Vero Beach @ Dr. Phillips

Pipe Dreams

Huge game.

Dr. Phillips defense has set school records for turnovers and scores. DP blanked Sarasota Riverview (41ppg coming in) 21-0. Many DP drives stalled deep in SR territory. DP also held its own twoce in the red zone, the first when Riverview took the opening kick back 70 yards.

This DP defense is stacked now that everybody is healthy. 8.9 ppg allowed through 12 games

Will be interesting.

This should be a good game as we played DP and I have seen Vero play during the summer (in which Mainland beat them pretty bad at UCF) and during the season against Sebastian River. Vero is a good team but they don't have the fire power like Mainland does. Mainland has a corp of receivers that at any moment any one of them could take it to the house. Mainland also has a group of runningbacks that compliment those receivers. I won't even talk about the QB. In my opinion the game will come down to Vero stopping the DP offense which has talent all over the field. Now back to figuring out how to beat Carol City, they are a great tam.

This should be a good game as we played DP and I have seen Vero play during the summer (in which Mainland beat them pretty bad at UCF) and during the season against Sebastian River. Vero is a good team but they don't have the fire power like Mainland does. Mainland has a corp of receivers that at any moment any one of them could take it to the house. Mainland also has a group of runningbacks that compliment those receivers. I won't even talk about the QB. In my opinion the game will come down to Vero stopping the DP offense which has talent all over the field. Now back to figuring out how to beat Carol City, they are a great tam.

So Mainland beat Vero at UCF this year

Winner is a big favorite to make the finals and possibly win because the South is down. Seminole just lost their best defensive player. I got DP by 14

8A South is down significantly indeed , but 8A North looks to be down a good amount as well. 

Last year looked like this:

8A South:  Flanagan, Delray Atlantic, Columbus, South Dade

8A North:  Osceola, Dr. Phillips, Mandarin, West Orange

I can comfortably say that  what is left in 8A South for 2016  would likely lose to the 2015 teams  South Dade and Delray Atlantic and get destroyed by Columbus and Flanagan.

How would you rate the 2016 final four of 8A North versus the 2015 final four of 8A North? Would you say Dr. Phillips 2015 or 2016 is stronger?

8A South is down significantly indeed , but 8A North looks to be down a good amount as well. 

I can comfortably say that  what is left in 8A South for 2016  would likely lose to the 2015 teams  South Dade and Delray Atlantic and get destroyed by Columbus and Flanagan.

How would you rate the 2016 final four of 8A North versus the 2015 final four of 8A North? Would you say Dr. Phillips 2015 or 2016 is stronger?

I would say Dr. Phillips 2016 is a carbon copy of DP 2015. Seminole and Winter Park are clearly weaker than West Orange and 2015 Osceola, were and are probably about on the level of last year's Mandarin team. Vero Beach seems improved from last year, but having not seen them, I am not sure by how much. I am starting to think that South Ridge is the favorite to win 8a, mostly because they are not giving up any points.

Osceola, Apopka, Mandarin, and West Orange are all down from 2015. As far as Dr Phillips, all I know is what I saw. (IMO) They were flat and uninspired this year. Last year that wasn't the case. Mainland beat them by 20pts both years. They have rebounded well so far. I would question the level of competition. PipeDreams said they would breeze after Mainland, and they have. My guess would be the 2015 edges the 2016 team. But that is of no consequence. 8A south looks considerably do from last year.  PipeDreams went to DP and knows them. 181pl went to Plant and knows them. They have your answer, but they may hold on to it....for a while.

I would say Dr. Phillips 2016 is a carbon copy of DP 2015. Seminole and Winter Park are clearly weaker than West Orange and 2015 Osceola, were and are probably about on the level of last year's Mandarin team. Vero Beach seems improved from last year, but having not seen them, I am not sure by how much. I am starting to think that South Ridge is the favorite to win 8a, mostly because they are not giving up any points.

Damn Darter, If I knew you were up and posted I'd have been quiet with no response. Need to hit the refresh in a more timely fashion. :(

2016 is better. The 2017 class is loaded especially on defense. Last year the team was mostly juniors. Remember last year Osceola beat DP 20-19 on a pick 6 and West Orange scored 2TDs in the last minute to beat them.

DP had their worst outings of the year against Mainland, Olympia (24-14) and Freedom (38-0) this year. The Apopka game came down to the last play and DP was on the 5. Apopka and DP are about even but we all know what happened to APK.