Cocoa vs Booker T Washington

Cat_Scratch

Both are high caliber teams. Is this the year the Tigers finally win?

This will be a great game because BTW has beaten Cocoa since the first meeting at Trez Powell in an OT thriller. I feel this will be one of them games like the 2011 or 2014 games but will a little edge going in Cocoa's favor this year.

All respeck to BTW but my homeboy pick is Cocoa 35, BTW 21.

Jones put 30 last week on Cocoa.. Hmmmm Cocoa has to prove to me that they can beat Booker T.. Booker T 42 Cocoa 24

I think some of that Jones putting 30 on Cocoa was partly because Jones was a little better than we anticipated, Jones previously played Cocoa last month and may have been better prepared, and mostly because Cocoa was on another planet looking ahead to the Tornados coming to town next week.  Outside of giving up 30 to Jones, Cocoa had only surrendered a combined 26 pts since 9/23 of this year.

I think the games stays very close if Cocoa can establish the run.  If Cocoa can't run the ball and they get down a couple scores they will be thrown off and Judson will have to start playing catch up with his arm.  I don't now how that well that will work out....

I think some of that Jones putting 30 on Cocoa was partly because Jones was a little better than we anticipated, Jones previously played Cocoa last month and may have been better prepared, and mostly because Cocoa was on another planet looking ahead to the Tornados coming to town next week.  Outside of giving up 30 to Jones, Cocoa had only surrendered a combined 26 pts since 9/23 of this year.

I think the games stays very close if Cocoa can establish the run.  If Cocoa can't run the ball and they get down a couple scores they will be thrown off and Judson will have to start playing catch up with his arm.  I don't now how that well that will work out....

Broward is spot on. BTW will come in to Cocoa opening with a passing attack. It has worked out for BTW in every game they have played. They run that 3 wide spread, a RB in the backfield that has hands and 2 on the other side for a total of 6 players with hands. It has kept Cocoa off balance in almost every game. I don't see them trying to run much on Cocoa because of how hard it is to defend against the pass. Cocoa will try to run on the Tornado's but Judson can get hot with the pass and they will use it to keep the defense off balance.

If Cocoa does get down, it will be all on the coaches play calling to get the Tigers back. This will be a test to see if Cocoa can run on the Tornado defense. I'm sure WIlks has studied the Jackson and MC game tape as well has Harris watching lots of film on Cocoa.

Jones ran BTW's playbook almost to the T last week against Cocoa. They are a better than average team and will have a lot coming back next year. I see Jones wrecking teams in 2017.

Broward is spot on. BTW will come in to Cocoa opening with a passing attack. It has worked out for BTW in every game they have played. They run that 3 wide spread, a RB in the backfield that has hands and 2 on the other side for a total of 6 players with hands. It has kept Cocoa off balance in almost every game. I don't see them trying to run much on Cocoa because of how hard it is to defend against the pass. Cocoa will try to run on the Tornado's but Judson can get hot with the pass and they will use it to keep the defense off balance.

If Cocoa does get down, it will be all on the coaches play calling to get the Tigers back. This will be a test to see if Cocoa can run on the Tornado defense. I'm sure WIlks has studied the Jackson and MC game tape as well has Harris watching lots of film on Cocoa.

Jones ran BTW's playbook almost to the T last week against Cocoa. They are a better than average team and will have a lot coming back next year. I see Jones wrecking teams in 2017.

I looked a little more into Judson throwing the ball.  Although minimal, Judson is a pretty efficient passer.  54 for 81, 1085 yards, 16 TDs and 3 INTs for a QB rating of 134 (from what I gather).  It should be noted that Judson's QB rating only slipped a little bit versus TCA, Bishop Gorman and Viera.  Judson is a ridiculous athlete.... I'm sure Cocoa will try to bait BTW into that Play-Action at least a couple times in the game.

Yes I do very well. I was born and raised in Cocoa. Brevard native and a Rockledge alum. Also went to Bayside for half a year lol. But I'm in Ft Walton Beach now due to the Air Force.

