Miami Central

badbird

@Floridatechfootball Yeah they are. For Central to get in they need Northwestern to lose to Norland and Carol City which is all I was trying to say. Now if things fall in Central way it's only going to cause a 3 way tie which then I could see them getting in.

If they get in then i see MC rollin back to states and i see Norland ain't no walk in the park i salute that district in Mia

@Floridatechfootball That's why people commonly refer to this district as the SEC of high of football and most likely go to states coming out of Miami. People consistently say they put all them in a district together but that's because of enrollment size.

I think just Norland Could compete against any district in this state.

I see on twitter that Mainland wants to schedule a game with Central and I find that funny....

If that ever happened and Central happened to beat Mainland yet Mainland went on to win 6A States - how much of a mockery would that be of the the playoff format ?

I know it would be the last and final joke since the state appears to have made great progress to correct this but it would just be one last laugh at the flaws.

If that ever happened and Central happened to beat Mainland yet Mainland went on to win 6A States - how much of a mockery would that be of the the playoff format ?

I know it would be the last and final joke since the state appears to have made great progress to correct this but it would just be one last laugh at the flaws.

It would be ironic. But while I agree the new format should be better overall, I also believe there will be unintended consequences from it. Certain types of schools that have historically been mid tier in their regions may/will have a hard time getting games, as the top teams will either opt for very soft schedules to pad their records or very tough ones to get as many points as possible, assuming they fail to win their districts. At the end of the day, no system is perfect and none can account for the rises and declines in a team's performances as the season wears on. These often result from injuries/teams getting key players back, and in some cases young teams maturing overnight. 

I agree....

That is a excellent point to bring up broward and I agree that central Carol city and northwestern will make playoffs under the new format, heck maybe even norland can too, if 2 of the districts in region 2 have a off year for runner up Then all 4 could make playoffs, unless they set it up at 3 team max

I think Carol City can take out Mainland this year at least I hope.

Carol City to me has a low key complete team... Thet have a 2 headed running game... They have the stud wr in Dingle and 2 other wr that can fly... Oline is big and you already no their defense is LEGIT starting with their D cord