Uncle Luke is pissed

LakelandGator

4 hours ago, Perspective said:

Who is he and what did he say?

Rapper, reality TV star, HC at Miami Edison.

He does many blogs, live podcast about various subjects(sports, politics, etc).

Today he called out the biggest public school cheater in Dade County and the fact the UM Hurricanes are aiding them in the process. He called it ridiculous and most of the people that tuned in agreed with him.

8 hours ago, LakelandGator said:

Today he called out the biggest public school cheater in Dade County and the fact the UM Hurricanes are aiding them in the process. He called it ridiculous and most of the people that tuned in agreed with him.

So who did he call out?  It has to be either Central or Northwestern?

On 5/30/2023 at 10:53 PM, LakelandGator said:

On the one hand, the fact that this guy is a rapper might lead some folks to believe that he would have a certain sense of relevancy and credibility in the inner-city part of Miami.   However, the fact that LakelandGator and DarterBlue know who this guy is, and know that he's a rapper, makes me wonder whether his relevancy window closed in the 80's or 90's.   :D

So, this thread started with a post that a high school football coach in Miami called out one or more other high schools and the local university for cheating/aiding the cheating, but I've seen nothing substantive.   Who's doing what?

1 hour ago, Perspective said:

On the one hand, the fact that this guy is a rapper might lead some folks to believe that he would have a certain sense of relevancy and credibility in the inner-city part of Miami.   However, the fact that LakelandGator and DarterBlue know who this guy is, and know that he's a rapper, makes me wonder whether his relevancy window closed in the 80's or 90's.   :D

So, this thread started with a post that a high school football coach in Miami called out one or more other high schools and the local university for cheating/aiding the cheating, but I've seen nothing substantive.   Who's doing what?

Everyone knows

15954d3d91941b9bc08db60b500dfdbc--luke-s

27 minutes ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

So what did the podcast say about UM helping Miami Central/Northwestern recruit transfers?

C'mon, man.   You've gotta keep up!   Obviously, he (or they) said mean, nasty, defamatory, perhaps true, perhaps false, incriminating, scandalous, vicious, unbecoming things about someone, some other coach, or some other school.  What more do you need to know?    B)

1 minute ago, Perspective said:

C'mon, man.   You've gotta keep up!   Obviously, he (or they) said mean, nasty, defamatory, perhaps true, perhaps false, incriminating, scandalous, vicious, unbecoming things about someone, some other coach, or some other school.  B)

Thank you. I was just curious as to whether or not these claims had any substance. This is beyond ordinary “trash talk.” Claiming that a high school is privately working in conjunction with a university to illegally recruit transfers had better hold water, because that’s the sort of lie that could lead to a defamation lawsuit.  

Uncle Luke (Luther Campbell) , 2 Live Crew fame... Haven't found what Luke said, but when colleges are filling the pockets of recruits and current team members with free flowing NIL (name,image,likeness) dollars, it wouldn't be much of a surprise if some of that cash made it's way down to some high schooler's. Unlike college players, with $$$ contracts, who's to stop NIL collegians and others from giving "teens" a little incentive to attend their alma mater and continue on a winning tradition. Makes sense to me. 

33 minutes ago, Perspective said:

C'mon, man.   You've gotta keep up!   Obviously, he (or they) said mean, nasty, defamatory, perhaps true, perhaps false, incriminating, scandalous, vicious, unbecoming things about someone, some other coach, or some other school.  What more do you need to know?    B)

Apparently Venice dude is now a former Indian and has relocated to 95th St in Miami. He gets more offended by comments made about Central than the entire nation of Haiti.

But to your original question, Uncle Luke as he is affectionately called, went live with some pretty strong accusations against the HS and that well known university in town. 

Correct me if I'm wrong Mr. P, as I was wrong once in my life long time ago, but from some private conversation you and I have had, you are an attorney by profession?

Uncle Luke has an estimated net worth of about $10 million dollars according to various sites. If he were lying or making false claims, would not Central HS and/or the Univer of Miami have a pretty "strong" libel suit against him?

38 minutes ago, Dan in Daytona said:

Uncle Luke (Luther Campbell) , 2 Live Crew fame... Haven't found what Luke said, but when colleges are filling the pockets of recruits and current team members with free flowing NIL (name,image,likeness) dollars, it wouldn't be much of a surprise if some of that cash made it's way down to some high schooler's. Unlike college players, with $$$ contracts, who's to stop NIL collegians and others from giving "teens" a little incentive to attend their alma mater and continue on a winning tradition. Makes sense to me. 

Game, set, match. 

6 hours ago, LakelandGator said:

I can't deny that fact. I just don't know how the last 30 years when by so fast. :o

From the second we're born, that train to the final destination has left the station.  It picks up speed the older you get. 

The first 18 years of my life (when trying to get the hell out of my parent's house) went by very slowly.  I couldn't wait to get out of John Cox elementary school fast enough.  I couldn't get my first kiss or hunch fast enough, lol.  Then, I couldn't be rid of Crystal Lake Junior high fast enough.  Then on to high school, I couldn't get my first job fast enough at the McDonald's at the intersection of Combee Rd and 92 next to the strip club.  I couldn't get my driver's license fast enough or save up enough money to buy my own raggedy-ass car.  It was a 1987 4-door Hyundai Excel, lmao! I couldn't graduate from Lakeland fast enough.  I couldn't turn 18 fast enough so I could vote and buy my first lottery ticket.  I couldn't establish my own independence fast enough and that's when reality kicked.  Before I had all the time in the world.  Now, there's never enough time.  I have to remind myself sometimes to take things slowly and just enjoy the flow of life instead of waiting for the next big event.

