DiLLARD WiNS!! Panthers Halt tigers 5 game winning streak & they do it on the Road Final Dillard 17 boynton beach 8!!!!

PANNTTHHEERRRR NATION.!!!!!! Dillard is now PLAYOFF BOUND!!!! WIth Dillard winning tonight not only did they ends boynton beach 5 game winning streak not only did they do it on the road when mostly everybody picked boynton not only did they force a 3 way tie breaker but With the win Boynton beach and Boyd Anderson have to play first Monday AT DILLARD in a elimination game where Dillard will be waiting for the winner and whoever wins will play Dillard for the championship or to be runner up so either way were in the playoffs BABY.!!!

Now to get to the game Dillard defense harassed boynton beach o line all night on offense Dillard was in boynton beach red zone 4 times scoring twice and coming up short on a 4 & inches at the 1 and a being at boyntons 5 yd line to end the game but elected to take the kneel instead of running up the score.

We brought the whole lauderdale to boynton to night and str8 acted a fool lol band playing nun stop fans going crazy to the point boynton beach side was getting mad lol but non the Less we WON BABY!!!! Letssss Gooooo !!! PAWS UP !!!

Good game for Dillard. Regarding the shootout, though, I thought if in the second game Dillard lost, that they would have to play the first game loser for the runner up spot. Do I have this wrong? I realize drawing the first round bye is a big advantage as you would only need one win to be District champion. But I did not realize that if you lost, you would automatically get the second playoff spot.

Good game for Dillard. Regarding the shootout, though, I thought if in the second game Dillard lost, that they would have to play the first game loser for the runner up spot. Do I have this wrong? I realize drawing the first round bye is a big advantage as you would only need one win to be District champion. But I did not realize that if you lost, you would automatically get the second playoff spot.

Yeah u do because the first game is for elimination so the first team who lose on the first round is eliminated while in the 2nd round both teams are playing for title & runner up

You actually aren't in. The team who wins the first quarter plays the team with a bye and if the team who won the first quarter wins then they are district champs and the team with the bye plays the team who lost the first quarter for the runner up spot. Those are the rules for a 3-way district champ tiebreaker.

You actually aren't in. The team who wins the first quarter plays the team with a bye and if the team who won the first quarter wins then they are district champs and the team with the bye plays the team who lost the first quarter for the runner up spot. Those are the rules for a 3-way district champ tiebreaker.

Yup - Dillard can lose two games Monday night and miss the playoffs. 

From the rule book, for anyone doubting: 

4.7.2.3.4 Bracketing. The teams, based on their seeding, shall be bracketed as follows:
(a) Three teams tied for district championship:
• Round 1 – No. 2 seed vs. No. 3 seed.
• Round 2 – Round 1 winner vs. No. 1 seed; if No. 1 seed wins, it is district champion and Round 1 winner is
runner-up; if Round 1 winner wins, it is district champion and No. 1 seed advances to Round 3.
• Round 3 – No. 1 seed vs. Round 1 loser; winner is district runner-up.

Welcome to the board

What team you rep?

All tiebreaker games are tonight at the host of the number 1 seed which can be found on the home page

So in other words:

DISTRICT 6A-15

Otis Gray Jr. Memorial Stadium (Dillard), Fort Lauderdale | 7:00 p.m. ET

What’s at stake: District Champion & Runner-up

Seeding: #1 Dillard, #2 Boyd Anderson, #3 Boynton Beach

Quarter 1: Boynton Beach vs. Boyd Anderson (winner is guaranteed a playoff berth)

Quarter 2: Winner of Q1 vs. Dillard

Quarter 3 (if needed): Loser of Q1 vs. Dillard

So in other words:

DISTRICT 6A-15

Otis Gray Jr. Memorial Stadium (Dillard), Fort Lauderdale | 7:00 p.m. ET

What’s at stake: District Champion & Runner-up

Seeding: #1 Dillard, #2 Boyd Anderson, #3 Boynton Beach

Quarter 1: Boynton Beach vs. Boyd Anderson (winner is guaranteed a playoff berth)

