Does Vanguard have a weakness?

NewEraFball

I see a good amount of people talking about how good Vanguard is, and nobody is talking about any weaknesses they have. According to the way they are beating teams, are they possibly a new dominant team in 6a? Do they have any weaknesses? 

The only weakness I see is schedule strength for now.  They have not been tested like several of the other 6A powers around the state.  They are wrecking everything in their path, but when Lake Gibson is your biggest game of the season....

I do believe Vanguard can bang with the 6A big boys but just need a little patience.  I'm looking forward to how far this Vanguard team can go as well!

The only weakness I see is schedule strength for now.  They have not been tested like several of the other 6A powers around the state.  They are wrecking everything in their path, but when Lake Gibson is your biggest game of the season....

I do believe Vanguard can bang with the 6A big boys but just need a little patience.  I'm looking forward to how far this Vanguard team can go as well!

Yea I see that also. That's the main reason I asked. It seems their schedule is not near as strong as others in the state. I look forward to this game they have on Friday vs. LG. It's mainly interesting due to the fact that they could play again in the 3rd round of the playoffs IF LG beats hills. and Armwood and obviously Vanguard defeats their opponents in the playoffs, which it looks like they should considering their matchup. 

Vanguard, itself, has few if any weaknesses. This team is probably the best team in their history, maybe including the Daunte Culpepper team. If you consider undefeated Forest, perennial tough guys North Marion and Gainesville, and new tough guy Buchholz, a weak schedule strength, then maybe you are right. However, I don't see that schedule as a weak won. It may not be littered with state or national champion type material, but none of those teams are pushovers. Lake Gibson only played two halfway decent teams in Dillard and Sebring and they just barely got by Dillard. The rest of their schedule is mostly sisters of the poor. Kathleen is down this year and Auburndale is just a so so team. Not saying that LG will not be a challenge. But, I don't think they will be any more of a challenge than the 4 good teams that Vanguard played. The teams that Vanguard had in the last 3 or 4 years were good teams. However, they were not exceptionally good teams. Those teams all had their faults and they also were not undefeated and did not manhandle their opposition. There's always the possibility that they will fold under pressure. My feeling is that they are too loaded to fold easily. Just my opinion for what it's worth.

Vanguard, itself, has few if any weaknesses. This team is probably the best team in their history, maybe including the Daunte Culpepper team. If you consider undefeated Forest, perennial tough guys North Marion and Gainesville, and new tough guy Buchholz, a weak schedule strength, then maybe you are right. However, I don't see that schedule as a weak won. It may not be littered with state or national champion type material, but none of those teams are pushovers. Lake Gibson only played two halfway decent teams in Dillard and Sebring and they just barely got by Dillard. The rest of their schedule is mostly sisters of the poor. Kathleen is down this year and Auburndale is just a so so team. Not saying that LG will not be a challenge. But, I don't think they will be any more of a challenge than the 4 good teams that Vanguard played. The teams that Vanguard had in the last 3 or 4 years were good teams. However, they were not exceptionally good teams. Those teams all had their faults and they also were not undefeated and did not manhandle their opposition. There's always the possibility that they will fold under pressure. My feeling is that they are too loaded to fold easily. Just my opinion for what it's worth.

Proset, I am in agreement with your post. Vanguard, if they are as good as they seem to be, will beat Lake Gibson relatively easily. I don't think Vanguard has a much weaker schedule than Gibson and they have won their games far more convincingly. I do feel that the South bracket in 6a is much stronger all around than the North bracket. For that reason, it is possible that in the Semi Final or Final Vanguard could get taken out. But I firmly believe that they get to at least the Semis.

Vanguard has a glaring weakness along the offensive line, there were atleast 5 holding calls called against them this past Friday night against Forest and there were a nunber of times when QB N'kosi Perry handed the ball off to the RB and their was no hole even their, but Vanguard RB Watkins is so quick he was bouncing to the outside most of the night, that line play could be their ultimate downfall in the long run

Vanguard weakness is their defense. They are so explosive on offense all the defense has to do is get two or three, 3 and outs and the game is now 21-0 Vanguard. Now the pressure is on the other team to now catch up so the game doesn't get out of control. Which means most teams will go to the air and hope they can score just a quick as Vanguard. Don't get me wrong they are a good team, the best team I have seen since the 2012 GHS team in this area. 

I think their weakness is lake Gibson. Unless they played none of their stars.

they played all their stars for the entire game as I listened to it on the radio and as much as I hate to say this about my alma mater we got exposed tonight, the LG radio announcers were saying that the braves speed caught Vanguard by surprise and it did, they wern't ready for it

Not to bang on Vanguard after a loss but I said this in the other thread addressing them. They haven't beaten anybody significant in several years despite pretty good records. I'm afraid anytime they play a team with close to equal talent they will get beat on coaching. That means you can get a round or two in the playoffs then that's about it.

Not to bang on Vanguard after a loss but I said this in the other thread addressing them. They haven't beaten anybody significant in several years despite pretty good records. I'm afraid anytime they play a team with close to equal talent they will get beat on coaching. That means you can get a round or two in the playoffs then that's about it.

You're not banging on Vanguard when you state what seems to be the truth, Captain. I can see losing by a TD or a few points. But, this was apparently a decisive win for LG. I would like to read articles on exactly how this happened.  :unsure:

your not banging on them at all, what you said is the truth and I see them getting to the 3rd round and that's about it when they run into LG again or Armwood, whoever wins that 2nd round matchup in Lakeland

your not banging on them at all, what you said is the truth and I see them getting to the 3rd round and that's about it when they run into LG again or Armwood, whoever wins that 2nd round matchup in Lakeland

From everything I have heard people are saying Lake Gibson might be the real deal. Heard the defense showed just how stout they really are. I know we have all suspected them to be good, but people didn't realize JUST how good they were. They seem to be a legitimate contender.