Where we stand in South Regions for now IMO...

BrowardHandicapper

This is my list of some of the stronger teams, and where they stand right now for mostly Regions 3+4.  These rankings are based on my thoughts if they were to meet on a neutral field this weekend slightly more so than record.  Every tier are teams that may be more likely to upset one another.  Every gap is a slight gap on the level of the team (some tiers are separated by 2 gaps).

8A Region 4:

Southridge

Coral Gables

Columbus

Palmetto

Southwest

North Miami Beach

Belen Jesuit

South Dade

Killian

American

Of note: North Miami

8A Region 3:

Deerfield Beach

Miramar

Flanagan

Park Vista

Western

Piper

Atlantic Delray

Boca Raton

Stoneman Douglas

PB Gardens

Of note: Seminole Ridge, Wellington, Lake Worth, Coral Springs, PB Central

7A Region 4:

St. Thomas Aquinas

Dwyer

McArthur

Mater Academy

South Broward

Palm Beach Lakes

Doral Academy

Fort Lauderdale

Ely

Royal Palm Beach

Of note: Olympic Heights

6A Region 3:

Naples

Charlotte

Port Charlotte

Fort Myers

Clearwater

North Fort Myers

Lehigh

Baron Collier

Northeast

Boca Ciega

6A Region 4:

Carol City

Mainland

Miami Central

Miami Northwestern

Miami Norland

Boyd Anderson

Sebastian River

Dillard

Matanzas

Okeechobee

Of note: Deltona, Heritage, Jensen Beach, Boynton Beach

5A Region 4:

American Heritage Plantation

Cardinal Gibbons

Bishop Moore

Palm Bay

Hallandale

Miami Jackson

Merritt Island

Rockledge

Stranahan

Suncoast

4A Region 3+4:

Cocoa

Booker T. Washington

Miami Edison

Monsignor Pace

Glades Central

Jones

Avon Park

Lake Highland Prep

Keys Gate Charter

Clewiston

Of note: University School, Atlantic Port Orange

3A Region 3+4:

Oxbridge Academy

Chaminade-Madonna

Clearwater Central Catholic

Melbourne Central Catholic

American Heritage Delray

Cardinal Mooney

John Carroll

Westminster Christian

Cardinal Newman

Holy Trinity Episcopal

2A Region 3+4:

Cambridge Christian

Champagnat Catholic

First Baptist Naples

Northside Christian

Admiral Farragut

Community School of Naples

Village Academy Delray Beach

Indian Rocks Christian

International School of Broward

Moore Haven

1A Region 3+4:

Madison County

Pahokee

Trenton

Newberry

Fort White

Dixie County

Fort Meade

Union County 

Williston

Of note: Baldwin, Crescent City

Naples

Charlotte

Port Charlotte

Fort Myers

Clearwater

North Fort Myers

Lehigh

Baron Collier

Northeast

Boca Ciega

Nice list BrowardHC'er, but I'd put 6A Naples between Northwestern & Norland.

Yeah.  I did the current list for Region 4 only for the more stacked Regions.  Naples is in Region 3,  I believe?    I just added 6A Region 3 but don't feel I know it as well as my local Regions.  Charlotte looks like they can bang with Naples to me....

Naples

Charlotte

Port Charlotte

Fort Myers

Clearwater

North Fort Myers

Lehigh

Baron Collier

Northeast

Boca Ciega

Where coral gables come from?

I didnt hear them talked about pre-season and suddenly they good

Is this gonna be a south dade year or coconut creek year or are they gonna be good for a while?

Coral Gables is basically just south of downtown Miami.  It is where the University of Miami is located and they generally are a playoff team of late.  I actually think they were better last year, but that just shows you how bad 8A South is this year...I believe Gables have been a 2nd round team for the last 4 years but their season usually ends in a massacre versus Columbus.  Outside of the very special 2013 State Championship team that South Dade had, Coral Gables and South Dade are almost twin brothers.  In recent years they are usually in the 4-8 ranked range in Dade County, and always teams that the big boys take serious.  That said I think Coral Gables is about par for the course and South Dade is a very down team and have a very hard 2016 schedule on their plate.

Coconut Creek was just a flash in the pan for South Florida.  The 2015 Coconut Creek team is all that I can really remember for that program.  A decent team, loaded with talent that unfortunately had their best year in school history the same year Hallandale did and they also had a very talented AHP program in their District. 2015 Coconut Creek was at least a top 50 FL team and possibly knocking at the top 25 when at there best.  On a side note, I believe they were like 47-0, and crowned the 7v7 National Champions or something....

So coconut creek had the worse timing ever to get good?

Basically....  They had like 10 D1 level Seniors with offers and like 6 D2/D3 level 2016 Seniors on their team last year....Hallandale just had strong Seniors with 16 D1 Offers and 8 D2/D3s!  Best year ever for both teams to my knowledge. AHP was loaded and even keel IMO. 

Coconut Creek 2016 Class:  http://sports.yahoo.com/ucf/football/recruiting/recruit-search-results?year=2016&sport_id=1&sport=football&keywords=Coconut+Creek

Hallandale 2016 Class:  http://sports.yahoo.com/ucf/football/recruiting/recruit-search-results?year=2016&sport_id=1&sport=football&keywords=Hallandale

Its funny Coconut creek was as good as it gets in 7on7, but Hallandale was the team with the more explosive passing attack during the season. Hallandale's offense was a thing of beauty. So many underrated players IMO. That Chris Cotto kid caught EVERYTHING going his way.

