Armwood vs. Lake Gibson

NewEraFball

If Armwood was moved up to 7A , do you realize the disaster the State Championships would have been the last few years with the 6A North rep versus Miami Central? Look what they did to Armwood and imagine what they would have done to the other 37....Armwood has the been the only team that could feasibly compete with the 6A South Rep. That is a fact.

You probley right but then at least then armwood would get put in a region that is more of there level and on the plus side 7a region 2 would be one of best in states by adding armwood

Something to think about ....Perhaps the problem might have to do with the other 37 teams in Regions 1 & 2 being of poor quality in recent years...considering what has been happening to Armwood at States????

Lipton_Kermit-630x422.png

Just a thought....

This is what Armwood has done the last few years to teams in Regons 1 & 2. This data INCLUDES playoffs:

Armwood:

Year Games Played Record Point Differential vs. Opponents (Reg season + 6A North Playoffs) Avg. Victory Margin per game

2015 14 14-0 402 pts 29 pts

2014 14 14-0 515 pts 37 pts

2013 14 14-0 423 pts 30 pts

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

AVG: 14 14-0 447 pts 32 pts

Armwood versus Miami Central the last 3 years at State Championship:

Year Score Margin of Loss

2015 L 13-48 35 pts

2014 L 10-24 14 pts

2013 L 7-52 45 pts

AVG: L 10-41 31 pts

I think we all agree the 6a north has been dumpster fire last few years and provides no challenge to Armwood

This probley the best the 6a north has been since 2012 (the last time they lost the 6a north)

I think we all agree the 6a north has been dumpster fire last few years and provides no challenge to Armwood

This probley the best the 6a north has been since 2012 (the last time they lost the 6a north)

Then why not call out the real  37 team problem rather than the 1 team that just wins?

I just don't understand the inner hatred you have for Armwood outside of what appears to be jealousy.  You waste a lot of energy bashing this team all the time.  Let me ask you this.  Do you think if Armwood had to host Viera last year in the final round to punch their ticket to States they would have won?   

I do.

My point is more about calling out the real problem of 6A North - not an individual team that does nothing but win in the Playoffs up there. 12 teams have had a shot in the last 3 years to knock off Armwood in the 6A Region 1 & 2 Playoffs.  They all failed. 

Basically the only teams that have beaten Armwood in recent memory are Plant and Central but they are overrated, gtfohwtbs

Exactly!!!!

The main reason Columbia hates Armwood is he is jealous.  He is jealous that Armwood doesn't  have to go through teams like Viera (like Columbia had to at Home last year)  to punch their tickets to States.  He also probably believes if Columbia could have played Miami Central in the last 3 years at States , that they would have defeated them  :lol:

The main reason Columbia hates Armwood is he is jealous. He is jealous that Armwood doesn't have to go through teams like Viera (like Columbia had to at Home last year) to punch their tickets to States. He also probably believes if Columbia could have played Miami Central in the last 3 years at States , that they would have defeated them :lol:

When I ever say we would have beaten central?

DON'T PUT WORDS IN MY MOUTH

All I ever said is they play a soft schedule and are not tested until they get to states and because of that they are unprepared to face central

And Viera is better then the teams they have faced in 4th round last 3 years

you know what i find funny

it was like 4 months ago you critized me for always making every topic about columbia but over past month you have routinly brought columbia up into a topic when no one ever said anything about columbia because appartely if i state a opinion about a team you find the need to make columbia the vocal point

I am critical of armwood but it has nothing to do with their talent, it has to do with scheduling weak in-county teams 90% of the time for their regular season as they easily cruise to 10-0 and baring a game like this year where they played tougher competition (Plant) they blow teams out 

im sure if we schedule a team like Leto for 10 games we would be 10-0 as well

does that make us a top 10 team???

and the fact that everyone started predicting armwood to win states before they played a snap, OFF OF WHAT??

WHAT MAKES THEM THE 6A FAVORITE??

