Vero Beach @ Dr. Phillips

Pipe Dreams

He's been vacillating between wanting to be confident, and self doubt. I guess it's been so long since VB made it to the semis and beyond, that the doubt has got to be there.

I know this program like the back of my head man Dr Philips is loaded with D1 players on that line and Vero hasnt seen a team like that all season long even Sebastian River didn't have a front seven with that much talent on it.

how good is Winter Park? Have you seen them?

I saw them against Timber Creek. Winter Park is a decent, hard nosed, well coached team. They have one stud player, Jordan Pouncey, Notre Dame commit, who is their go to offensive player. Defensively, their front seven were quite impressive. They harassed the Timber Creek QB all night which led to three picks (one for a touchdown) and several sacks. This was the difference between Apopka/TC and WP/TC. By putting relentless pressure on TC's QB, they effectively shut down their passing game which Apopka failed to do. 

This year's WP reminds me of their 2005 team, which made the semis and lost a very close game 10-7 to the eventual State champ. Slow start, not a lot of stars, but very good team by the end of the season. I could easily see them beating Seminole. 

I saw them against Timber Creek. Winter Park is a decent, hard nosed, well coached team. They have one stud player, Jordan Pouncey, Notre Dame commit, who is their go to offensive player. Defensively, their front seven were quite impressive. They harassed the Timber Creek QB all night which led to three picks (one for a touchdown) and several sacks. This was the difference between Apopka/TC and WP/TC. By putting relentless pressure on TC's QB, they effectively shut down their passing game which Apopka failed to do.

This year's WP reminds me of their 2005 team, which made the semis and lost a very close game 10-7 to the eventual State champ. Slow start, not a lot of stars, but very good team by the end of the season. I could easily see them beating Seminole.

with Winter Park being at home could work to their advantage to, they might just pull this one out then

If DP's secondary can decrease the creases in the passing game then the d line will have a field day. No need to blitz cause the passes are released on a 3 step drop, the LB's will not be a factor in the pass rush. If DP is sound in coverage and lets the D Line eat then this game will be over quickly. But if you give vero creases they can hurt you with their athletes in space. Vero's offense is a typical spread team when it comes to the passing game. Now this year they do have balance with a really good run game that complements the passing attack. I would think that DP is well seasoned and has enough big game experience to counter the offense of Vero.

If DP's secondary can decrease the creases in the passing game then the d line will have a field day. No need to blitz cause the passes are released on a 3 step drop, the LB's will not be a factor in the pass rush. If DP is sound in coverage and lets the D Line eat then this game will be over quickly. But if you give vero creases they can hurt you with their athletes in space. Vero's offense is a typical spread team when it comes to the passing game. Now this year they do have balance with a really good run game that complements the passing attack. I would think that DP is well seasoned and has enough big game experience to counter the offense of Vero.

I believe DP will try to use them RBs to their advantage i can see DP running down the clock.