Anyways both of those teams would be the number 1 public in Broward this year IMO. Maybe DFB and CC would be close, but hallandale for suure.

Its funny Coconut creek was as good as it gets in 7on7, but Hallandale was the team with the more explosive passing attack during the season. Hallandale's offense was a thing of beauty. So many underrated players IMO. That Chris Cotto kid caught EVERYTHING going his way.

Anyways both of those teams would be the number 1 public in Broward this year IMO. Maybe DFB and CC would be close, but hallandale for suure.

Agree with Hallandale.  Cotto was nasty.  Hallandale just needed a tad better Defense and I believe they would have got that 5A Ring.   The one score that baffled me a little last year was Hallandale beating Miramar 7-0 ....

I do think Deerfield Beach is beginning to make their move now and will get at least to where they left off last year very soon.

. Another Senior led Public sleeper from last year that was probably in the DFB, Coconut Creek range was Plantation.  Plantation had always been a pretty consistent team, but I think last year's Plantation team was one of their better ones ever.  Not the talent of a Creek or DFB but a decent Defense and solid ground and pound type team.  They almost upset DFB in the First Round last year.  2015 Plantation would probably be running 2016 Publics right now as well.

Im Sorry but im NOT sold on DFB i mean Really what have they Done if that game happend vs STA lasr week they would have been blown out again sitting at 3-3 ONLY reason why their 4-1 as of right now is because hallandale had to forfeit that win because of a reported ineligible player. Their legit 3 wins A 1-4 ely team a below avg coral springs team and i believe a putrid taravela team. Like pleaassee lets pump the breaks here when they had games to show they were serious and to back ip their rankings they lost str8 up.

Im Sorry but im NOT sold on DFB i mean Really what have they Done if that game happend vs STA lasr week they would have been blown out again sitting at 3-3 ONLY reason why their 4-1 as of right now is because hallandale had to forfeit that win because of a reported ineligible player. Their legit 3 wins A 1-4 ely team a below avg coral springs team and i believe a putrid taravela team. Like pleaassee lets pump the breaks here when they had games to show they were serious and to back ip their rankings they lost str8 up.

These are not rankings.  These are where I think they are right now if they met the other teams on a neutral field this weekend.  8A in Broward right now is pretty weak - compared to usual.  Am I right or am I right?

Flanagan is the walking wounded right now and their offense is atrocious.  Miramar just lost to Flangan.  Please compile a list of teams better than Deerfield Beach right now in Region 4.  I'm listening.

These are not rankings.  These are where I think they are right now if they met the other teams on a neutral field this weekend.  8A in Broward right now is pretty weak - compared to usual.  Am I right or am I right?

Flanagan is the walking wounded right now and their offense is atrocious.  Miramar just lost to Flangan.  Please compile a list of teams better than Deerfield Beach right now in Region 4.  I'm listening.

I wasnt talking about your Overall thread im just talking about the ohh deerfield beach bucks turned the corner comments...what corner have they turned ...and i would pick miramar and FLANAGAN over DFB home or away flangan may not be what they use to but they only have lost 1 game for a reason & i dont think they have guven up more then 10 points all season which means their D is still lock down. Deerfield still has to prove to me THIS year that they can beat better or pound fa pound teams As good as them

I wasnt talking about your Overall thread im just talking about the ohh deerfield beach bucks turned the corner comments...what corner have they turned ...and i would pick miramar and FLANAGAN over DFB home or away flangan may not be what they use to but they only have lost 1 game for a reason & i dont think they have guven up more then 10 points all season which means their D is still lock down. Deerfield still has to prove to me THIS year that they can beat better or pound fa pound teams As good as them

That is a bold statement considering how banged up Flanagan is right now. Are you aware Miramar knocked Flanagan down to their 5th string QB?  Are you aware Flanagan's best player that is a 5 Star player and plays both QB/DB is injured?  Are you aware Flanagan was only up 8-0 to Plantation on Monday at halftime? 

As for turning a corner, I have spoken to a few individuals that have seen them at both practice and games and I'll just leave it at that.  

Let's see how they do against Douglas this week.  Douglas is not a pushover and are in a must win scenario. If they slaughter Douglas will you agree that perhaps they are making progress?

Miramar is probably the more dangerous team heading into the stretch.  I agree with you and was probably one of the first people in here to state that DFB and Southridge could be suspect in 8A but I can tell you that the 8A Offensive play right now in Regions 3+4 overall is anemic and I am calling it unbiased like I see it.  Deerfield Beach clearly has the best balance of Offense and Defense right now IMO and I happen to think they would beat Flanagan or Miramar on a neutral field right now more so than lose to them. Injuries can heal and there is still a month left till playoffs but that is where I stand in early October...

MDP, I don't think it's so much that we're sold on DFB, just more that we don't see anyone else capable right now, with the tools to make a long run.

DFB is far from world beaters and if they played Dillard tomorrow, I honestly wouldn't feel that great about it. But they have a very good defense and a guy who can get 6 before you finish blinking (juedy).