Niceville??

DisabledAccount

What is up with Niceville late season collapse?

Started 8-0 and was considered by most to be best panhandle team and finish with 3 straight losses

What caused this to happen?

Was it players being burned out at end of season? Was it coaching? Injuries?

I think if Niceville was considered by most as "the best" panhandle team it was very slightly....

I don't know if "collapse" is a fair word....Their final 4 games were against quality teams.  They  beat a better than their 5-5 record Pine Forest team 27-14, they lost @ what we know is now a very good Crestview team 21-27, lost 28-42 to a very good Navarre team, and lost 28 - 35 @ very solid St. Augustine team.

They simply hit a stretch of teams in the final 3 games on their level or better and got beat. Two of the games on the road...  It happens.  

Only reason I used word collapse was went from 8-0 to 8-3 to end season

But I agree the teams they lost to were good teams, but would you agree them finishing out with 3 straight losses after starting 8-0 was a little bit of a surprise?

2 of the 3 games were on the road...all 3 teams they lost to are 2nd round teams.  A little surprised I guess...

St Augustine's QB really shined and stopped the Eagles. When is the last time Niceville went 0-3, 3 weeks in a row like this? Last year Tate put a stopper to Niceville (although, not in the first round). 

As for what happened? Could speculate. I'm not sure. 

Their best playmaker got injured early in that game against Pine Forest but I'm not sure if he played after that game. Hard to say what exactly happened but none of those games were bad losses. All the panhandle teams were pretty even...West Florida, Navarre, Gulf Breeze, Niceville, Escambia, Pine Forest and Tate.