1st round playoff matchups

DisabledAccount

MCC has been to much for everyone they've played; however, it's one thing to beat Champagnat and Union County. It's another thing to beat CCC, Oxbridge, TCA. Usually the only teams that beat those teams are each other.  

For instance. MCC knocked off Champagnat Catholic last week who was ranked #2 in 2A and much ado was made by the media that MCC beat the #2 team in 2A; however, Champagnat Catholic was only #2 because Sarasota Cardinal Mooney went to Victory Christian and won 21-18 the previous week. Victory was previously #2.  Now, Cardinal Mooney is a very good, physical, well coached and successful program. CCC was up 3TD's most of the 2nd half. Keep in mind, CCC had 6 starters not play in that game- including Amari Burney who is rated by Scout as the #1 athlete in Florida for 2018. If he plays, the game probably gets ugly.  I picked Mooney to upset CCC, but when healthy- the Marauders will be 2 to 2.5 TD's better than MCC even at MCC.

I think the two most interesting first round games where an upset could occur is:

1) Sarasota Cardinal Mooney at MCC

2) Tampa Berkeley Prep at Orlando First Academy

Don't forget about us. We played Wakulla, South Sumter, and First Academy close. Games that could have gone either way. MCC defeated us 40-10. I never stated that MCC would definitively defeat CCC, TCA, and Oxbridge. I did say that they would be a handful. Anything can happen in a playoff game and I believe that MCC will take advantage of every opportunity they get if and when one of these teams lets down, has an off day, or takes them too lightly. They have a very good OL that gets their RBs in space. And, their defense would stack up well against any team, I believe. Just a well coached team all around.

I think Cardinal Mooney will get past MCC in the first round. I also think Manatee will lose their first round game to Dr. Phillips. Manatee's defense is awful, and their offense isn't too hot either. That program is on a downhill spiral. The freshman team hasn't one a game in 2 years. If they don't get a ton of transfers, they will be a average team in the next couple years.

I watched some film on him he's got a live arm and accurate even made some good throws off the wrong foot.  If you don't keep himin the pocket he can beat you with his legs.  St Joe has had issues with pass defense but West Gadsden seems to struggle with run defense so it should be intriguing.

Yall got this, It looks like you guys played a lot harder schedule than West Gadsden 

Hwy17.....What makes you give Hardee the edge?

Defense!  The Hardee defense has been playing lights out lately.  The Hardee offense, while struggling early in the season has gotten better and not turning the ball over .  Plus they are ridding what should be a 5 game win streak.  

@sharkbait whats your take on the Cottondale vs Baker game? I see Cottondale has RB with over 2200yds and 29 tds yet 6-4.

Baker easily.  Baker has 25 seniors and 16 juniors no other 1A schools I know of comes close they are experienced and well coached and tend to overmatch most of the small schools up here.  This is not unusual for them to be senior and junior heavy its like this every year.  They won't be tested until the regiuonal final

I see. seems like only thing is SoS as of now the teams they have played combine for 33-42 records blounttown being only team they played which was there closest game of the year winning by 3.

While i dont put a lot confidence in strength of schedule this is how some of us match up

You said baker was 33-42

with that said if both Trenton and Fort White win this Friday you will have

Fort White 38- 43

Trenton 44-32.

I think Trenton vs Fort White would be a must see game i think both schools would be evenly matched. 

Actully where 42-37 no big deal but thats the record of teams we played up to now not counting Lecanto. But you are right about us and Trenton hopefully both teams can make it happen and we can see each other in 3rd of playoffs.

Fletcher 7-2

Suwanee 6-4

Hamilton 3-5

UC 6-2

Baldwin 6-2

Hilliard 4-6

Union 4-5

Eastside 1-8

Hawthorne 5-3

Lecanto 2-6 when we win 2-7

So after tonight would be 44-44.

Actully where 42-37 no big deal but thats the record of teams we played up to now not counting Lecanto. But you are right about us and Trenton hopefully both teams can make it happen and we can see each other in 3rd of playoffs.

Fletcher 7-2

Suwanee 6-4

Hamilton 3-5

UC 6-2

Baldwin 6-2

Hilliard 4-6

Union 4-5

Eastside 1-8

Hawthorne 5-3

Why you all even play eastside?

They a team that is 5a and probley equal roster size with half the talent level

Js lol

Fletcher 7-2

Suwanee 6-4

Hamilton 3-5

UC 6-2

Baldwin 6-2

Hilliard 4-6

Union 4-5

Eastside 1-8

Hawthorne 5-3

For some reason i did not count Fletcher my mistake. Trenton was also a game short with Jeff-co backing out of a game because of weather, Just reaffirms my thoughts on SOS.  

It a bad thing because Trenton vs fort white probley has potential to be one of best games in 1A this year but for it to happen fort white has to beat the 1A favorite who is beating basically everyone and a team fort white has 1 career victory against, wish it could be Trenton vs fort white second round so we have a great chance of game happen

Fort white could beat Madison but I wish fort white wouldn't have to go through the top 1A team to get that game to happen with Trenton