Quarter 2: Winner of Q1 vs. Dillard

Quarter 3 (if needed): Loser of Q1 vs. Dillard

yes

if dillard wins their game they will be district champs and the loser is runner up

if dillard loses their game the team who beats them is district champs and dillard would play loser of game 1 for runner up

Damn the winner of the coin toss has a huge edge here.....I'll pick Boyd Anderson in Quarter 1 versus Boynton Beach and Dillard over Boynton Beach in the 2nd game..... Again though, the winner of the coin toss could milk the clock for a 5-8 minute drive if they want to.  If they can sustain and score, worse case scenario they would probably force OT because the other team is not going to want to score FAST and give the ball back. Sounds easy in theory but doesn't that make sense that the winner of the coin toss has a HUGE advantage?

Damn the winner of the coin toss has a huge edge here.....I'll pick Boyd Anderson in Quarter 1 versus Boynton Beach and Dillard over Boynton Beach in the 2nd game..... Again though, the winner of the coin toss could milk the clock for a 5-8 minute drive if they want to.  If they can sustain and score, worse case scenario they would probably force OT because the other team is not going to want to score FAST and give the ball back. Sounds easy in theory but doesn't that make sense that the winner of the coin toss has a HUGE advantage?

no if boyd beats boynton then boyd plays dillard and if dillard wins it would be dillard as district champs and boyd as runner up

if boyd wins first game and beats dillard they are district champs and dillard would play boynton for runner up spot in 3rd quarter

Yes, it does. It would probably be fairer to have the Kansas tiebreaker type situation with each team starting at the (5, 10, 20, you name it), and the first to "win" via a miss by the other team, going for 2, etc., getting to go to game 2, But it's better than just flipping a coin or even doing it the NFL overtime way. 

A lot at stake here tonight lol I admit I had the wrong interpretation that's my fault I own that so all in all we win we on we lose then we better win that second game or were out lol but I think with it being at our school after being on the brink of elimination at boynton last Friday I believe we will respond well to the 2nd chance at being district champions

A lot at stake here tonight lol I admit I had the wrong interpretation that's my fault I own that so all in all we win we on we lose then we better win that second game or were out lol but I think with it being at our school after being on the brink of elimination at boynton last Friday I believe we will respond well to the 2nd chance at being district champions

Good luck to Dillard tonight. I would like to see you win. I don't know that any of the three teams can beat MNW or CC, but you at least deserve the chance to strap up against them. 

I would probably give Dillard the overall advantage here since they probably have the best ground attack and will have the ability to control the clock - perhaps better than Boynton Beach and BA.  Then again ...that damn coin toss is critical.  It would suck to know your season could end at the fate of a coin....Meanwhile Springstead, Mitchell, and Sunlake in 6A-6 will send two of those teams to the playoffs  :rolleyes: ....

I would probably give Dillard the overall advantage here since they probably have the best ground attack and will have the ability to control the clock - perhaps better than Boynton Beach and BA.  Then again ...that damn coin toss is critical.  It would suck to know your season could end at the fate of a coin....Meanwhile Springstead, Mitchell, and Sunlake in 6A-6 will send two of those teams to the playoffs  :rolleyes: ....

Yeah that's going to be real critical I wonder if it's gonna be a full 12 min or 8

Yeah that's going to be real critical I wonder if it's gonna be a full 12 min or 8

Each quarter is 12 mins ... 2 timeouts per team per quarter ... each "game" is called a "quarter" ... teams can dress max of 60 ... no bands ... If the score is tied at the end of regulation, the NFHS overtime procedure shall be used to determine a winner (the 10-yard line overtime tiebreaker plan) .... warmups capped at 20 mins

(Source - http://floridahsfootball.com/2016/10/29/2016-district-tiebreaker-information/)

It is 12 minute quarters, with Kansas City tiebreaker rules if both teams are tied at the end of 12 minutes. Unless you are a quick strike team with no running game, the coin toss, as Broward said, is critical. Milk 8 or 9 minutes off the clock on a scoring first drive and the other team is forced to go to a hurry up offense unless they take the kickoff return a long distance.