Next year.....

Zoe Boy

No because it by region so they would meet in 3rd round at latest

That was the one thing that I think a lot of people did not like.     I think a team like Central should have to travel up to a District Champion like Mitchell or Springstead.     But if they ever did that then teams from the Central District would be deliberately throwing games and fighint/trying to get 3rd place, or the wild card and the he!! out of their own Region because it would generally be a much easier path to States!

In the end , don't we all want the the two best teams possible in the championship?

That was the one thing that I think a lot of people did not like. I think a team like Central should have to travel up to a District Champion like Mitchell or Springstead. But if they ever did that then teams from the Central District would be deliberately throwing games and fighint/trying to get 3rd place, or the wild card and the he!! out of their own Region because it would generally be a much easier path to States!

In the end , don't we all want the the two best teams possible in the championship?

That why I'm glad they kept it by region

That idea is ridiculous, I get having the region with best teams but we don't need Niceville having to travel to northwestern the first round

That why I'm glad they kept it by region

That idea is ridiculous, I get having the region with best teams but we don't need Niceville having to travel to northwestern the first round

But you are perfectly fine with Central having to play a team down here in the 1st round, while Niceville gets to tee off on Springstead, Mitchell or something in their backyard.  LOL.....That's fair.

If you finish third and you are a wild card than you should HAVE to travel to a 1 seed in another part of the state.  Part of the deal for finishing 3rd....

So you like the cannibalization of teams in Regions?  I like the talent spread out by Region which ultimately should give the best probability of the best State Championship - Regardless what Region the Wildcards are from...

Just give me the State Championship possible!

But you are perfectly fine with Central having to play a team down here in the 1st round, while Niceville gets to tee off on Springstead, Mitchell or something in their backyard. LOL.....That's fair.

If you finish third and you are a wild card than you should HAVE to travel to a 1 seed in another part of the state. Part of the deal for finishing 3rd....

So you like the cannibalization of teams in Regions? I like the talent spread out by Region which ultimately should give the best probability of the best State Championship - Regardless what Region the Wildcards are from...

Just give me the State Championship possible!

Travel!

Guess what not everyone has money like IMG or STA

The whole reason we got regions and why it not going anywhere, travel

Unless the fhsaa wants to pay playoff travel that is because otherwise it discrimination against the poorer schools who would have to forfeit the opportunity due to not being able to afford the travel, wasent that why a lot of teams went independent to begin with or dropped their programs? Because they couldn't afford it?

Central 6a to 8a R4

Carol city 6a to 7a R4

Mainland 6a to 7A R2

Armwood 6a to 7a R2

Gainsville 6a to 7A R1

Vanguard 6a to 7A R1

Takes central and Carol city out of 6a south

Takes Armwood and vanguard our of 6a north

You just opened 6a up a bit

Heck if you want to you could move northwestern up with Carol city and put them in 7a south and they can duel with STA

Armwood and mainland in 7a region 2 makes that region one of best in state

Gainesville and vanguard in region 1 of 7a makes some tight competition as well

And central in 8a south with Columbus, Southridge and all those schools would have some good dogfights

Wouldn't you agree?

I get the whole point of this new system is to help a 3rd team get in who usually wouldn't because of a tough district but what if you have someone who still can't get in. Take Stranahan who's in district 5A. Let's say Hallandale comes in behind Cardinal Gibbons and American Heritage, we'll Jackson, Coconut Creek nor Stranahan would get in the playoffs.