Hey Keem, I moved from Ft Walton to Rockledge to Cocoa. I am also a Rockledge Alum. 2 years at Cocoa High then trans to Rockledge to wrestle. We were runner up in 71 and the last team to beat Brandon when they went on their 30 year undefeated streak.

The Rock is a good school. They are getting better little by little in football again.

Hey Keem, I moved from Ft Walton to Rockledge to Cocoa. I am also a Rockledge Alum. 2 years at Cocoa High then trans to Rockledge to wrestle. We were runner up in 71 and the last team to beat Brandon when they went on their 30 year undefeated streak.

The Rock is a good school. They are getting better little by little in football again.

I was 3 and a half years at Rockledge and half a year at Bayside. The Rock is definitely a good school and Wayne Younger is getting them back on track. They definitely needed a fresh perspective on the playbook. Also have a great running back there as well. I graduated back in 09 and witnessed the last time Rockledge ever beat Cocoa which was my freshman year.

Was a stellar game. Both teams should be recognized for having awesome defenses. Lots of flags for both sides but both teams showed good sportsmanship. The lead was back and forth. Both Offenses were keeping the Defenses guessing the whole game.

Cocoa had an early Punt Return called back because of hitting the kicker after being blocked from behind when he was pulling back. Could have been a no call but the kicker rolled around enough to pull the flag. Several calls could have been iffy for both sides but only one TD called back so it was cool. Decent Reffing I would say sense the ref's never seemed partial. BTW fans may see it the other way but they have to be honest and admit it was a fair game.

In the end BTW looked tired the last 5 minutes of the game. I think the long bus ride finally got them. Had they played in Miami I have a feeling the score may have been 4 points in BTW's favor. Richardson is a special QB. When he isn't under a lot of pressure he is deadly accurate. Will enjoy watching him develop in the coming years.

Surprise of the night was the 8th grader for Cocoa, #66. He was in the backfield all night. He is the sack leader on that aggressive defense. He had a blocked punt and a few sacks tonight and was disrupting plays. He will be a force in the future. He has 4 more years at the varsity level.

The year the Cubs break the curse, so does Cocoa. It was one hell of a game.

Thanks Slick. I was one hell of a battle out there tonight. Had we not played Jones last week and Jones having a great passing game, Cocoa may not have had enough pass experience to stop BTW. It was a one of the better games for the Cocoa fans. The celebration after the game was well deserved. A lot of the fans and parents were on the field congratulating the players and coaches. The Coach that is the defensive passing coach is a long time friend on mine that was hired this year. I have to think he may have been the one missing coach for Cocoa that helped push them over the hill. He was very proud of his defense. They were still beat some but not dominated like in years past.

Damn them boys from deep south Florida are some tough dudes. Big, big linemen. Shoot, looked like an NFL O-line.

Thanks Slick. I was one hell of a battle out there tonight. Had we not played Jones last week and Jones having a great passing game, Cocoa may not have had enough pass experience to stop BTW. It was a one of the better games for the Cocoa fans. The celebration after the game was well deserved. A lot of the fans and parents were on the field congratulating the players and coaches. The Coach that is the defensive passing coach is a long time friend on mine that was hired this year. I have to think he may have been the one missing coach for Cocoa that helped push them over the hill. He was very proud of his defense. They were still beat some but not dominated like in years past.

Damn them boys from deep south Florida are some tough dudes. Big, big linemen. Shoot, looked like an NFL O-line.

2 of their olives didn't play tonight from what my boy was telling me..

Both are high caliber teams. Is this the year the Tigers finally win?

This will be a great game because BTW has beaten Cocoa since the first meeting at Trez Powell in an OT thriller. I feel this will be one of them games like the 2011 or 2014 games but will a little edge going in Cocoa's favor this year.

All respeck to BTW but my homeboy pick is Cocoa 35, BTW 21.

That game was actually at Curtis park