Top 10 by class

DisabledAccount

You're taking shots at Avon Park's schedule but touting Jones?  Come on, man, Jones's opponents are 1-4,1-4,0-5,2-4,1-5,2-5.  Apply the same standard then.

No dog in the fight, but over the summer, at the USF 7 on 7 in Tampa, the Avon Park skill position players were very impressive. They played aggressively and looked alot like the Armwood team. I'M not surprised that someone is touting their accomplishments

Wanna quote me where I "touted" Jones' schedule?

I never said you touted Jones's schedule, but you did tout Jones.  

I'm just making the argument that Avon Park is as worthy of top 10 mention as any of the others, Jones included. If you want to argue that Avon Park isn't worthy of mention because of a weak schedule, then neither is Jones worthy of mention as their schedule is just as weak.   I understand it was before the game was played but what were you thinking when you included Bishop Verot?

• 2 weeks later...

Top 10 class 1a-8a heading into week 9

1A

1) Madison

2) Pahokee

3) Trenton

4) Port st Joe

5) Newberry

6) Fort white

7) Baker

8) South Walton

9) Dixie County

10) Lafayette

Dropped from list:

8) Union County

New additions:

Lafayette

I'll do 2a and 3a next (2a will still be top 5 like last poll, I considered making 10 but decided to leave it at 5)

2A

1) Cambridge Christian

2) Champaghat Catholic

3) University Christian

4) North Florida Christian

5) Victory Christian

None dropped from list, just order slightly changed

3A

1) Oxbridge Academy

2) Chaminade

3) Trinity Christian Academy

4) Melbourne Central Catholic

5) Clearwater Central Catholic

6) Tampa Catholic

7) Taylor County

8) Lakeland Christian

9) Episcopal

10) First Academy

None dropped, order changed slightly

4A

1) Cocoa

2) BTW

3) Raines

4) Bolles

5) Glades Central

6) Avon Park

7) Jones

8) Edision

9) Dunnellon

10) South Sumter

None dropped just order changed

5A

1) AHP

2) Bishop Morre

3) Rickards

4) Baker County

5) Jesuit

6) Cardinal Gibbions

7) Ponte Vedra

8) Palm Bay

9) Wakulla

10) Clay

Dropped from top 10:

8) Ribault

New additions

Clay

6A

1) Mainland

2) Carol City

3) Northwestern

4) Vanguard

5) Niceville

6) Crestview

7) Armwood

8) Charlotte

9) Naples

10) Lake Gibson

Dropped from top 10:

4) Central

New additions:

Lake Gibson

Now before I start getting complaints of dropping central from the list let me explain

I rank teams heavily based on where I feel they have a good chance of finishing I.e. the team I rank number 1 in class are who I am picking to win that class and so on, not 100% but in most cases that how I tend to rank

That doesent mean I think central would lose to those teams ranked over them, however it appears central odds of playing in playoffs are low right now and will be nailed into a coffin if northwestern beats norland next week while all 10 teams ranked I see being in the playoffs and all winning a playoff game also if I heard correctly central ends the season with 3 straight bye weeks so if northwestern beats norland then the last game central plays this entire season would be that loss so I didn't see how I could rank a team who may not play another game till 2017, hope that clears that up for some of you

7A

1) STA

2) Venice

3) Plant

4) Tampa Bay Tech

5) Lakeland

6) Dwyer

7) Braden River

8) Winter Haven

9) East Lake

10) Viera

Dropped from top 10:

9) Plant City

New additions:

Viera

8A

1) Apopka

2) Stanford Seminole

3) Deerfield Beach

4) Flanagan

5) Coral Gables

6) Osceola

7) Miramar

8) Dr Phillips

9) Columbus

10a) Vero Beach

10b) Mandrian

Dropped from top 10:

8) Sandalwood

New additions:

Mandrian

4A

1) Cocoa

2) BTW

3) Raines

4) Bolles

5) Glades Central

6) Avon Park

7) Jones

8) Edision

9) Dunnellon

10) South Sumter

5A

1) AHP

2) Bishop Morre

3) Rickards

4) Baker County

5) Jesuit

6) Cardinal Gibbions

7) Ponte Vedra

8) Palm Bay

9) Wakulla

10) Clay

Dropped from top 10:

8) Ribault

New additions

Clay

6A

1) Mainland

2) Carol City

3) Northwestern

4) Vanguard

5) Niceville

6) Crestview

7) Armwood

8) Charlotte

9) Naples

10) Lake Gibson

Dropped from top 10:

4) Central

New additions:

Lake Gibson

Now before I start getting complaints of dropping central from the list let me explain

I rank teams heavily based on where I feel they have a good chance of finishing I.e. the team I rank number 1 in class are who I am picking to win that class and so on, not 100% but in most cases that how I tend to rank

That doesent mean I think central would lose to those teams ranked over them, however it appears central odds of playing in playoffs are low right now and will be nailed into a coffin if northwestern beats norland next week while all 10 teams ranked I see being in the playoffs and all winning a playoff game also if I heard correctly central ends the season with 3 straight bye weeks so if northwestern beats norland then the last game central plays this entire season would be that loss so I didn't see how I could rank a team who may not play another game till 2017, hope that clears that up for some of you

That said , you are essentially saying that you believe Crestview and 5 other teams have a good chance of finishing ahead of Armwood in 6A?

That said , you are essentially saying that you believe Crestview and 5 other teams have a good chance of finishing ahead of Armwood in 6A?

