IMG at Oxbridge, Thurs Oct 13

mbhs69

columbiafan gonna go on a limb and call the upset as OXBRIDGE STUNS IMG AND THE ENTIRE STATE WITH A TD AS TIME EXPIRES

-Columbiahighfan

That is definitely out on a limb Columbiahigfan! You know Oxbridge will likely be without their best player, right? ( Not that it will make that much of difference IMO)

If that happens it will stun more then the entire state, that will stun the Nation I think.

If that happens, I will personally drive up to Lake City and buy you dinner at your favorite restaurant within a couple weeks!

That is definitely out on a limb Columbiahigfan! You know Oxbridge will likely be without their best player, right? ( Not that it will make that much of difference IMO)

If that happens it will stun more then the entire state, that will stun the Nation I think.

If that happens, I will personally drive up to Lake City and buy you dinner at your favorite restaurant within a couple weeks!

hmm sounds like a good deal to me lol

Whos out BH?

I'm not sure anyone is out but I know that back in the Royal Palm Beach game that Traivon Leonard had a elbow injury and I heard something about him being out about 4 weeks which could have him up in the air to return against IMG on thursday.  Has to suck healing up from an injury and returning versus IMG  :blink: ...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sfl-star-db-leonard-leaves-with-injury-as-oxbridge-routs-royal-palm-20160908-story.html

I'm not sure anyone is out but I know that back in the Royal Palm Beach game that Traivon Leonard had a elbow injury and I heard something about him being out about 4 weeks which could have him up in the air to return against IMG on thursday. Has to suck healing up from an injury and returning versus IMG :blink: ...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sfl-star-db-leonard-leaves-with-injury-as-oxbridge-routs-royal-palm-20160908-story.html

He would be best off painting a red target on that arm

If img got a brain then they will have already known that He may or may not be back this week and that He likely not 100% lol

Of course they know that stuff but regardless, it is not like IMG is going to change their game because of Leonard ( no disrespect).  They practice versus kids of his level (or better) on a daily basis....

I feel that Oxbridge is going to have a hard time even staying in this game and making it respectable. They have played only one really decent team, Flanagan. Carol City seems to be so so and American Heritage is down this year. Oxbridge is mostly a ground and pound team that lives or dies through Sr RB Antuan Burgess, although they do have a couple of other good backs. If Burgess, as stated, is slowed by injury then the IMG defense will bottle up their running game and the Oxbridge passing game is nothing to write home about. IMG has beaten quality teams including flying out to California and defeating an undefeated (now 5-1) Centennial team. I also don't think that Oxbridge can stop IMG Sr QB Kellen Mond who has over 300 ypg both passing and rushing. He is also up for the top QB in the nation honors. I would love to see another 3A team defeat arguably the number one team in the nation. But, just "ain't" gonna happen IMHO. Of course, this is my opinion only, having researched team strengths, schedules, and stats. Others may have differing ideas on how this game will progress and I'd like to hear those thoughts for my own edification. :)  

I feel that Oxbridge is going to have a hard time even staying in this game and making it respectable. They have played only one really decent team, Flanagan. Carol City seems to be so so and American Heritage is down this year. Oxbridge is mostly a ground and pound team that lives or dies through Sr RB Antuan Burgess, although they do have a couple of other good backs. If Burgess, as stated, is slowed by injury then the IMG defense will bottle up their running game and the Oxbridge passing game is nothing to write home about. IMG has beaten quality teams including flying out to California and defeating an undefeated (now 5-1) Centennial team. I also don't think that Oxbridge can stop IMG Sr QB Kellen Mond who has over 300 ypg both passing and rushing. He is also up for the top QB in the nation honors. I would love to see another 3A team defeat arguably the number one team in the nation. But, just "ain't" gonna happen IMHO. Of course, this is my opinion only, having researched team strengths, schedules, and stats. Others may have differing ideas on how this game will progress and I'd like to hear those thoughts for my own edification. :)

Ehh I might just favor Carol City over the rest of Dade right now. Their record doesn't show how good they are. I think Carol City beats Flanagan this year by 10 at least. Just ask Lakeland and Miami Central.

I assumed that Antuan Burgess was the best player for Oxbridge and that he was the player who was injured. He seems to have the best stats, anyway. Traivon Leonard has very few stats so I wonder how he can be their top player? 

With Flanagan and Carol City, they were both tight games. 7-6 and 14-7. So Oxbridge must have a pretty good defense. However, I don't know if they have a good enough offense to score very much against IMG. I do know that IMG has the offensive power to score big against any team.