FHSAA sets points system in stone

Joshua Wilson

I don't have no problem with the transfers either.. Not us down here complaining... That's why we don't never trip about STA getting all those transers and I know why they get them or should I say why all the kids flock over there...

Well since we age going to allow open transfers, I think there needs to either be (1) a limit placed on the # of transfers allowed in,  or (2) play up in class.    When a school gets additional athletes that they wouldn't have otherwise had because they transferred there for the sole purpose of playing ball, that is compromising the purpose of why classification was created. 

My understanding is that if you are district champs, you are in the playoffs regardless of record or points, and will be seeded no lower than 4th seed with home field in round one.  The points are used to determine the remaining teams in the playoffs.   

I was too under that impression so in the above case for instance, IF you can beat the other 2 teams in your district why bother playing anyone tough. I thought that was the point to steer teams to play tougher schedules ?

I think the FHSAA is trying to fix the problem of having more than 2 great teams in a district and giving the other great teams a chance to be placed in the playoffs. Only the district champ gets a bid then you have to earn your way in if what you are saying is right about district winners getting in. Also I think they are going to put teams in by seed. If you have 2 really good teams from one district then they might not see each other until regional finals or even the championship game.

I was too under that impression so in the above case for instance, IF you can beat the other 2 teams in your district why bother playing anyone tough. I thought that was the point to steer teams to play tougher schedules ?

Hopefully no more 3 team districts.  I do think that points can be used for positioning, so the district champ with the highest points will be #1 seed and get the #8 seed in round one.  

I think the FHSAA is trying to fix the problem of having more than 2 great teams in a district and giving the other great teams a chance to be placed in the playoffs. Only the district champ gets a bid then you have to earn your way in if what you are saying is right about district winners getting in. Also I think they are going to put teams in by seed. If you have 2 really good teams from one district then they might not see each other until regional finals or even the championship game.

Which is why Palmetto who was a pretty good team has not seen the playoffs because it has taken losses in the past 2 years to Venice and Braden River.

I don't bash any team as I'm not a part of what they have or follow them but that district I had searched has not produced a team to be competitive while a Palmetto was for sure more deserving of a playoff spot based off of how the games played out in the first round than either team that showed up to play.

Hopefully no more 3 team districts.  I do think that points can be used for positioning, so the district champ with the highest points will be #1 seed and get the #8 seed in round one.  

I did not do any calculations on any of the other district winners but that total I came up with for the winner of 7A 12 was fairly low.

With that said their seeding would be the undoing of them in the first round as well.

I did not do any calculations on any of the other district winners but that total I came up with for the winner of 7A 12 was fairly low.

With that said their seeding would be the undoing of them in the first round as well.

Something to think about - A non-playoff team with a winning season like Palmetto or Sebring is now worth less points than an average team that made the playoffs like Frostproof or Southeast due to bonus points.  

Once again blaming others. Apopka didn't get any. Timber Creek didn't get any. Seminole didn't get any. Osceola didn't get any. LAke Brantley didn't get any. IF these schools did they didn't get many and no where near 15. 15 kids don't just show up to one school to play football. Are you telling me Palm Bay, Merrit Island, Heritage don't get kids into college? Kids are going to move around but 15 is a little fishy. Seems like someone has been promoting hard. We will see in a day if it paid off

I personally don't think the actual number was 15 this season. Did they have alot of transfers yes. And yes Palm Bay and Merrit Island do get kids to college. Heritage has sent a few but remember they are a fairly new school in Brevard. But don't try to single out Cocoa for getting transfers. The players that did transfer to Cocoa did so for the opportunity to compete for a championship and for the exposure. Cocoa had players transfer out as well. Palm Bay has gotten transfers Merritt Island has as well. Viera has gotten plenty of transfers as well this season at key positions. The leading rusher in Brevard is a transfer and got a D1 offer this season not too long ago to Syracuse. Transfers happen for opportunities not because recruiting pitches.

Wait, since 4A is now just regions and no longer districts, teams have to make complete 10 game schedules instead of just the OOD games. So what happens if you can only get, sorry for this label, bad teams to play you? How does the points scale help if you get wins but only over teams with terrible records?

Wait, since 4A is now just regions and no longer districts, teams have to make complete 10 game schedules instead of just the OOD games. So what happens if you can only get, sorry for this label, bad teams to play you? How does the points scale help if you get wins but only over teams with terrible records?

That why some teams moving up so they can guarantee games

Surprised Bolles did and not raines

Expected the opposite to happen

A win over a category 4 team is worth 35 points; a loss to a category 1 team is only 30.  Do you schedule the powerhouse team you might lose to or go schedule the average team that somehow got in the playoffs and you feel good about being able to beat?  See my post above.