What will be the biggest upset in Round 1

badbird

DP looks damn good.

PJ, no hate, but just a reality check. It is becoming pretty obvious that Orange County football, especially the west side this year,  was not at its best. I would wait and see how DP does against Sarasota Riverview at their place before deciding whether DP is damn good, or just the beneficiary of a soft schedule like Apopka was. If you can handle them convincingly at their place, you may be on to something.

Manatee, despite its vaunted name, IS not the Manatee, you and I are used to. This is a team that gave up nearly 80 to a so, so out of state team (deceptively good record), and gave up 41 points to Newsome!  On the other hand, against what may have been the only state caliber team DP has faced this year, you lost rather convincingly to Mainland. Now maybe you are right, and for the record, I am backing DP. But I would take a wait and see attitude here. I am just saying: don't set yourself up for possible disappointment ... that is all. Believe me, I am smarting from same as I type this post.

There is no more setting up for disappointment. Every year there is a close loss so why not ride a wave of enthusiasm for once and not get scared of getting knocked out? A little mojo is what is needed.

Riverview is very good. We will see what happens.

DP Middle LB Dylan Meeks, the team leader, came back last night for the first time after an offseason injury. That has shifted the front 7 (where there are at least 5 D1 guys) to where they are confortable. The defense just got much better.

All I'm saying is they looked good. They finally put it together. I don't care how bad you all think Manatee is, our throws were crisp, the defense was fast and the special teams did a great job.

Mainland is on another level. Under rated. They are elite. They would probably beat DP by 10-14 on an average night.

Apopka still a top team in 8A. Last night was a fluke but give props to Timber Creek. I REALLY like their coach and have for years. One of the best in Central Florida. 85% of the time or so Apopka wins that game IMO.

Now it's opened up big time for Seminole. They should be in the final four.

I think DP and Riverview will be a great game. Their offense is very good but so is our D.

There is no more setting up for disappointment. Every year there is a close loss so why not ride a wave of enthusiasm for once and not get scared of getting knocked out? A little mojo is what is needed.

Riverview is very good. We will see what happens.

DP Middle LB Dylan Meeks, the team leader, came back last night for the first time after an offseason injury. That has shifted the front 7 (where there are at least 5 D1 guys) to where they are confortable. The defense just got much better.

All I'm saying is they looked good. They finally put it together. I don't care how bad you all think Manatee is, our throws were crisp, the defense was fast and the special teams did a great job.

Mainland is on another level. Under rated. They are elite. They would probably beat DP by 10-14 on an average night.

And, I hope you are right. Central Florida needs a representative in the State Championship game. The good thing is, if you take down Riverview, you get Vero Beach at home, assuming they beat Treasure Coast again.

And, I hope you are right. Central Florida needs a representative in the State Championship game. The good thing is, if you take down Riverview, you get Vero Beach at home, assuming they beat Treasure Coast again.

I thought Dp had to play Vero at Vero since Dp got home field last year in the third round against Osceola.... That's going to be a great game Dps stud d vs Vero quick O..

I thought Dp had to play Vero at Vero since Dp got home field last year in the third round against Osceola.... That's going to be a great game Dps stud d vs Vero quick O..

Vero would have played all their games at home, while DP will have already traveled to Sarasota to play Riverview. Therefore, I think the rule is that Vero would travel to DP. The semifinal, on the other hand is cast in stone with the Northerly team at the top of the bracket hosting.

Vero would have played all their games at home, while DP will have already traveled to Sarasota to play Riverview. Therefore, I think the rule is that Vero would travel to DP. The semifinal, on the other hand is cast in stone with the Northerly team at the top of the bracket hosting.

Yes. If riverview wins Vero gets a third home game if they win as well. If Dr Phillips wins they get a second home game as a district champ since Vero will have already had 2.