IMG at Oxbridge, Thurs Oct 13

mbhs69

Saw the 2nd half.  Coulda been called the Laundry Bowl w all the Ox flags.  Then it was like feeding the sausage makin machine.  IMG line had 2 players on the program listed at 6'8 ... #72 is 330,  #73 is 375 ... barely larger than the rest of both their lines, and they can move!!   IMG had it all, turbo speed, pursuit, lateral coverage, hands like glue, size, power everywhere, and kept bringin in fresh horses.  IMG suited 90+ ,  Ox suited up 43 players.  I now wonder if IMG really enjoys or has fun playing, the way they just steamroll along.  Ox players looked like little kids in comparison.  But they kept getting up to get another smack in the mouth.  When given publicly at a young age, humility can build character, they sure got a dose of it tonite.

181pl reminds me of the type of person who wants to have the same 8 champs every year with no upsets or changes

I say boring, we need fresh blood, I'm hoping for 8 New champs this year to show Florida has real depth

No. I'm a realist. Not a front runner. You guys wanted to pump up Oxford and make them something they weren't. I told you they would get routed and they got running clocked. I am not a fan of all star teams like IMG, STA, AH, and the Miami Dade flavor of the month publics. Can't stand those types. I would root for the Braden Rivers, Venices, and Apopkas of the world over those pumped up all star clown shows any day of the week. Again, you don't know me but I am a realist and I'm gonna call it like I see it.

well...... Definately wrong here lol

Same here, but Oxbridge I think is a bit better than they showed tonight. they definitely didnt know what to do when they got down and choked on a lot of mistakes. Gotta gotta gotta have a pass threat or be bigger stronger (aint happening) to compete with iMG.

No. I'm a realist. Not a front runner. You guys wanted to pump up Oxford and make them something they weren't. I told you they would get routed and they got running clocked. I am not a fan of all star teams like IMG, STA, AH, and the Miami Dade flavor of the month publics. Can't stand those types. I would root for the Braden Rivers, Venices, and Apopkas of the world over those pumped up all star clown shows any day of the week. Again, you don't know me but I am a realist and I'm gonna call it like I see it.

Yeah Columbia, 181p has pretty much always been more of an even playing field type, which I completely understand. You should see him and Canes go at it!

181p, you at least have to admit there are a bunch of programs nationally in "lesser" states (talent wise) that are pulling some serious strings trying to make super teams to compete nationally. The Dematha's, St. Johns, Gorman's, and random boarding prep schools etc of the world should all be more on you S-List over STA. These teams were all average at best 5-6 yrs ago. But with the freedom/money to travel and play big national espn games 4-5 times a year, will draw kids in IMG esq fashion. Nj is similar in a way too with that 6 super conference etc.

I really miss the days of the dominant Lakeland, Armwood, Plant, Manatee teams. Hopefully the rule changes even things out, because soon these OOS private boarding schools and their elite facilities will take our FL talent just like they do in NCAA lol. I'm exagerrating and somewhat joking, but the idea is scary!

Very simply IMG is that good. They pretty well did anything they wanted when they wanted and Oxbridge could do next to nothing. The folks that were pulling for Oxbridge, and had them actually defeating IMG, were all feeding off wishful thinking and hope. Neither of which will help you win any game. I salute Oxbridge for scheduling IMG. Where are the so called Florida powerhouse teams and why have not any of them scheduled IMG? 3A teams like Oxbridge and TCA have to go up against a team that should be in class 9A. 

Also I think what Handicapper and some others were saying about this maybe being IMGs going out party. They seemed a hell of a lot more focused and disciplined than when I saw them earlier in the year. Fake punts up 2 tds on their own 30...they were trying to make a statement today....and they did for sure.

Rankings will hesitate to put IMG #1, but they probably should be. That's why I want to see BG/IMG so bad. Will end the debate IMO. Still angry STA lost to that annoying qb, would love to see that smile wiped off his face!

Very simply IMG is that good. They pretty well did anything they wanted when they wanted and Oxbridge could do next to nothing. The folks that were pulling for Oxbridge, and had them actually defeating IMG, were all feeding off wishful thinking and hope. Neither of which will help you win any game. I salute Oxbridge for scheduling IMG. Where are the so called Florida powerhouse teams and why have not any of them scheduled IMG? 3A teams like Oxbridge and TCA have to go up against a team that should be in class 9A.

Probably worried they'll get some kids to transfer, and a butt whipping. I do think this is by far IMG's most dominant team, and I'm not sure they will be this good every year. They are not unbeatable, but you can't drop TDs if you wanna beat em.

Same here, but Oxbridge I think is a bit better than they showed tonight. they definitely didnt know what to do when they got down and choked on a lot of mistakes. Gotta gotta gotta have a pass threat or be bigger stronger (aint happening) to compete with iMG.

I agree they're a bit better then they showed, they have a lot of team speed on both sides of the ball and will be a force in 3a playoffs, they were just overwhelmed tonight by a team full of basically all stars

Also I think what Handicapper and some others were saying about this maybe being IMGs going out party. They seemed a hell of a lot more focused and disciplined than when I saw them earlier in the year. Fake punts up 2 tds on their own 30...they were trying to make a statement today....and they did for sure.

Rankings will hesitate to put IMG #1, but they probably should be. That's why I want to see BG/IMG so bad. Will end the debate IMO. Still angry STA lost to that annoying qb, would love to see that smile wiped off his face!

hopefully we get to see that IMG vs BG matchup at the end of the year, I have heard a few IMG players mention it on Twitter that they plan on challenging them after season to a possible mid December game assuming both run the rest of regular season schedule, which know looks like almost a sure thing

some of the bigger schools claim that IMG is scared and won't schedule them. I don't support what IMG does one bit but that's a load of crap, IMG will play anybody, just like BG said that IMG didn't want to schedule before the season but that wasn't the case, IMG tried everything they could to get BG on regular season schedule with coach Kevin wright calling leaving messages with them that were never returned. IMG football Twitter account even tweeted BG Twitter account and got nothing back