DiLLARD IS DISTRICT CHAMPS.!!!! BOYD ANSERSON ELIMINATED

Vero is supposedly "down" from last year....What are your thoughts? Does 8A just suck that bad statewide this year or is 2016 Vero better than last year?

About equal because last year we had a first year starter senior QB on varsity and this year we have our third straight senior starting QB who has never started on varsity before so its about the same, when it comes to WR, we had all seniors last year which should have been a state championship team.

Defense to me is a little better even though we had more shutouts last year.

Overall i think last year was a better team because it was more balanced running and passing, this year we have senior Michael Smith who didn't start before on varsity playing and catching 2 or tds per game on average and we have huge depth at RB and depth on LB.

About equal because last year we had a first year starter senior QB on varsity and this year we have our third straight senior starting QB who has never started on varsity before so its about the same, when it comes to WR, we had all seniors last year which should have been a state championship team.

Defense to me is a little better even though we had more shutouts last year.

Overall i think last year was a better team because it was more balanced running and passing, this year we have senior Michael Smith who didn't start before on varsity playing and catching 2 or tds per game on average and we have huge depth at RB and depth on LB.

Lots of teams had a lot of Seniors last year including the team that  Vero would have had to faced at States if you made it that far and expected to win a state championship - Flanagan.  I don't think Vero WRs would have matched up well with their defense and secondary....

I will say that there is no doubt Vero was basically a 3rd round level 8A team last year , even though they lost to 8A runner up Osceola in their bracket.

Lots of teams had a lot of Seniors last year including the team that Vero would have had to faced at States if you made it that far and expected to win a state championship - Flanagan. I don't think Vero WRs would have matched up well with their defense and secondary....

Duh i know that i think Vero just can't win the big games and i don't think they will beat Osceola this year either they did in camp tho

Duh i know that i think Vero just can't win the big games and i don't think they will beat Osceola this year either they did in camp tho

Oh..my bad, I thought that you said that last year's Vero "should have been a state championship team".......

But you would agree that Osceola is not as strong as last year though, right?  I honestly think 8A is just down throughout the state.  I wouldn't be surprised if Vero Beach goes deeper this year than 2015 in the playoffs....

We've briefly discussed this before and I personally believe it's usually due to their regular season schedule. Sebastian doing what they're doing will help vero for the playoffs.

Oh..my bad, I thought that you said that last year's Vero "should have been a state championship team".......

But you would agree that Osceola is not as strong as last year though, right? I honestly think 8A is just down throughout the state. I wouldn't be surprised if Vero Beach goes deeper this year than 2015 in the playoffs....

I mean coulda got to states last year

and i don't think they will beat Osceola this year Osceola has more playoff experience

But could be better CHANCE than last year....

Absolutely they could, if they don't give up a big 3rd quarter like last year it'll help. But after Osceola third round game would be tough as well. Our area doesn't produce 3rd round teams on a very regular basis, but like Florida tech said they usually have a weaker reg season I think that will cost them ultimately. This new playoff structure may fix that.

Absolutely they could, if they don't give up a big 3rd quarter like last year it'll help. But after Osceola third round game would be tough as well. Our area doesn't produce 3rd round teams on a very regular basis, but like Florida tech said they usually have a weaker reg season I think that will cost them ultimately. This new playoff structure may fix that.

You think Vero will have a stronger schedule regular season schedule next year

We have had like 20+ seniors last 3 years

Not sure what would be senior led when we have difference positions to replace every year

And who would be the 7 teams you want to play with those games?

Are yall going to atleast be mature next year with mostly juniors and seniors.

Carol City

Miami Northwestern

Miami Central

Trinity Christian

AHP

Armwood

Mainland

Others.....

Deerfield Beach

Columbus

Mainland

Columbia