I tell my children not to wish their life away.  Everything may be somewhat of a bore now but that's also the blessing.  Don't be in a rush to grow up.  If I could go back and do it all again, the only thing I would change is that I would listen to the wisdom of every adult that told me not to be in a hurry to grow up. 

I can't speak for anyone else but myself.  However, when applying your statement, "I just don't know how the last 30 years when by so fast" to my own life, I can say with 100% certainty that the train of life is full speed ahead and it's filled with experiences and people that are no longer here.  The realization that one day, that will be me as well so make the most of every single day.  Leave a lasting impression.  Try to preach love, not hatred, although some situations may AT THE VERY LEAST warrant love from afar.

Powerful testimony Nulli, it brought tears to my eyes. I'm guessing you and I are close in age.

I remember me and a good friend, who died too young in 2015, were able to sneak into that old place you mentioned on Hwy 92 and Combee RD many, many years ago. Thank GOD it's a house of worship today.

Life happens. 

23 minutes ago, Nulli Secundus said:

From the second we're born, that train to the final destination has left the station.  It picks up speed the older you get. 

The first 18 years of my life (when trying to get the hell out of my parent's house) went by very slowly.  I couldn't get out of John Cox elementary school fast enough.  I couldn't get my first kiss or hunch fast enough, lol.  Then, I couldn't be rid of Crystal Lake Junior high fast enough.  Then on to high school, I couldn't get my first job fast enough at the McDonald's at the intersection of Combee Rd and 92 next to the strip club.  I couldn't get my driver's license fast enough or save up enough money to buy my own raggedy-ass car.  It was a 1987 4-door Hyundai Excel, lmao! I couldn't graduate from Lakeland fast enough.  I couldn't turn 18 fast enough so I could vote and buy my first lottery ticket.  I couldn't establish my own independence fast enough and that's when reality kicked.  Before I had all the time in the world.  Now, there's never enough time.  I have to remind myself sometimes to take things slowly and just enjoy the flow of life instead of waiting for the next big event.

I tell my children not to wish their life away.  Everything may be somewhat of a bore now but that's also the blessing.  Don't be in a rush to grow up.  If I could go back and do it all again, the only thing I would change is that I would listen to the wisdom of every adult that told me not to be in a hurry to grow up. 

I can't speak for anyone else but myself.  However, when applying your statement, "I just don't know how the last 30 years when by so fast" to my own life, I can say with 100% certainty that the train of life is full speed ahead and it's filled with experiences and people that are no longer here.  The realization that one day, that will be me as well so make the most of every single day.  Leave a lasting impression.  Try to preach love, not hatred, although some situations may AT THE VERY LEAST warrant love from afar.

Nulli I couldn't have possibly put this better than you did. Beautiful message. Who's chopping these damn onions... 

51 minutes ago, LakelandGator said:

Powerful testimony Nulli, it brought tears to my eyes. I'm guessing you and I are close in age.

I remember me and a good friend, who died too young in 2015, were able to sneak into that old place you mentioned on Hwy 92 and Combee RD many, many years ago. Thank GOD it's a house of worship today.

Life happens. 

Yes, we have to be somewhat close in age if you experienced and/or even knew the establishment that will remain nameless.  I forgot it anyway, lol.  I'm not sure exactly when it closed but I want to say it was after I graduated in '94, sometime in the late summer or fall.  I was still 17 at the time and when I turned 18 and came home for a weekend from college, it was gone.

You can find a house of worship on every corner in Lakeland today and that's a good thing.  

18 minutes ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

Nulli I couldn't have possibly put this better than you did. Beautiful message. Who's chopping these damn onions... 

I didn't plan on telling a story today but the unscripted tales are typically the best ones.  This comes a week after burying one of my older cousins who passed from Pancreatic cancer at 66.

Nothing wrong with tears.  I didn't learn that until I lost my father almost 20 years ago (July 15th makes 20) and even now, that sounds weird to say.

45 minutes ago, LakelandGator said:

Apparently Venice dude is now a former Indian and has relocated to 95th St in Miami. He gets more offended by comments made about Central than the entire nation of Haiti.

But to your original question, Uncle Luke as he is affectionately called, went live with some pretty strong accusations against the HS and that well known university in town. 

Correct me if I'm wrong Mr. P, as I was wrong once in my life long time ago, but from some private conversation you and I have had, you are an attorney by profession?

Uncle Luke has an estimated net worth of about $10 million dollars according to various sites. If he were lying or making false claims, would not Central HS and/or the Univer of Miami have a pretty "strong" libel suit against him?

Don't implicate me in your alternative world of lies and disinformation.  There's a reason I didn't quote your original post and it was because I knew that I would never get a straight answer from you. Until proven otherwise, you're endorsing an outright lie and trying to normalize it by claiming that it is a, "well-known fact." News flash! A lie repeated over and over again is still a lie, no matter how many people believe it.