90% of their games are weak teams who they blow out like they should

i dont disagree that they are talented and a top 25 florida team but for them to be a legit threat to win states they got to play tougher opponents

i get that they cant control their playoff bracket being weak but they can control their regular season schedule now

ik in 2013 and 2014 they were in a 9 team district so those years not their fault but they not now, so they can play better teams

if they played a team like plant level like 2 or 3 more times during the season then 1) they would be better prepared for central and 2) i wouldnt have anything about them to critize them

now if you think your so good at arguing prove this!

which 4th round competition is tougher?

Plant/Lakeland/Viera

or 

Tate/Choctwa/Bartram trail

I'll try to make this really simple for you.  I'll take Armwood versus Columbia when the money is on the line to advance in a big game ALL DAY over the last 3 years.   Without even thinking about it.  I guarantee you most people on this board would agree as well.   By the way , when you express details like that it shows the obvious jealousy and anger you have been building over Armwood.  You could care less about the competition they face , it is more about - Armwood has opportunity that we don't have, right?

Listen, Columbia was HOME last year with an opportunity to punch their tickets to states against a 6-4 team that many had never even heard of.  Your Columbia team s#1^ on the $ with an opportunity to go to States and you know it.  They were beat down, blown out on their HOME field and the first thing you looked for was a scapegoat to make yourself feel better.  You pointed your finger at Armwood for being successful with perhaps less competition and you have made it a verbal witch hunt ever since. Am I right, or am I right, columbiahighfan2016?

By the way isn't there a 50 year anniversary of something coming up that will at least give you a reason to celebrate - even though it is 50 years later?

you know what i find funny

it was like 4 months ago you critized me for always making every topic about columbia but over past month you have routinly brought columbia up into a topic when no one ever said anything about columbia because appartely if i state a opinion about a team you find the need to make columbia the vocal point

I am critical of armwood but it has nothing to do with their talent, it has to do with scheduling weak in-county teams 90% of the time for their regular season as they easily cruise to 10-0 and baring a game like this year where they played tougher competition (Plant) they blow teams out 

im sure if we schedule a team like Leto for 10 games we would be 10-0 as well

does that make us a top 10 team???

and the fact that everyone started predicting armwood to win states before they played a snap, OFF OF WHAT??

WHAT MAKES THEM THE 6A FAVORITE??

90% of their games are weak teams who they blow out like they should

i dont disagree that they are talented and a top 25 florida team but for them to be a legit threat to win states they got to play tougher opponents

i get that they cant control their playoff bracket being weak but they can control their regular season schedule now

ik in 2013 and 2014 they were in a 9 team district so those years not their fault but they not now, so they can play better teams

if they played a team like plant level like 2 or 3 more times during the season then 1) they would be better prepared for central and 2) i wouldnt have anything about them to critize them

You're jealous of Armwood dude.  We all know it.

Columbia Fan I will give you a little information.  Hillsborough County uses central scheduling.  The county is broken up into thirds.  The teams in the top third ONLY play teams in the top third of the county for their non district games unless they are given the opportunity to play another out of county program that is highly ranked.  To play out of county you have to be nationally ranked in Hillsborough.  Armwood plays the best talent that Hillsborough can give them every year.  

Columbia Fan I will give you a little information. Hillsborough County uses central scheduling. The county is broken up into thirds. The teams in the top third ONLY play teams in the top third of the county for their non district games unless they are given the opportunity to play another out of county program that is highly ranked. To play out of county you have to be nationally ranked in Hillsborough. Armwood plays the best talent that Hillsborough can give them every year.

Can Armwood schedule teams in other regions of Florida?

To schedule an out of county opponent in Hillsborough county the team wanting to schedule a different opponent has to find an opponent for the team they want to drop off the schedule. The county schedules the district opponents first, then tries to schedule games close in proximity, and then the top teams play each other. So, say armwood is scheduled to play sickles. If they wanna drop sickles to play an out of county opponent. Armwood has to find a game for sickles also. That's the hard part