1st round playoff matchups

DisabledAccount

Fort white vs Hamilton

We got the easiest 1RD game of all 1A with out doubt getting a 3-5 team for we go see Madison

fort white better be on their toes, hamilton cant be taken lightly but if they approach it the same as last time they will likely win easily but face the toughest team on the season next week against madison

You can be sure that the Hamilton Co. team that is traveling to Ft. White will not be the same one that they beat 48-0. Our players and coaches were dealing with some off field issues that week and were not as focused as they should have been. Now with that being said, Ft. White has a great team this year and should be heavily favored with the talent that they have. We have played a tough schedule and beat the teams we were supposed to and took a few butt whoopins along the way. I just expect Hamilton to give a little bit better fight this time around. We are gonna give it our best shot and see what happens. Go Trojans!!

You can be sure that the Hamilton Co. team that is traveling to Ft. White will not be the same one that they beat 48-0. Our players and coaches were dealing with some off field issues that week and were not as focused as they should have been. Now with that being said, Ft. White has a great team this year and should be heavily favored with the talent that they have. We have played a tough schedule and beat the teams we were supposed to and took a few butt whoopins along the way. I just expect Hamilton to give a little bit better fight this time around. We are gonna give it our best shot and see what happens. Go Trojans!!

What does Hamilton have moving foward with younger talent?

We only have 8 seniors I believe. Playing a lot of 10th graders and even a couple of 8th graders are getting good playing time. So we are the definition of a young team. Proud of the way the kids kept battling early in the season and taking their lumps. Making the playoffs is a big deal, even if we get beat in the first round. Def gives the kids motivation to work in the off season. Losses are to Madison, Ft. White, Union Co., NFC, and Suwannee. So nothing to hang your head about. All Quality teams. 

We only have 8 seniors I believe. Playing a lot of 10th graders and even a couple of 8th graders are getting good playing time. So we are the definition of a young team. Proud of the way the kids kept battling early in the season and taking their lumps. Making the playoffs is a big deal, even if we get beat in the first round. Def gives the kids motivation to work in the off season. Losses are to Madison, Ft. White, Union Co., NFC, and Suwannee. So nothing to hang your head about. All Quality teams. 

Hamilton county has a history of winning games that they weren't supposed to. Don't underestimate them.

Hamilton county has a history of winning games that they weren't supposed to. Don't underestimate them.

Never planned on underestimating them but don't see us loosing not saying it cant happen. I mean they had issues first time we played does it matter that same week we played Suwanee on Monday then them on Friday of same week this time we will have a full week for the game.

James,

You sir are 100% correct. MCC vs Sarasota Cardinal Mooney is going to be, IMHO, the best first round game in Class 3A. Mooney has had a strong football season, MCC has exceeded expectations. I'm giving MCC the edge, but wouldn't be surprised to see Mooney pull the upset.

MCC has an excellent grind it out offense, mostly on the ground. They are steady and persistent. Just when you think you have them bottled up they break out. Just a good solid team. Also, their defense is very good. They are a well coached team, not like MCC teams in the past. Watch out for them in the 3A playoffs. They are going to be a handful even for teams like TCA and CCC.

MCC has been to much for everyone they've played; however, it's one thing to beat Champagnat and Union County. It's another thing to beat CCC, Oxbridge, TCA. Usually the only teams that beat those teams are each other.  

For instance. MCC knocked off Champagnat Catholic last week who was ranked #2 in 2A and much ado was made by the media that MCC beat the #2 team in 2A; however, Champagnat Catholic was only #2 because Sarasota Cardinal Mooney went to Victory Christian and won 21-18 the previous week. Victory was previously #2.  Now, Cardinal Mooney is a very good, physical, well coached and successful program. CCC was up 3TD's most of the 2nd half. Keep in mind, CCC had 6 starters not play in that game- including Amari Burney who is rated by Scout as the #1 athlete in Florida for 2018. If he plays, the game probably gets ugly.  I picked Mooney to upset CCC, but when healthy- the Marauders will be 2 to 2.5 TD's better than MCC even at MCC.

I think the two most interesting first round games where an upset could occur is:

1) Sarasota Cardinal Mooney at MCC
2) Tampa Berkeley Prep at Orlando First Academy

MCC has been to much for everyone they've played; however, it's one thing to beat Champagnat and Union County. It's another thing to beat CCC, Oxbridge, TCA. Usually the only teams that beat those teams are each other.  

For instance. MCC knocked off Champagnat Catholic last week who was ranked #2 in 2A and much ado was made by the media that MCC beat the #2 team in 2A; however, Champagnat Catholic was only #2 because Sarasota Cardinal Mooney went to Victory Christian and won 21-18 the previous week. Victory was previously #2.  Now, Cardinal Mooney is a very good, physical, well coached and successful program. CCC was up 3TD's most of the 2nd half. Keep in mind, CCC had 6 starters not play in that game- including Amari Burney who is rated by Scout as the #1 athlete in Florida for 2018. If he plays, the game probably gets ugly.  I picked Mooney to upset CCC, but when healthy- the Marauders will be 2 to 2.5 TD's better than MCC even at MCC.

I think the two most interesting first round games where an upset could occur is:

1) Sarasota Cardinal Mooney at MCC

2) Tampa Berkeley Prep at Orlando First Academy

I don't think Champagnat Cahtholic is the #2 team in 2A (perhaps top 5) but Victory Christian Academy at #2 previously was a joke.   Champagnat Catholic's schedule is nothing impressive but that Victory Christian Academy schedule is comical.  Champagnat Catholic's 7-1 record is more impressive to me than Victory Christian Academy's 7-1. Father Lopez is VCA's next opponent  :rolleyes:   

Cardinal Mooney's schedule overall has been a joke as well.  They will be lining up versus 0-8 Bayshore this week....  MCC is at least lining up against a decent First Baptist team.....

I tell ya SPCjessica2004, the only reason I am putting stock and taking some of these teams serious is because I respect and know you have great insight on these teams! 

Wow!   Those are some pretty big numbers on the season....

I watched some film on him he's got a live arm and accurate even made some good throws off the wrong foot.  If you don't keep himin the pocket he can beat you with his legs.  St Joe has had issues with pass defense but West Gadsden seems to struggle with run defense so it should be intriguing.

I watched some film on him he's got a live arm and accurate even made some good throws off the wrong foot.  If you don't keep himin the pocket he can beat you with his legs.  St Joe has had issues with pass defense but West Gadsden seems to struggle with run defense so it should be intriguing.

Yeah, I watched some file of him and West Gadsden as well..... You guys might  have your hands full...