until a class 3A team beats them, but Oxbridge is playing better as a unit right now.  IMG plays both teams in the coming weeks.

Maxpreps says Chaminade beat Pace 6-0, but then I'm also being told the game was cancelled due to weather and enough of the game wasn't played to register a true final score. Regardless, Chaminade comes in at #3 this week.    Lakeland Christian and MCC play one of the top games in all of 3A this week in Lakeland. Both LCS and MCC are undefeated at this time. If I did rankings past the top 5, MCC would be at #6. They're playing fast, physical and scoring at will.

Orlando First Academy comes in at #5 this week as they get set to play a much improved Ocala Trinity Catholic team this Friday in another very interesting Class 3A game.

Maxpreps says Chaminade beat Pace 6-0, but then I'm also being told the game was cancelled due to weather and enough of the game wasn't played to register a true final score. 

Yup, Josh has it down as a cancelled game since, as you stated, not enough of the game was played to count it as a final score. 

As always, fantastic insight! 

My updated rankings for Class 3A heading into week 6.

1) Oxbridge Academy.

2) Jacksonville Trinity Christian

3) Chaminade-Madonna

4) Lakeland Christian

5) Orlando First Academy

Oxbridge jumps to number 1 due to a superior SoS and an offensive unit that's coming together every week. The game against AHD this week should be epic in West Palm Beach.  JaxTCA, despite 2 losses- comes in at #2. JaxTCA, to me, is still the favorite in class 3A until a class 3A team beats them, but Oxbridge is playing better as a unit right now.  IMG plays both teams in the coming weeks.

Maxpreps says Chaminade beat Pace 6-0, but then I'm also being told the game was cancelled due to weather and enough of the game wasn't played to register a true final score. Regardless, Chaminade comes in at #3 this week.    Lakeland Christian and MCC play one of the top games in all of 3A this week in Lakeland. Both LCS and MCC are undefeated at this time. If I did rankings past the top 5, MCC would be at #6. They're playing fast, physical and scoring at will.

Orlando First Academy comes in at #5 this week as they get set to play a much improved Ocala Trinity Catholic team this Friday in another very interesting Class 3A game.

I don't know if I would drop CCC that far yet.  They lost a very tight game to Tampa Catholic.  Chaminade Madonna lost 1 game, and TCA lost 2.  If CCC and First Academy lined up on a neutral field next week, CCC would be probably be 14- 20 point favorites... 

I am thinking something like :

Oxbridge Academy

TCA

Chaminade-Madonna

Clearwater Central Catholic

Lakeland Christian

I will analyze a little more later in the week.

I dropped CCC out of my top 5, if I did a top 10, they'd be at 7 right now. Going from #1 to #7 maybe harsh butI gave them the benefit of the doubt prior to the TC loss that they were on a 14 game regular season winning streak and a 4x defending 3A Regional Champion; however, they've played all home games. They go on the road against Tampa Catholic and lose.

I'm not dropping them because they lost, more in "how" they lost. They were 1st and goal under a minute from the 1 yard line down 25-21. Meaning, they needed 1 yard to win the game and had 4 plays to get the job done. They were stuffed at the line of scrimmage 4 times without giving their best player (CJ Cotman) the ball one time. That's not a top 5 team in 3A, so I had to drop them out of the top 5. Now, do I think they're still the favorite in their region? Yes, but MCC is arisen as a legit challenger.  Will CCC be in the top 5 or 4 by the end of the regular season- totally. Hindsight being 20/20 you can make an argument that this was the wakeup call the Marauders needed; however, in the short-term, without the benefit of the winning streak- there's 6 teams playing a better brand of football so far.

We came close against 7A Buchholz  and 4A South Sumter. Two very competitive games where we should have won both. A fairly close game with 5A Wakulla where Wakulla was just too good. Also a blowout of a weak 6A Lake Weir. OTC will be visiting First Academy on Friday for what will probably be the district championship as the other two district teams, Trinity Prep and Father Lopez, do not seem strong enough to challenge OTC or First Academy. First Academy is undefeated. However, IMO, they have played nobody. Three weak Independents and one weak 2A team. IAW Jessica, First Academy are supposed to challenge in 3A. That being said, I don't see any way that they defeat us even on their field. They actually defeated much tougher opponents last year, when we met up, and OTC still had their way with them.

Maybe First Academy can surprise us the way they did in the 2012 playoffs when they had an awesome team made up mostly of Seniors who had been playing together for 4 years. Who knows. I can't attend the game but hopefully will be able to watch it on Trinity Live Stream.  ;)

We came close against 7A Buchholz and 4A South Sumter. Two very competitive games where we should have won both. A fairly close game with 5A Wakulla where Wakulla was just too good. Also a blowout of a weak 6A Lake Weir. OTC will be visiting First Academy on Friday for what will probably be the district championship as the other two district teams, Trinity Prep and Father Lopez, do not seem strong enough to challenge OTC or First Academy. First Academy is undefeated. However, IMO, they have played nobody. Three weak Independents and one weak 2A team. IAW Jessica, First Academy are supposed to challenge in 3A. That being said, I don't see any way that they defeat us even on their field. They actually defeated much tougher opponents last year, when we met up, and OTC still had their way with them.

Maybe First Academy can surprise us the way they did in the 2012 playoffs when they had an awesome team made up mostly of Seniors who had been playing together for 4 years. Who knows. I can't attend the game but hopefully will be able to watch it on Trinity Live Stream. ;)

this one should and most likely will be a blowout in favor of OTC, a score similar to last year for the celtics or even worse

district grudge match final,  Oxbridge 38 - AHD 0

like 4 minutes into the game,  score was 17-0.

Couldn't be happier for the Oxbridge team with a statement win like this.  It got ugly really quick....  Oxbridge even had a Safety in the first quarter on the Stallions... ThunderWolves laid down the running clock on AHD in the 3rd quarter.  77 total yards of offense for AHD.  

Oxbridge is deserving of the #1 spot and was clearly ready for whatever the Stallions would throw at them.  As for AHD this has quickly become a year to forget; however, I still think they're better than Cardinal Newman and John Paul 2, but Chaminade will running clock them in rd1.  Amazing how quickly they fell down.

I was at that Oxbridge game. Oxbridge looks good!

They are legit. They are missing their best player as well....I believe they bit off more then they can chew with IMG but part of that reason is Dwyer has been dodging Oxbridge for over 2 years now. Dwyer won't play Oxbridge till they know they are way down - like next year. Dwyer also has not played a team out of Broward or Dade in the regular season for at least 15 years. Oxbridge goes above and beyond to play the best competition. It is pretty obvious who is running from who...

The ThunderWolves will get beat on by IMG....just hoping they can avoid injuries. I don't think Oxbridge will match up well versus IMG. Although their line is very good on both sides of the ball, the IMG line is very imposing and will likely lay down the way the game is going to get played really quick.

They are legit. They are missing their best player as well....I believe they bit off more then they can chew with IMG but part of that reason is Dwyer has been dodging Oxbridge for over 2 years now. Dwyer won't play Oxbridge till they know they are way down - like next year. Dwyer also has not played a team out of Broward or Dade in the regular season for at least 15 years. Oxbridge goes above and beyond to play the best competition. It is pretty obvious who is running from who...

The ThunderWolves will get beat on by IMG....just hoping they can avoid injuries. I don't think Oxbridge will match up well versus IMG. Although their line is very good on both sides of the ball, the IMG line is very imposing and will likely lay down the way the game is going to get played really quick.

You think Oxbridge can avoid the running clock