I think region 1 of 6a can go to Crestview or Niceville as I can't judge which is better until they play, which I think is this week, and because of that I see that one or the other gets to final 4 and I see armwood falling to vanguard in 3rd round

If you wanted to rank panhandle teams as long as Crestview and Niceville are 1 and 2 you could put either of them in order of 1 and 2 and it would sound legit, both have a case for the number 1 spot and both have been impressive and I give Niceville a slight edge based on SOS but I would not be surprised at all if Crestview wins over Niceville or vise versa, both look to be at top of their game and both are clearly the best in panhandle this year

If you wanted to rank panhandle teams as long as Crestview and Niceville are 1 and 2 you could put either of them in order of 1 and 2 and it would sound legit, both have a case for the number 1 spot and both have been impressive and I give Niceville a slight edge based on SOS but I would not be surprised at all if Crestview wins over Niceville or vise versa, both look to be at top of their game and both are clearly the best in panhandle this year

I think that game could go either way but for now....Niceville's defense has looked much better against a more impressive SOS.  

7A

1) STA

2) Venice

3) Plant

4) Tampa Bay Tech

5) Lakeland

6) Dwyer

7) Braden River

8) Winter Haven

9) East Lake

10) Viera

Dropped from top 10:

9) Plant City

New additions:

Viera

8A

1) Apopka

2) Stanford Seminole

3) Flanagan

4) Coral Gables

5) Miramar

6) Osceola

7) Dr Phillips

8) Columbus

9) Deerfield Beach

10a) Vero Beach

10b) Mandrian

Dropped from top 10:

8) Sandalwood

New additions:

Mandrian

You stated that you rank teams based on where you see them finishing, correct?  Isn't Deerfield Beach your pick to go to states from 8A South?

7A

1) STA

2) Venice

3) Plant

4) Tampa Bay Tech

5) Lakeland

6) Dwyer

7) Braden River

8) Winter Haven

9) East Lake

10) Viera

Dropped from top 10:

9) Plant City

New additions:

Viera

8A

1) Apopka

2) Stanford Seminole

3) Deerfield Beach

4) Flanagan

5) Coral Gables

6) Osceola

7) Miramar

8) Dr Phillips

9) Columbus

10a) Vero Beach

10b) Mandrian

Dropped from top 10:

8) Sandalwood

New additions:

Mandrian

I am very high on Braden River. I feel very strongly they would beat, Lakeland, Tampa Bay Tech, and Dwyer. In 8a, Apopka is not playing like the number 1 team right now. However, I do strongly believe that this Apopka team has the potential to up its game. So, I won't beef with you giving them the number 1 slot. Just saying if they don't catch a fire like they did in 2014, the year could end in disappointment. 

I am very high on Braden River. I feel very strongly they would beat, Lakeland, Tampa Bay Tech, and Dwyer. In 8a, Apopka is not playing like the number 1 team right now. However, I do strongly believe that this Apopka team has the potential to up its game. So, I won't beef with you giving them the number 1 slot. Just saying if they don't catch a fire like they did in 2014, the year could end in disappointment. 

8A is as a whole appears very down to me versus recent years.  Very down...  Offensively particularly.

Braden river will have time to prove themselves and come back up rankings and likely end up getting a rematch with Venice in playoffs

Apopka may not look as strong as they should but I just haven't seen enough to pull the trigger and drop them but they better play on their toes if they hope to go back to states

I agree. Both the North and the South seem down. It is one of the reasons I am still optimistic about Apopka's chances. The other is, I know the team's potential vis a viz last year's.

The biggest thing is lack of threats Apopka has faced this year

Both of their top challengers in regular season have brought them down to the wire (plus the kickoff classic but I've ran that game into ground enough so not gonna bring it back up)

So the playoffs will make or break for Apopka

They have talent but will have to understand they won't get it as easy as they did during the season

4A

1) Cocoa

2) BTW

3) Raines

4) Bolles

5) Glades Central

6) Avon Park

7) Jones

8) Edision

9) Dunnellon

10) South Sumter

I would move Bolles above Raines.  I would move Edison over Jones and Avon Park.  I would put Monsignor Pace in over South Sumter.  I would also lean Lake Highland Prep and Clewiston over South Sumter as well....  

Mount Dora and South Sumter could be a good game in a couple weeks.

Braden river will have time to prove themselves and come back up rankings and likely end up getting a rematch with Venice in playoffs

Apopka may not look as strong as they should but I just haven't seen enough to pull the trigger and drop them but they better play on their toes if they hope to go back to states

Braden River has to worry about just making the playoffs right now. Their next game is at Palmetto, who likely smells blood in the water. Palmetto has given up 23 points in 6 games and their only loss was to Manatee (holding Manatee to 7 points).

Braden River has to worry about just making the playoffs right now. Their next game is at Palmetto, who likely smells blood in the water. Palmetto has given up 23 points in 6 games and their only loss was to Manatee (holding Manatee to 7 points).

I expect Branden River to handle Palmetto easily. If I am wrong, I will be the first to acknowledge it. BR has not fallen off much, if at all, from last year. 

I expect Branden River to handle Palmetto easily. If I am wrong, I will be the first to acknowledge it. BR has not fallen off much, if at all, from last year.

They have dropped off a little but it's more of Venice is a lot better, this Venice team would likely have beaten last year Braden river team as well

This game is a toss up for me. Palmetto's defense is much improved from last year. I think that is what it will come down to, whether BR's offense can break down the Palmetto defense.